The Subjectivity Inherent in Objective Measures of Well-Being
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 9 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/1389-4978|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, 2013.
"Economic Consequences of Mispredicting Utility,"
SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research
564, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, 2004. "Economic Consequences of Mispredicting Utility," CREMA Working Paper Series 2005-04, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, 2008. "Economic Consequences of Mispredicting Utility," Working papers 2008/01, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Frey, Bruno S. & Stutzer, Alois, 2013. "Economic Consequences of Mispredicting Utility," IZA Discussion Papers 7430, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, . "Economic Consequences of Mispredicting Utility," IEW - Working Papers 218, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- R J Rogerson & A M Findlay & A S Morris & M G Coombes, 1989. "Indicators of quality of life: some methodological issues," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 21(12), pages 1655-1666, December.
- Klasen, Stephan, 1994. "Growth and Well-being: Introducing Distribution-Weighted Growth Rates to Reevaluate U.S. Post-war Economic Performance," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 40(3), pages 251-72, September.
- David I. Stern, 2012. "Ecological Economics," Crawford School Research Papers 1203, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Schor, Juliet B., 1991. "Global equity and environmental crisis: An argument for reducing working hours in the North," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 73-84, January.
- Csikszentmihalyi, Mihaly, 2000. " The Costs and Benefits of Consuming," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 267-72, September.
- Kjell Arne Brekke & Richard B. Howarth, 2000. "The Social Contingency of Wants," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(4), pages 493-503.
- Bill Dupor & Wen-Fang Liu, 2003. "Jealousy and Equilibrium Overconsumption," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 423-428, March.
- R J Rogerson & A M Findlay & A S Morris & M G Coombes, 1989. "Indicators of Quality of Life: Some Methodological Issues," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 21(12), pages 1655-1666, December.
- Kjell Brekke & Hilde Lurå & Karine Nyborg, 1996. "Allowing disagreement in evaluations of social welfare," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 63(3), pages 303-324, October.
- Howarth, Richard B., 1996. "Status effects and environmental externalities," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 25-34, January.
- Richard Eckersley, 2000. "The Mixed Blessings of Material Progress: Diminishing Returns in the Pursuit of Happiness," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 267-292, September.
- Sylvie Ferrari & Stéphane Genoud & Jean-Baptiste Lesourd, 2001. "Thermodynamics and economics: Towards exergy-based indicators of sustainable development," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 137(III), pages 319-336, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jhappi:v:9:y:2008:i:4:p:475-487. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.