What Explains Changes in Retirement Plans during the Great Recession?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael D. Hurd & Monika Reti & Susann Rohwedder, 2009. "The Effect of Large Capital Gains or Losses on Retirement," NBER Chapters,in: Developments in the Economics of Aging, pages 127-163 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan L. Gustman & Thomas L. Steinmeier & Nahid Tabatabai, 2009. "How Do Pension Changes Affect Retirement Preparedness? The Trend to Defined Contribution Plans and the Vulnerability of the Retirement Age Population to the Stock Market Decline of 2008-2009," Working Papers wp206, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gopi Shah Goda & John B. Shoven & Sita Nataraj Slavov, 2012.
"Does Stock Market Performance Influence Retirement Intentions?,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 47(4), pages 1055-1081.
- Gopi Shah Goda & John B. Shoven & Sita Nataraj Slavov, 2010. "Does Stock Market Performance Influence Retirement Intentions?," NBER Working Papers 16211, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Le Blanc, Julia & Scholl, Almuth, 2017.
"Optimal Savings For Retirement: The Role Of Individual Accounts,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(06), pages 1361-1388, September.
- Julia Le Blanc & Almuth Scholl, 2015. "Optimal Savings for Retirement: The Role of Individual Accounts," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2015-10, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Paul Marmora & Moritz Ritter, 2015.
"Unemployment and the Retirement Decisions of Older Workers,"
Journal of Labor Research,
Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 274-290, September.
- Paul Marmora & Moritz Ritter, 2014. "Unemployment and the Retirement Decisions of Older Workers," DETU Working Papers 1401, Department of Economics, Temple University.
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Susan Pozo, 2015. "The impact of the recession on the wealth of older immigrant and native households in the United States," IZA Journal of Labor Policy, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-27, December.
- Kathleen G. Arano & Carl D. Parker, 2016. "The great recession and changes in faculty expected retirement age," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 40(1), pages 127-136, January.
- Shai Bernstein & Timothy McQuade & Richard R. Townsend, 2017. "Does Economic Insecurity Affect Employee Innovation?," NBER Working Papers 24011, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andreas Eder, 2016. "The impact of inheritances on the retirement behavior of older Europeans," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 43(2), pages 299-331, May.
- Le Blanc, Julia & Scholl, Almuth, 2011. "Optimal savings for retirement: The role of individual accounts and disaster expectations," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2011,33, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- repec:eme:ijmpps:ijm-02-2016-0041 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicolas Sirven & Thomas Barnay, 2017.
"Expectations, loss aversion and retirement decisions in the context of the 2009 crisis in Europe,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(1), pages 25-44, April.
- Nicolas Sirven & Thomas Barnay, 2016. "Expectations, Loss Aversion, And Retirement Decisions In The Context Of The 2009 Crisis In Europe," Working Papers halshs-01374462, HAL.
- Nicolas Sirven & Thomas Barnay, 2016. "Expectations, Loss Aversion, And Retirement Decisions In The Context Of The 2009 Crisis In Europe," TEPP Working Paper 2016-04, TEPP.
- repec:bpj:bejeap:v:17:y:2017:i:2:p:21:n:6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Crawford, Rowena, 2013. "The effect of the financial crisis on the retirement plans of older workers in England," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 156-159.
- repec:red:issued:15-42 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fernando Rios-Avila, 2015. "Losing Ground: Demographic Trends in US Labor Force Participation," Economics Policy Note Archive 15-7, Levy Economics Institute.
- Courtney Coile, 2015. "Recessions and Retirement: How Stock and Labor Market Fluctuations Affect Older Workers," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 13(2), pages 03-07, 08.
- Fernando Rios-Avila & Julie L. Hotchkiss, 2014. "A Decade of Flat Wages?," Economics Policy Note Archive 14-4, Levy Economics Institute.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:101:y:2011:i:3:p:29-34. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.