Agricultural landscapes as multi-scale public good and the role of the Common Agricultural Policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Lefebvre, Marianne & Espinosa, Maria & Gomez-y-Paloma, Sergio & Piorr, Annette & Zasada, Ingo, 2013. "Agricultural landscapes as multi-scale public good and the role of the Common Agricultural Policy," 2013 Second Congress, June 6-7, 2013, Parma, Italy 150237, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Parkhurst, Gregory M. & Shogren, Jason F. & Bastian, Chris & Kivi, Paul & Donner, Jennifer & Smith, Rodney B. W., 2002. "Agglomeration bonus: an incentive mechanism to reunite fragmented habitat for biodiversity conservation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 305-328, May.
- repec:ipt:wpaper:jrc73276 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wolsink, Maarten, 2007. "Planning of renewables schemes: Deliberative and fair decision-making on landscape issues instead of reproachful accusations of non-cooperation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2692-2704, May.
- Todd Sandler, 1998.
"Global and regional public goods: a prognosis for collective action,"
Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 19(3), pages 221-247, August.
- Sandler, Todd, 1998. "Global and Regional Public Goods: A Prognosis for Collective Action," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1225, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Goldman, Rebecca L. & Thompson, Barton H. & Daily, Gretchen C., 2007. "Institutional incentives for managing the landscape: Inducing cooperation for the production of ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 333-343, December.
- Mark Brady & Konrad Kellermann & Christoph Sahrbacher & Ladislav Jelinek, 2009. "Impacts of Decoupled Agricultural Support on Farm Structure, Biodiversity and Landscape Mosaic: Some EU Results," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 563-585, September.
- Robert Lifran, 2009. "Landscape Economics : The Road Ahead," Working Papers 09-25, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Dec 2009.
- Rodrigo Arriagada & Charles Perrings, 2013. "Paying for international environmental public goods," Chapters, in: Pushpam Kumar & Ibrahim Thiaw (ed.), Values, Payments and Institutions for Ecosystem Management, chapter 9, pages 172-191, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Wünscher, Tobias & Engel, Stefanie & Wunder, Sven, 2008. "Spatial targeting of payments for environmental services: A tool for boosting conservation benefits," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 822-833, May.
- Marianne Lefebvre & Maria Espinosa & Sergio Gomez-y-Paloma, 2012. "The influence of the Common Agricultural Policy on agricultural landscapes," JRC Working Papers JRC73276, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giulia Capotorti & Vera De Lazzari & Marta Alós Ortí, 2019. "Local Scale Prioritisation of Green Infrastructure for Enhancing Biodiversity in Peri-Urban Agroecosystems: A Multi-Step Process Applied in the Metropolitan City of Rome (Italy)," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(12), pages 1-20, June.
- Davide Viaggi, 2015. "Editorial," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 58(12), pages 2082-2087, December.
- Matteo Zavalloni & Meri Raggi & Davide Viaggi, 2016. "Assessing Collective Measures in Rural Policy: The Effect of Minimum Participation Rules on the Distribution of Benefits from Irrigation Infrastructure," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(1), pages 1-19, December.
- repec:spr:agfoec:v:2:y:2014:i:1:p:1-21 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mara Balestrieri & Amedeo Ganciu, 2018. "Landscape Changes in Rural Areas: A Focus on Sardinian Territory," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Robert Huber & Robert Finger, 2020. "A Meta‐analysis of the Willingness to Pay for Cultural Services from Grasslands in Europe," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 71(2), pages 357-383, June.
- Apostolos G. Papadopoulos, 2015. "The Impact of the CAP on Agriculture and Rural Areas of EU Member States," Agrarian South: Journal of Political Economy, Centre for Agrarian Research and Education for South, vol. 4(1), pages 22-53, April.
- Oriana Gava & Fabio Bartolini & Francesca Venturi & Gianluca Brunori & Angela Zinnai & Alberto Pardossi, 2018. "A Reflection of the Use of the Life Cycle Assessment Tool for Agri-Food Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(1), pages 1-16, December.
- Fabio Bartolini & Gianluca Brunori, 2014. "Understanding linkages between common agricultural policy and High Nature Value (HNV) farmland provision: an empirical analysis in Tuscany Region," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-21, December.
- van Zanten, Boris T. & Zasada, Ingo & Koetse, Mark J. & Ungaro, Fabrizio & HÃ¤fner, Kati & Verburg, Peter H., 2016. "A comparative approach to assess the contribution of landscape features to aesthetic and recreational values in agricultural landscapes," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 87-98.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Reed, Mark S. & Moxey, Andrew & Prager, Katrin & Hanley, Nick & Skates, James & Bonn, Aletta & Evans, Chris D. & Glenk, Klaus & Thomson, Ken, 2014. "Improving the link between payments and the provision of ecosystem services in agri-environment schemes," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 9(C), pages 44-53.
- Reeson, Andrew F. & Rodriguez, Luis C. & Whitten, Stuart M. & Williams, Kristen & Nolles, Karel & Windle, Jill & Rolfe, John, 2011. "Adapting auctions for the provision of ecosystem services at the landscape scale," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(9), pages 1621-1627, July.
- Frans P. Vries & Nick Hanley, 2016.
"Incentive-Based Policy Design for Pollution Control and Biodiversity Conservation: A Review,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 63(4), pages 687-702, April.
- Frans P. de Vries & Nick Hanley, 2015. "Incentive-Based Policy Design for Pollution Control and Biodiversity Conservation:A Review," Discussion Papers in Environment and Development Economics 2015-21, University of St. Andrews, School of Geography and Sustainable Development.
- Matthews, Alan & Salvatici, Luca & Scoppola, Margherita, 2017. "Trade Impacts of Agricultural Support in the EU," Commissioned Papers 252767, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Chian Jones Ritten & Christopher Bastian & Jason F. Shogren & Thadchaigeni Panchalingam & Mariah D. Ehmke & Gregory Parkhurst, 2017. "Understanding Pollinator Habitat Conservation under Current Policy Using Economic Experiments," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(3), pages 1-13, August.
- David McEvoy & Michael Jones & Michael McKee & John Talberth, 2013. "Incentivizing Cooperative Agreements for Sustainable Forest Management: Experimental Tests of Alternative Structures and Institutional Rules," Working Papers 13-23, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Willemen, Louise & Drakou, Evangelia G. & Dunbar, Martha B. & Mayaux, Philippe & Egoh, Benis N., 2013. "Safeguarding ecosystem services and livelihoods: Understanding the impact of conservation strategies on benefit flows to society," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 4(C), pages 95-103.
- Campanhão, Ligia Maria Barrios & Ranieri, Victor Eduardo Lima, 2019. "Guideline framework for effective targeting of payments for watershed services," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 93-109.
- Laure Kuhfuss & Raphaële Préget & Sophie Thoyer & Frans P. de Vries & Nick Hanley, 2017. "Nudging Participation and Spatial Agglomeration in Payment for Environmental Service Schemes," Discussion Papers in Environment and Development Economics 2017-11, University of St. Andrews, School of Geography and Sustainable Development.
- Cooke, Benjamin & Moon, Katie, 2015. "Aligning ‘public good’ environmental stewardship with the landscape-scale: Adapting MBIs for private land conservation policy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 152-158.
- Calvet, Coralie & Le Coent, Philippe & Napoleone, Claude & Quétier, Fabien, 2019.
"Challenges of achieving biodiversity offset outcomes through agri-environmental schemes: Evidence from an empirical study in Southern France,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 113-125.
- Coralie Calvet & Philippe Le Coënt & Claude Napoleone & Fabien Quetier, 2017. "Challenges of achieving biodiversity offset outcomes through agri-environmental schemes: evidence from an empirical study in Southern France »," Working Papers 17-05, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier.
- Coralie Calvet & Philippe Le Coent & Claude Napoleone & Fabien Quétier, 2019. "Challenges of achieving biodiversity offset outcomes through agrienvironmental schemes: Evidence from an empirical study in Southern France," Post-Print hal-02154644, HAL.
- Levin, Gregor & Jepsen, Martin Rudbeck, 2010. "Abolition of set-aside schemes, associated impacts on habitat structure and modelling of potential effects of cross-farm regulation," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 221(22), pages 2728-2737.
- Gregory M. Parkhurst & Jason F. Shogren & Thomas Crocker, 2016.
"Tradable Set-Aside Requirements (TSARs): Conserving Spatially Dependent Environmental Amenities,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 63(4), pages 719-744, April.
- Parkhurst, Gregory M & Shogren, Jason F & Crocker, Thomas, 2011. "Tradable Set-Aside Requirements (TSARs): Conserving Spatially Dependent Environmental Amenities," MPRA Paper 34555, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cong, Rong-Gang & Smith, Henrik G. & Olsson, Ola & Brady, Mark, 2014. "Managing ecosystem services for agriculture: Will landscape-scale management pay?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 53-62.
- Schönhart, Martin & Schauppenlehner, Thomas & Schmid, Erwin & Muhar, Andreas, 2011. "Integration of bio-physical and economic models to analyze management intensity and landscape structure effects at farm and landscape level," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 122-134, February.
- Valle, Haydn & Capon, Timothy & Harris, Michael & Reeson, Andrew, 2012. "Coordination and Strategic Behaviour in Landscape Auctions," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Fremantle, Australia 124466, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Gregory Smith & Brett Day & Amy Binner, 2019. "Multiple-Purchaser Payments for Ecosystem Services: An Exploration Using Spatial Simulation Modelling," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 74(1), pages 421-447, September.
- McEvoy, David & Jones, Michael & McKee, Michael & Talberth, John, 2014. "Incentivizing cooperative agreements for sustainable forest management," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 34-41.
- Stallman, Heidi R., 2011. "Ecosystem services in agriculture: Determining suitability for provision by collective management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 131-139.
- Rotchés-Ribalta, Roser & Ó hUallacháin, Daire, 2018. "Agri-Environment Scheme design: the importance of landscape scale," 166th Seminar, August 30-31, 2018, Galway, West of Ireland 276204, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- Q24 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Land
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jenpmg:v:58:y:2015:i:12:p:2088-2112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CJEP20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.