Core concepts for share vectors
A value mapping for cooperative games with transferable utilities is a mapping that assigns to every game a set of vectors each representing a distribution of the payoffs. A value mapping is efficient if to every game it assigns a set of vectors which components all sum up to the worth that can be obtained by all players cooperating together. An approach to efficiently allocate the worth of the `grand coalition' is using share mappings which assign to every game a set of share vectors being vectors which components sum up to one. Every component of a share vector is the corresponding players' share in the total payoff that is to be distributed among the players. In this paper we discuss a class of share mappings containing the (Shapley) share-core, the Banzhaf share-core and the Large Banzhaf share-core, and provide characterizations of this class of share mappings.
Volume (Year): 18 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Note:||Received: 9 August 1999/Accepted: 25 April 2000|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00355/index.htm|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dragan, Irinel, 1996. "New mathematical properties of the Banzhaf value," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 451-463, December.
- Haller, Hans, 1994. "Collusion Properties of Values," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 261-81.
- Hart, Sergiu & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1989. "Potential, Value, and Consistency," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 589-614, May.
- van den Brink, J.R. & van der Laan, G., 1999. "Potentials and Reduced Games for Share Functions," Discussion Paper 1999-41, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gerard van der Laan & René van den Brink, 1998. "Axiomatization of a class of share functions for n-person games," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 117-148, April.
- Ichiishi, Tatsuro, 1981. "Super-modularity: Applications to convex games and to the greedy algorithm for LP," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 283-286, October.
- Lehrer, E, 1988. "An Axiomatization of the Banzhaf Value," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 89-99.
- Tadenuma, K, 1992. "Reduced Games, Consistency, and the Core," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 325-34.
- Peleg, B, 1986. "On the Reduced Game Property and Its Converse," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 187-200.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:sochwe:v:18:y:2001:i:4:p:759-784. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.