Tax mimicking among local governments: some evidence from Spanish municipalities
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 10 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10258/index.htm|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sylvie Charlot & Sonia Paty, 2010. "Do Agglomeration Forces Strengthen Tax Interactions?," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 47(5), pages 1099-1116, May.
- Edmark, Karin & Ågren, Hanna, 2006.
"Identifying Strategic Interactions in Swedish Local Income Tax Policies,"
Working Paper Series
2006:22, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Edmark, Karin & Ågren, Hanna, 2008. "Identifying strategic interactions in Swedish local income tax policies," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 849-857, May.
- Buettner, Thiess, 1999. "Local Capital Income Taxation and Competition for Capital: The Choice of the Tax Rate," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa180, European Regional Science Association.
- Sole Olle, Albert, 2003. "Electoral accountability and tax mimicking: the effects of electoral margins, coalition government, and ideology," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 685-713, November.
- Albert Solé Ollé, 2005.
"Expenditure spillovers and fiscal interactions: Empirical evidence from local governments in Spain,"
2005/3, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Sole-Olle, Albert, 2006. "Expenditure spillovers and fiscal interactions: Empirical evidence from local governments in Spain," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 32-53, January.
- Bev Dahlby, 1996. "Fiscal externalities and the design of intergovernmental grants," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 397-412, July.
- Florax, Raymond J. G. M. & Folmer, Hendrik & Rey, Sergio J., 2003.
"Specification searches in spatial econometrics: the relevance of Hendry's methodology,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 557-579, September.
- Raymond J.G.M. Florax & Hendrik Folmer & Sergio J. Rey, 2002. "Specification Searches in Spatial Econometrics: The Relevance of Hendry's Methodology," Urban/Regional 0202001, EconWPA.
- Brulhart, Marius & Jametti, Mario, 2006.
"Vertical versus horizontal tax externalities: An empirical test,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(10-11), pages 2027-2062, November.
- Brülhart, Marius & Jametti, Mario, 2004. "Vertical versus Horizontal Tax Externalities: An Empirical Test," CEPR Discussion Papers 4593, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marius Brülhart & Mario Jametti, 2004. "Vertical Versus Horizontal Tax Externalities: An Empirical Test," Department of Economics Working Papers 2004-14, McMaster University.
- Marius BRÜLHART & Mario JAMETTI, 2004. "Vertical Versus Horizontal Tax Externalities: An Empirical Test," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 04.11, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Jan K. Brueckner & Luz A. Saavedra, 2000.
"Do Local Governments Engage in Strategic Property-Tax Competition?,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
0357, Econometric Society.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Saavedra, Luz A., 2001. "Do Local Governments Engage in Strategic Property-Tax Competition?," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 54(n. 2), pages 203-30, June.
- Wilson, John Douglas, 1999. "Theories of Tax Competition," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 52(n. 2), pages 269-304, June.
- Heyndels, Bruno & Vuchelen, Jef, 1998. "Tax Mimicking Among Belgian Municipalities," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 51(n. 1), pages 89-101, March.
- Matthieu Leprince & Thierry Madiès & Sonia Paty, 2007.
"Business Tax Interactions Among Local Governments: An Empirical Analysis Of The French Case,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(3), pages 603-621.
- Matthieu Leprince & Thierry MadiÃ¨s & Sonia Paty, 2007. "Business tax interactions among local governments : an empirical analysis of the French case," Working Papers 250925, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France.
- Bernard Fingleton, 2001. "Equilibrium and Economic Growth: Spatial Econometric Models and Simulations," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 117-147.
- Núria Bosch & Albert Solé-Ollé, 2007.
"Yardstick competition and the political costs of raising taxes: An empirical analysis of Spanish municipalities,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 71-92, February.
- Núria Bosch & Albert Solé, 2004. "Yardstick competition and the political costs of raising taxes: An empirical analysis of Spanish municipalities," Working Papers 2004/5, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Federico Revelli, 2001. "Spatial patterns in local taxation: tax mimicking or error mimicking?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(9), pages 1101-1107.
- Craig Brett & Joris Pinkse, 2000. "The determinants of municipal tax rates in British Columbia," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(3), pages 695-714, August.
- Anselin, Luc & Bera, Anil K. & Florax, Raymond & Yoon, Mann J., 1996. "Simple diagnostic tests for spatial dependence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-104, February.
- Maarten Allers & J. Elhorst, 2005. "Tax Mimicking and Yardstick Competition Among Local Governments in the Netherlands," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 493-513, August.
- Masayoshi Hayashi & Robin Boadway, 2001. "An empirical analysis of intergovernmental tax interaction: the case of business income taxes in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(2), pages 481-503, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:portec:v:10:y:2011:i:2:p:149-164. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.