Gender inequality and food security: lessons from the gender-responsive work of the International Food Policy Research Institute and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- United Nations UN, 2015. "The Millennium Development Goals Report 2015," Working Papers id:7097, eSocialSciences.
- Fischer, Elisabeth & Qaim, Matin, 2012. "Gender, Agricultural Commercialization, and Collective Action in Kenya," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 121229, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- United Nations UN, 2015. "Transforming our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development," Working Papers id:7559, eSocialSciences.
- Johnson, Nancy L. & Kovarik, Chiara & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth & Njuki, Jemimah & Quisumbing, Agnes, 2016.
"Gender, Assets, and Agricultural Development: Lessons from Eight Projects,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 295-311.
- Johnson, Nancy L. & Kovarik, Chiara & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth Suseela & Njuki, Jemimah & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2015. "Gender, assets, and agricultural development: Lessons from eight projects:," IFPRI discussion papers 1436, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Meinzen-Dick, Ruth & Quisumbing, Agnes & Behrman, Julia & Biermayr-Jenzano, Patricia & Wilde, Vicki & Noordeloos, Marco & Ragasa, Catherine & Beintema, Nienke, 2011. "Engendering agricultural research, development, and extension:," Research reports ruthmeinzen-dick, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Walker, Tom & Ryan, Jim & Kelley, Tim, 2010. "Impact Assessment of Policy-Oriented International Agricultural Research: Evidence and Insights from Case Studies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 1453-1461, October.
- Jessica Chu, 2011. "Gender and ‘Land Grabbing’ in Sub-Saharan Africa: Women's land rights and customary land tenure," Development, Palgrave Macmillan;Society for International Deveopment, vol. 54(1), pages 35-39, March.
- United Nations UN, 2015. "The Millennium Development Goals Report 2015," Working Papers id:7222, eSocialSciences.
- Fischer, Elisabeth & Qaim, Matin, 2012. "Gender, Agricultural Commercialization, and Collective Action in Kenya," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126659, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Menale Kassie & Jesper Stage & Hailemariam Teklewold & Olaf Erenstein, 2015. "Gendered food security in rural Malawi: why is women’s food security status lower?," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 7(6), pages 1299-1320, December.
- Cheryl Doss & Gale Summerfield & Dzodzi Tsikata, 2014. "Land, Gender, and Food Security," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Renkow, Mitch & Byerlee, Derek, 2010. "The impacts of CGIAR research: A review of recent evidence," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 391-402, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elizabeth Mkandawire & Melody Mentz-Coetzee & Margaret Najjingo Mangheni & Eleonora Barusi, 2021. "Enhancing the Glopan Food Systems Framework by Integrating Gender: Relevance for Women in African Agriculture," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(15), pages 1-21, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mason-D'Croz, Daniel & Sulser, Timothy B. & Wiebe, Keith & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Lowder, Sarah K. & Nin-Pratt, Alejandro & Willenbockel, Dirk & Robinson, Sherman & Zhu, Tingju & Cenacchi, Nicola & Duns, 2019. "Agricultural investments and hunger in Africa modeling potential contributions to SDG2 – Zero Hunger," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 38-53.
- Badrun Nessa Ahmed & Hermann Waibel, 2019. "The role of homestead fish ponds for household nutrition security in Bangladesh," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 11(4), pages 835-854, August.
- Hannah Gichungi & Beatrice Muriithi & Patrick Irungu & Gracious Diiro & John Busienei, 2021. "Effect of Technological Innovation on Gender Roles: The Case of Fruit Fly IPM Adoption on Women’s Decision-Making in Mango Production and Marketing in Kenya," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 33(3), pages 407-426, June.
- Jussi T. S. Heikkila, 2020.
"Classifying economics for the common good: Connecting sustainable development goals to JEL codes,"
- Heikkilä, Jussi, 2020. "Classifying Economics for the Common Good: Connecting Sustainable Development Goals to JEL Codes," MPRA Paper 99559, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cuenca-García, Eduardo & Sánchez, Angeles & Navarro-Pabsdorf, Margarita, 2019. "Assessing the performance of the least developed countries in terms of the Millennium Development Goals," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 54-66.
- Alvaro Mendez & David Patrick Houghton, 2020.
"Sustainable Banking: The Role of Multilateral Development Banks as Norm Entrepreneurs,"
Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-21, January.
- Mendez, Alvaro & Houghton, David Patrick, 2020. "Sustainable banking: the role of multilateral development banks as norm entrepreneurs," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 103227, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Sophie Theis & Nicole Lefore & Ruth Meinzen-Dick & Elizabeth Bryan, 2018. "What happens after technology adoption? Gendered aspects of small-scale irrigation technologies in Ethiopia, Ghana, and Tanzania," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 35(3), pages 671-684, September.
- Hannah Gichungi & Beatrice Muriithi & Patrick Irungu & Gracious Diiro & John Busienei, 0. "Effect of Technological Innovation on Gender Roles: The Case of Fruit Fly IPM Adoption on Women’s Decision-Making in Mango Production and Marketing in Kenya," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 0, pages 1-20.
- Kabunga, Nassul S. & Dubois, Thomas & Qaim, Matin, 2014.
"Impact of tissue culture banana technology on farm household income and food security in Kenya,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 25-34.
- Nassul S. Kabunga & Thomas Dubois & Matin Qaim, 2011. "Impact of Tissue Culture Banana Technology on Farm Household Income and Food Security in Kenya," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 89, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Kihiu, Evelyne Nyathira & Amuakwa-Mensah, Franklin, 2021. "Agricultural market access and dietary diversity in Kenya: Gender considerations towards improved household nutritional outcomes," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C).
- Scheiterle, Lilli & Birner, Regina, 2018. "Gender, knowledge and power: A case study of Market Queens in Ghana," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 274125, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Rashidul Alam Mahumud & Khorshed Alam & Andre M N Renzaho & Abdur Razzaque Sarker & Marufa Sultana & Nurnabi Sheikh & Lal B Rawal & Jeff Gow, 2019. "Changes in inequality of childhood morbidity in Bangladesh 1993-2014: A decomposition analysis," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 14(6), pages 1-19, June.
- Meemken, Eva-Marie & Qaim, Matin, 2017. "Can Private Food Standards Promote Gender Equality in the Small Farm Sector?," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258088, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Mario La Torre & Helen Chiappini (ed.), 2020. "Contemporary Issues in Sustainable Finance," Palgrave Studies in Impact Finance, Palgrave Macmillan, number 978-3-030-40248-8, November.
- Tahsin Mehdi, 2019. "Stochastic Dominance Approach to Measuring Child Development," Child Indicators Research, Springer;The International Society of Child Indicators (ISCI), vol. 12(5), pages 1567-1588, October.
- Akgün, İbrahim & Özkil, Altan & Gören, Selçuk, 2020. "A multimodal, multicommodity, and multiperiod planning problem for coal distribution to poor families," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 72(C).
- José Antonio Rodríguez Martín & Juan Dios Jiménez Aguilera & José Antonio Salinas Fernández & José María Martín Martín, 2016. "Millennium Development Goals 4 and 5: Progress in the Least Developed Countries of Asia," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 129(2), pages 489-504, November.
- Rao, Nitya, 2017. "Assets, Agency and Legitimacy: Towards a Relational Understanding of Gender Equality Policy and Practice," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 43-54.
- Subramaniam, Mega & Pang, Natalie & Morehouse, Shandra & Asgarali-Hoffman, S. Nisa, 2020. "Examining vulnerability in youth digital information practices scholarship: What are we missing or exhausting?," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 116(C).
- Kassie, Menale & Fisher, Monica & Muricho, Geoffrey & Diiro, Gracious, 2020. "Women’s empowerment boosts the gains in dietary diversity from agricultural technology adoption in rural Kenya," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C).
More about this item
KeywordsFood security; Gender inequality; International agricultural research and development; International food policy research institute; Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:ssefpa:v:9:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0718-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.