The Subjectivity Inherent in Objective Measures of Well-Being
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 9 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/content/1389-4978|
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R J Rogerson & A M Findlay & A S Morris & M G Coombes, 1989. "Indicators of quality of life: some methodological issues," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 21(12), pages 1655-1666, December.
- Kjell Arne Brekke & Richard B. Howarth, 2000. "The Social Contingency of Wants," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 76(4), pages 493-503.
- Sylvie Ferrari & Stéphane Genoud & Jean-Baptiste Lesourd, 2001. "Thermodynamics and economics: Towards exergy-based indicators of sustainable development," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 137(III), pages 319-336, September.
- Klasen, Stephan, 1994. "Growth and Well-being: Introducing Distribution-Weighted Growth Rates to Reevaluate U.S. Post-war Economic Performance," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 40(3), pages 251-72, September.
- David I. Stern, 2012. "Ecological Economics," Crawford School Research Papers 1203, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Bill Dupor & Wen-Fang Liu, 2003. "Jealousy and Equilibrium Overconsumption," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 423-428, March.
- Richard Eckersley, 2000. "The Mixed Blessings of Material Progress: Diminishing Returns in the Pursuit of Happiness," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 267-292, September.
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, 2004.
"Economic Consequences of Mispredicting Utility,"
CREMA Working Paper Series
2005-04, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, 2008. "Economic Consequences of Mispredicting Utility," Working papers 2008/01, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Frey, Bruno S. & Stutzer, Alois, 2013. "Economic Consequences of Mispredicting Utility," IZA Discussion Papers 7430, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, . "Economic Consequences of Mispredicting Utility," IEW - Working Papers 218, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Alois Stutzer, 2013. "Economic Consequences of Mispredicting Utility," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 564, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Kjell Brekke & Hilde Lurå & Karine Nyborg, 1996. "Allowing disagreement in evaluations of social welfare," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 63(3), pages 303-324, October.
- Howarth, Richard B., 1996. "Status effects and environmental externalities," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 25-34, January.
- Schor, Juliet B., 1991. "Global equity and environmental crisis: An argument for reducing working hours in the North," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 73-84, January.
- Csikszentmihalyi, Mihaly, 2000. " The Costs and Benefits of Consuming," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(2), pages 267-72, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jhappi:v:9:y:2008:i:4:p:475-487. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.