Gender Disparity in Education and the International Competition for Foreign Direct Investment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Colander, 2005. "The Making of an Economist Redux," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, pages 175-198.
- Colander, David, 2003.
"The Aging of an Economist,"
Journal of the History of Economic Thought,
Cambridge University Press, pages 157-176.
- Kahn, Shulamit, 1993.
"Gender Differences in Academic Career Paths of Economists,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 52-56.
- Susan N. Houseman & Katharine G. Abraham, "undated". "Female Workers as a Buffer in the Japanese Economy," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles snhkga1993, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Donna K. Ginther & Shulamit Kahn, 2004. "Women in Economics: Moving Up or Falling Off the Academic Career Ladder?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(3), pages 193-214, Summer.
- Uri Gneezy & Muriel Niederle & Aldo Rustichini, 2003. "Performance in Competitive Environments: Gender Differences," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(3), pages 1049-1074.
- Uri Gneezy & Aldo Rustichini, 2004. "Gender and Competition at a Young Age," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 377-381.
- David Neumark & Rosella Gardecki, 1998.
"Women Helping Women? Role Model and Mentoring Effects on Female Ph.D. Students in Economics,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(1), pages 220-246.
- David Neumark & Rosella Gardecki, 1996. "Women Helping Women? Role-Model and Mentoring Effects on Female Ph.D. Student in Economics," NBER Working Papers 5733, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McDowell, John M & Smith, Janet Kiholm, 1992. "The Effect of Gender-Sorting on Propensity to Coauthor: Implications for Academic Promotion," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 30(1), pages 68-82, January.
- John M. McDowell & Larry D. Singell & Mark Stater, 2006. "Two to Tango? Gender Differences in the Decisions to Publish and Coauthor," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 44(1), pages 153-168, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kleemann, Linda & Nunnenkamp, Peter & Thiele, Rainer, 2014. "Gender inequality, female leadership, and aid allocation: A panel analysis of aid for education," WIDER Working Paper Series 010, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Niklas Potrafke & Heinrich Ursprung, 2011. "Globalization and Gender Equality in Developing Countries," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2011-33, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Stephanie Seguino, 2013. "From micro-level gender relations to the macro economy and back again," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research on Gender and Economic Life, chapter 20, pages 325-344 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Potrafke, Niklas & Ursprung, Heinrich W., 2012.
"Globalization and gender equality in the course of development,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 399-413.
- Potrafke, Niklas & Ursprung, Heinrich W., 2012. "Globalization and gender equality in the course of development," Munich Reprints in Economics 19305, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Niklas Potrafke & Heinrich Ursprung, 2012. "Globalization and gender equality in the course of development," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2012-07, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Michał Brzozowski, 2013. "Gender Equality as the Determinant of FDI Flows to Central European Countries," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 33.
- Peter Nunnenkamp, 2010. "How Global is Foreign Direct Investment and What Can Policymakers Do About It? Stylized Facts, Knowledge Gaps, and Selected Policy Instruments," Chapters,in: The Shape of the Division of Labour, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign direct investment; gender inequality; education; JEL Codes: F23; I21; J16;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:femeco:v:15:y:2009:i:3:p:61-90. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RFEC20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .