The Role of the Regional Milieu for the Decision to Start a New Firm: Empirical Evidence for Germany
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sternberg, Rolf & Wagner, Joachim, 2002. "The role of the regional milieu for the decision to start a new firm: Empirical evidence for Germany," ERSA conference papers ersa02p396, European Regional Science Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Westlund, Hans & Bolton, Roger, 2003. "Local Social Capital and Entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 77-113, September.
- Rolf Sternberg & Christine Tamasy, 1999. "Munich as Germany's No. 1 High Technology Region: Empirical Evidence, Theoretical Explanations and the Role of Small Firm/Large Firm Relationships," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(4), pages 367-377.
- Eric A. Nerlinger & Franz-Josef Bade, 2000. "The spatial distribution of new technology-based firms: Empirical results for West-Germany," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 79(2), pages 155-176.
- Jack High (ed.), 2001. "Competition," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1751.
- Baumol, William J., 1986. "Entrepreneurship and a century of growth," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 141-145.
- David Audretsch & Michael Fritsch, 2002. "Growth Regimes over Time and Space," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 113-124.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joachim Ragnitz & Stefan Eichler & Beate Henschel & Harald Lehmann & Carsten Pohl & Lutz Schneider & Helmut Seitz & Marcel Thum, 2007. "Die demographische Entwicklung in Ostdeutschland : Gutachten im Auftrag des Bundesministeriums für Wirtschaft und Technologie," ifo Dresden Studien, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 41, October.
- Sierdjan Koster & Charlie Karlsson, 2010.
"New Firm Formation and Economic Development in a Globalizing Economy,"
Chapters,in: Entrepreneurship and Regional Development, chapter 3
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Koster, Sierdjan & Karlsson, Charlie, 2009. "New Firm Formation and Economic Development in a Globalizing Economy," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 167, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
More about this item
Keywordsregional milieu; entrepreneurship; Germany;
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp494. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .