Characterizing the Shapley value in fixed-route traveling salesman problems with appointments
Starting from her home, a service provider visits several customers, following a predetermined route, and returns home after all customers are visited. The problem is to ?nd a fair allocation of the total cost of this tour among the customers served. A transferable-utility cooperative game can be associated with this cost allocation problem. We intro- duce a new class of games, which we refer as the fixed-route traveling salesman games with appointments. We characterize the Shapley Value in this class using a property which requires that sponsors do not bene?t from mergers, or splitting into a set of sponsors.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 41 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00182/index.htm |
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Youngsub Chun, 2011. "Consistency and monotonicity in sequencing problems," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 29-41, February.
- Derks, J. & Tijs, S.H., 2000. "On merge properties of the Shapley value," Other publications TiSEM f9a2d218-87e0-4dc7-af3f-a, School of Economics and Management.
- Chun, Youngsub, 2006. "A pessimistic approach to the queueing problem," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 171-181, March.
- Lehrer, E, 1988. "An Axiomatization of the Banzhaf Value," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 89-99.
- MANIQUET, François, .
"A characterization of the Shapley value in queueing problems,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1662, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Maniquet, Francois, 2003. "A characterization of the Shapley value in queueing problems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 90-103, March.
- Maniquet, F., 2000. "A Characterization of the Shapley Value in Queueing Problems," Papers 222, Notre-Dame de la Paix, Sciences Economiques et Sociales.
- Hart, Sergiu & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1989. "Potential, Value, and Consistency," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 589-614, May.
- Jean Derks & Jeroen Kuipers, 1997. "On the Core of Routing Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 193-205.
- Kar, Anirban, 2002. "Axiomatization of the Shapley Value on Minimum Cost Spanning Tree Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 265-277, February.
- Haller, Hans, 1994. "Collusion Properties of Values," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 261-81.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154221 is not listed on IDEAS
- Potters, J.A.M. & Curiel, I. & Tijs, S.H., 1992. "Traveling salesman games," Other publications TiSEM 0dd4cf3d-25fa-4179-80f6-6, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-86382 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jogath:v:41:y:2012:i:2:p:271-299. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.