The impact of the recession on the wealth of older immigrant and native households in the United States
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Libertad Gonzalez & Francesc Ortega, 2013.
"Immigration And Housing Booms: Evidence From Spain,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1), pages 37-59, February.
- Libertad Gonzalez & Francesc Ortega, 2009. "Immigration and Housing Booms: Evidence from Spain," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0919, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Gonzalez, Libertad & Ortega, Francesc, 2009. "Immigration and Housing Booms: Evidence from Spain," IZA Discussion Papers 4333, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Libertad González Luna & Francesc Ortega, 2009. "Immigration and housing booms: Evidence from Spain," Economics Working Papers 1167, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Saiz, Albert, 2007. "Immigration and housing rents in American cities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 345-371, March.
- Gopi Shah Goda & John B. Shoven & Sita Nataraj Slavov, 2011. "What Explains Changes in Retirement Plans during the Great Recession?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(3), pages 29-34, May.
- Edward N. Wolff, 2012. "The Asset Price Meltdown and the Wealth of the Middle Class," NBER Working Papers 18559, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Koenker, Roger, 2004. "Quantile regression for longitudinal data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 74-89, October.
- Barry P. Bosworth & Gary Burtless, 2010. "Recessions, Wealth Destruction, and the Timing of Retirement," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2010-21, Center for Retirement Research, revised Dec 2010.
- Jesse Bricker & Brian K. Bucks & Arthur Kennickell & Traci L. Mach & Kevin Moore, 2011. "Drowning or Weathering the Storm? Changes in Family Finances from 2007 to 2009," NBER Working Papers 16985, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deborah A. Cobb-Clark & Vincent A. Hildebrand, 2009. "The Asset Portfolios of Native-born and Foreign-born Australian Households," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 85(268), pages 46-59, March.
- Mathä, Thomas Y. & Porpiglia, Alessandro & Sierminska, Eva, 2011.
"The immigrant/native wealth gap in Germany, Italy and Luxembourg,"
Working Paper Series
1302, European Central Bank.
- Thomas Y. Mathä & Alessandro Porpiglia & Eva Sierminska, 2011. "The Immigrant/Native Wealth Gap in Germany, Italy and Luxembourg," BCL working papers 57, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Crawford, Rowena, 2013. "The effect of the financial crisis on the retirement plans of older workers in England," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 156-159.
- Purvi Sevak & Lucie Schmidt, 2007. "How do Immigrants Fare in Retirement?," Working Papers wp169, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Brooke Helppie McFall, 2011. "Crash and Wait? The Impact of the Great Recession on the Retirement Plans of Older Americans," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(3), pages 40-44, May.
- Alan L. Gustman & Thomas L. Steinmeier & Nahid Tabatabai, 2010.
"What the Stock Market Decline Means for the Financial Security and Retirement Choices of the Near-Retirement Population,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 24(1), pages 161-182, Winter.
- Alan L. Gustman & Thomas L. Steinmeier & Nahid Tabatabai, 2009. "What the Stock Market Decline Means for the Financial Security and Retirement Choices of the Near-Retirement Population," NBER Working Papers 15435, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beverley Searle, 2011. "Recession and housing wealth," Journal of Financial Economic Policy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(1), pages 33-48, April.
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Susan Pozo, 2002. "Precautionary Saving by Young Immigrants and Young Natives," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 48-71, July.
- Barry Bosworth, 2012. "Economic Consequences of the Great Recession: Evidence from the Panel Study of Income Dynamics," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2012-4, Center for Retirement Research, revised Feb 2012.
- Dustmann, Christian, 1997. "Return migration, uncertainty and precautionary savings," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 295-316, April.
- Courtney C. Coile & Phillip B. Levine, 2011. "Recessions, Retirement, and Social Security," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(3), pages 23-28, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Graziella Bertocchi & Marianna Brunetti & Anzelika Zaiceva, 2018.
"The Financial Decisions of Immigrant and Native Households: Evidence from Italy,"
Centro Studi di Banca e Finanza (CEFIN) (Center for Studies in Banking and Finance)
0073, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Bertocchi, Graziella & Brunetti, Marianna & Zaiceva, Anzelika, 2018. "The Financial Decisions of Immigrant and Native Households: Evidence from Italy," GLO Discussion Paper Series 280, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Bertocchi, Graziella & Brunetti, Marianna & Zaiceva, Anzelika, 2018. "The Financial Decisions of Immigrant and Native Households: Evidence from Italy," CEPR Discussion Papers 13339, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:bpj:bejeap:v:17:y:2017:i:2:p:21:n:6 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsGreat recession; Wealth; Older households; Immigrants; Natives;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:izalpo:v:4:y:2015:i:1:p:1-27:10.1186/s40173-015-0033-x. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.