Agricultural disaster payments in the southeastern US: do weather and climate variability matter?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Innes, 2003. "Crop Insurance in a Political Economy: An Alternative Perspective on Agricultural Policy," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(2), pages 318-335.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Manfredo, Mark R. & Sanders, Dwight R., 2004. "Pricing Weather Derivatives," Working Papers 28536, Arizona State University, Morrison School of Agribusiness and Resource Management.
- Jonathan C. Brooks & A. Colin Cameron & Colin A. Carter, 1998. "Political Action Committee Contributions and U.S. Congressional Voting on Sugar Legislation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(3), pages 441-454.
- Denis Nadolnyak & Dmitry Vedenov & James Novak, 2008. "Information Value of Climate-Based Yield Forecasts in Selecting Optimal Crop Insurance Coverage," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1248-1255.
- Vincent H. Smith & Barry K. Goodwin, 1995. "The Economics of Crop Insurance and Disaster Aid," Books, American Enterprise Institute, number 53374, July.
- Garrett, Thomas A. & Marsh, Thomas L. & Marshall, Maria I., 2006.
"Political allocation of US agriculture disaster payments in the 1990s,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 143-161, June.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Thomas L. Marsh & Maria I. Marshall, 2004. "Political allocation of U.S. agriculture disaster payments in the 1990s," Working Papers 2003-005, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Edward Miguel, 2005. "Poverty and Witch Killing," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 72(4), pages 1153-1172.
- Mario Miranda & Dmitry V. Vedenov, 2001. "Innovations in Agricultural and Natural Disaster Insurance," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 650-655.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chang, H.H., 2018. "Stigmatized versus Capitalization Effect on Farmland Prices - Application to the Agricultural Disaster Relief Program in Taiwan," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 276977, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:44:y:2012:i:33:p:4331-4342. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.