How international outsourcing drives up Eastern European wages
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Hartmut Egger & Peter Egger, 2001. "How International Outsourcing Drives up Eastern European Wages," WIFO Working Papers 142, WIFO.
References listed on IDEAS
- Egger, Hartmut & Falkinger, Josef, 2003. "The distributional effects of international outsourcing in a 2 x 2 production model," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 189-206, August.
- Deardorff, Alan V., 2001. "Fragmentation in simple trade models," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 121-137, July.
- Hartmut Egger & Peter Egger, 2000. "Outsourcing and skill-specific employment in a small economy: Austria and the fall of the Iron Curtain," Economics working papers 2000-24, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Feenstra, Robert C. & Hanson, Gordon H., 1997.
"Foreign direct investment and relative wages: Evidence from Mexico's maquiladoras,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3-4), pages 371-393, May.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, 1995. "Foreign Direct Investment and Relative Wages: Evidence from Mexico's Maquiladoras," NBER Working Papers 5122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Filip Abraham & Josef Konings, 1999. "Does the Opening of Central and Eastern Europe Threaten Employment in the West?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(4), pages 585-601, June.
- Hartmut Egger & Josef Falkinger, 2001. "A Complete Characterization of the Distributional Effects of International Outsourcing in the Heckscher-Ohlin Model," CESifo Working Paper Series 573, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kohler, Wilhelm, 2001. "A specific-factors view on outsourcing," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 31-53, March.
- repec:fth:michin:422 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kazunobu Hayakawa, 2014.
"Bilateral tariff rates in international trade: finished goods versus intermediate goods,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 353-370, September.
- Hayakawa, Kazunobu, 2011. "Bilateral tariff rates in international trade : finished goods versus intermediate goods," IDE Discussion Papers 304, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- repec:eee:reveco:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:535-544 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hecht, Veronika & Litzel, Nicole & Schäffler, Johannes, 2013. "The ReLOC project : method report for implementing a cross-border company survey in Germany and the Czech Republic," IAB-Forschungsbericht 201304, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Michael Moritz, 2011.
"Spatial effects of open borders on the Czech labour market,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 19(2), pages 305-331, April.
- Moritz, Michael, 2008. "Spatial effects of open borders on the Czech labour market," Discussion Papers 59, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- Michael Moritz, 2009. "Spatial Effects of Open Borders on the Czech Labour Market," WIFO Working Papers 345, WIFO.
- Moritz, Michael, 2008. "Spatial effects of open borders on the Czech labour market," IAB Discussion Paper 200830, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Aleksandra Parteka & Joanna Wolszczak-Derlacz, 2015.
"Integrated sectors - diversified earnings: the (missing) impact of offshoring on wages and wage convergence in the EU27,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 13(3), pages 325-350, September.
- Parteka, Aleksandra & Wolszczak-Derlacz, Joanna, 2013. "Integrated Sectors - Diversified Earnings: The (Missing) Impact of Offshoring on Wages and Wage Convergence in the EU27," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt3tm2935j, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Aleksandra Parteka & Joanna Wolszczak-Derlacz, 2014. "Integrated Sectors - Diversified Earnings: The (Missing) Impact Of Offshoring On Wages And Wage Convergence In The Eu27," GUT FME Working Paper Series A 24, Faculty of Management and Economics, Gdansk University of Technology, revised Oct 2014.
- Hongbo Cai & Xiangjun Zhang, 2011. "Off-shoring and labor productivity: Evidence from China," Frontiers of Economics in China, Springer;Higher Education Press, vol. 6(2), pages 271-289, June.
- Castellani, Davide & De Benedictis, Luca & Horgos, Daniel, 2013. "Can we really trust offshoring indices?," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 159-172.
- Fritz Breuss, 2010.
"Globalisation, EU enlargement and income distribution,"
International Journal of Public Policy,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(1/2), pages 16-34.
- Fritz Breuss, 2007. "Globalization, EU Enlargement and Income Distribution," WIFO Working Papers 296, WIFO.
- Fritz Breuss, 2007. "Globalization, EU Enlargement and Income Distribution," FIW Working Paper series 008, FIW.
- Horgos, Daniel, 2009.
"Labor market effects of international outsourcing: How measurement matters,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 611-623, October.
- Horgos, Daniel, 2007. "Labor Market Effects of International Outsourcing: How Measurement Matters," Working Paper 62/2007, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
- Daniel Horgos, 2007. "Labor Market Effects of International Outsourcing: How Measurement Matters," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 58, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Nils Braakmann & Alexander Vogel, 2011.
"How does economic integration influence employment and wages in border regions? The case of the EU enlargement 2004 and Germany’s eastern border,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 147(2), pages 303-323, June.
- Nils Braakmann & Alexander Vogel, 2009. "How does economic integration influence employment and wages in border regions? The case of the EU-enlargement 2004 and Germany’s eastern border," Working Paper Series in Economics 142, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Daniel Horgos & Lucia Tajoli, 2015.
"How Offshoring Can Affect the Industries’ Skill Composition,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(2), pages 1-28, May.
- Daniel Horgos & Lucia Tajoli, 2010. "How Offshoring Can Affect the Industries’ Skill Composition," Development Working Papers 296, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Alessia Lo Turco & Aleksandra Parteka, 2009. "The EU enlargement and domestic employment," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(3), pages 2202-2217.
- Nils Braakmann & Alexander Vogel, 2009. "The impact of the 2004 EU-enlargement on enterprise performance and exports of service enterprises in the German eastern border region," Working Paper Series in Economics 124, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Alessia Lo Turco & Aleksandra Parteka, 2011.
"The demand for skills and labour costs in partner countries,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 19(3), pages 611-637, July.
- Alessia LO TURCO & Aleksandra PARTEKA, 2010. "The Demand for Skills and the Labor Cost in Partner Countries: Evidence from the Enlarged EU," Working Papers 348, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Christian Bellak, 2004. "The Impact of Enlargement on the Race for FDI," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp086, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Alessia Lo Turco & Aleksandra Parteka, 2009. "Empirical investigation on labour market interactions in an enlarged Europe," Bank i Kredyt, Narodowy Bank Polski, vol. 40(1), pages 87-105.
More about this item
KeywordsC33; F14; F15; F16; F40;
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:weltar:v:138:y:2002:i:1:p:83-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.