Entrepreneur location decisions across industries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Parker, Simon C, 1996. "A Time Series Model of Self-Employment under Uncertainty," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 63(251), pages 459-475, August.
- David North & David Smallbone, 1995. "The Employment Generation Potential of Mature SMEs in Different Geographical Environments," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 32(9), pages 1517-1536, November.
- C. Michael Wernerheim & Christopher Sharpe, 2003. ""High Order' Producer Services in Metropolitan Canada: How Footloose Are They?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(5), pages 469-490.
- Kirchhoff, Bruce A. & Phillips, Bruce D., 1988. "The effect of firm formation and growth on job creation in the United States," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 261-272.
- JoÃ£o J. Ferreira & Carla S. Marques & Cristina Fernandes, 2010. "Decision-Making for Location of New Knowledge Intensive Businesses on ICT Sector: Portuguese Evidences," International Journal of E-Entrepreneurship and Innovation (IJEEI), IGI Global, vol. 1(1), pages 60-82, January.
- C. Praag & Peter Versloot, 2007.
"What is the value of entrepreneurship? A review of recent research,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 351-382, December.
- van Praag, Mirjam C. & Versloot, Peter H., 2007. "What Is the Value of Entrepreneurship? A Review of Recent Research," IZA Discussion Papers 3014, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- C. Mirjam van Praag & Peter H. Versloot, 2007. "What is the Value of Entrepreneurship? A Review of Recent Research," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-066/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- C. Mirjam van Praag & Peter H. Versloot, 2007. "What is the Value of Entrepreneurship? A Review of Recent Research," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-061, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- David Audretsch, 2009. "The entrepreneurial society," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 245-254, June.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1979. "A General Equilibrium Entrepreneurial Theory of Firm Formation Based on Risk Aversion," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 719-748, August.
- Audretsch, David B. & Lehmann, Erik E. & Warning, Susanne, 2005.
"University spillovers and new firm location,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1113-1122, September.
- David B. Audretsch & Erik E. Lehmann & Susanne Warning, 2004. "University Spillovers and New Firm Location," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-02, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- David Audretsch & Michael Fritsch, 2002. "Growth Regimes over Time and Space," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 113-124.
- C. Autant-Bernard & V. Mangematin & N. Massard, 2006. "Creation of Biotech SMEs in France," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 173-187, March.
- C. Autant-Bernard & V. Mangematin & N. Massard, 2006.
"Creation of Biotech SMEs in France,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 173-187, March.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard & Vincent Mangematin & Nadine Massard, 2006. "Creation of biotech SMEs in France," Post-Print halshs-00115413, HAL.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard & Vincent Mangematin & Nadine Massard, 2006. "Creation of Biotech SMEs in France," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00424337, HAL.
- Holl, Adelheid, 2004. "Manufacturing location and impacts of road transport infrastructure: empirical evidence from Spain," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 341-363, May.
- Krugman, Paul, 1981. "Trade, accumulation, and uneven development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 149-161, April.
- Wennekers, Sander & Thurik, Roy, 1999. "Linking Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 27-55, August.
- Figueiredo, Octavio & Guimaraes, Paulo & Woodward, Douglas, 2002. "Home-field advantage: location decisions of Portuguese entrepreneurs," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 341-361, September.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Hansen, Eric R., 1987. "Industrial location choice in Sao Paulo, Brazil : A nested logit model," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 89-108, February.
- Robert E. Lucas Jr., 1978. "On the Size Distribution of Business Firms," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(2), pages 508-523, Autumn.
- Jurgen Egeln & Sandra Gottschalk & Christian Rammer, 2004. "Location Decisions of Spin-offs from Public Research Institutions," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 207-223.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bennett, Daniel L., 2019. "Infrastructure investments and entrepreneurial dynamism in the U.S," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1-1.
- João Ricardo Faria, 2016. "Location Clusters, FDI and Local Entrepreneurs: Consistent Public Policy," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 7(4), pages 858-868, December.
- Sean Kruger & Adriana Aletta Steyn, 2020. "Enhancing technology transfer through entrepreneurial development: practices from innovation spaces," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 45(6), pages 1655-1689, December.
- Olga Porro & Francesc Pardo-Bosch & Núria Agell & Mónica Sánchez, 2020. "Understanding Location Decisions of Energy Multinational Enterprises within the European Smart Cities’ Context: An Integrated AHP and Extended Fuzzy Linguistic TOPSIS Method," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(10), pages 1-1, May.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship; Location decisions; Rural vs urban;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:intemj:v:12:y:2016:i:4:d:10.1007_s11365-015-0370-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.