Competition and efficiency: overseas students and technical efficiency in Australian and New Zealand universities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kristof de Witte & Laura López-Torres, 2015. "Efficiency in Education. A Review of Literature and a Way Forward," Working Papers 1501, Departament Empresa, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, revised Apr 2015.
- Haelermans, Carla & De Witte, Kristof & Blank, Jos L.T., 2012. "On the allocation of resources for secondary schools," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 575-586.
- Agasisti, Tommaso & Barra, Cristian & Zotti, Roberto, 2016.
"Evaluating the efficiency of Italian public universities (2008–2011) in presence of (unobserved) heterogeneity,"
Socio-Economic Planning Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 47-58.
- Tommaso Agasisti & Cristian Barra & Roberto Zotti, 2015. "Evaluating the efficiency of Italian public universities (2008-2011) in presence of (unobserved) heterogeneity," Working papers 34, Società Italiana di Economia Pubblica.
- G. Thomas Sav, 2012. "Stochastic Cost Inefficiency Estimates and Rankings of Public and Private Research and Doctoral Granting Universities," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 2(3), pages 1-13, June.
- repec:hur:ijarbs:v:7:y:2017:i:3:p:440-457 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yaisawarng, Suthathip & Ng, Ying Chu, 2014. "The impact of higher education reform on research performance of Chinese universities," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 94-105.
- Thomas Bolli & Mehdi Farsi, 2015. "The dynamics of productivity in Swiss universities," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 21-38, August.
- Mehdi Rhaiem, 2017. "Measurement and determinants of academic research efficiency: a systematic review of the evidence," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 110(2), pages 581-615, February.
- Bolli, Thomas & Somogyi, Frank, 2011. "Do competitively acquired funds induce universities to increase productivity?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 136-147, February.
- Agasisti, Tommaso & Gralka, Sabine, 2017. "The transient and persistent efficiency of Italian and German universities: A stochastic frontier analysis," CEPIE Working Papers 14/17, Technische Universität Dresden, Center of Public and International Economics (CEPIE).
- Laureti, Tiziana & Secondi, Luca & Biggeri, Luigi, 2014. "Measuring the efficiency of teaching activities in Italian universities: An information theoretic approach," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 147-164.
- Fieger, Peter & Villano, Renato & Cooksey, Ray, 2015. "Efficiency of Australian TAFE and further education providers," MPRA Paper 64626, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tudor EDU & Iliuta Costel NEGRICEA, 2012. "Brand Positioning - A Marketing Resource and an Effective Tool for Small and Medium Enterprises," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 2(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Johnes, Jill, 2015. "Operational Research in education," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 243(3), pages 683-696.
- Gawellek, Bastian & Sunder, Marco, 2016. "The German excellence initiative and efficiency change among universities, 2001-2011," Working Papers 142, University of Leipzig, Faculty of Economics and Management Science.
- G. Thomas SAV, 2012. "Is The Production of Religious Knowledge Efficient? Managing Faith Related Postsecondary Institutions," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 2(1), pages 1-12, February.
- OMORUYI, Trevor Uyi & REMBIELAK, Grazyna & PARLINSKA, Agnieszka, 2014. "INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS CONTRIBUTION TO BUSINESS SCHOOLS IN THE UK HEIs," Review of Agricultural and Applied Economics (RAAE), Faculty of Economics and Management, Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra Provider-Homepage: http://www.roaae.org;Association of Agricultural Economists in Slovakia (APES), vol. 17(2).
- G. Sav, 2012. "Stochastic Cost Frontier and Inefficiency Estimates of Public and Private Universities: Does Government Matter?," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 18(2), pages 187-198, May.
- Fieger, Peter & Villano, Renato & Cooksey, Ray, 2015. "Two dimensional efficiency measurements in Australian TAFE Institutes," MPRA Paper 64625, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bergantino, Angela Stefania & Capozza, Claudia & Porcelli, Francesco, 2015.
"Hotelling competition and teaching efficiency of Italian university faculties. A semi-parametric analysis,"
62927, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Angela Stefania Bergantino & Claudia Capozza & Francesco Porcelli, 2015. "Hotelling competition and teaching efficiency of Italian university faculties. A semi-parametric analysis," Working papers 26, Società Italiana di Economia Pubblica.
- Gralka, Sabine, 2016. "Persistent inefficiency in the higher education sector: Evidence from Germany," CEPIE Working Papers 06/16, Technische Universität Dresden, Center of Public and International Economics (CEPIE).
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:18:y:2012:i:2:p:187-198 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bolli, Thomas & Olivares, Maria & Bonaccorsi, Andrea & Daraio, Cinzia & Aracil, Adela Garcia & Lepori, Benedetto, 2016. "The differential effects of competitive funding on the production frontier and the efficiency of universities," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 91-104.
- Zara Daghbashyan & Enrico Deiaco & Maureen McKelvey, 2014. "How and why does cost efficiency of universities differ across European countries? An explorative attempt using new microdata," Chapters,in: Knowledge, Diversity and Performance in European Higher Education, chapter 9, pages iii-iii Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
Keywordsefficiency; competition; overseas students; output distance education;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:edecon:v:17:y:2009:i:1:p:31-57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CEDE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.