International energy lending: who funds fossil fuels, who funds energy access for the poor?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Unruh, Gregory C. & Carrillo-Hermosilla, Javier, 2006. "Globalizing carbon lock-in," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1185-1197, July.
- Unruh, Gregory C., 2002. "Escaping carbon lock-in," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 317-325, March.
- Taryn Dinkelman, 2011. "The Effects of Rural Electrification on Employment: New Evidence from South Africa," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(7), pages 3078-3108, December.
- Kanagawa, Makoto & Nakata, Toshihiko, 2007. "Analysis of the energy access improvement and its socio-economic impacts in rural areas of developing countries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 319-329, April.
- Unruh, Gregory C., 2000. "Understanding carbon lock-in," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 817-830, October.
- Chakrabarti, Snigdha & Chakrabarti, Subhendu, 2002. "Rural electrification programme with solar energy in remote region-a case study in an island," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 33-42, January.
- Winkler, Harald & Simões, André Felipe & Rovere, Emilio Lèbre la & Alam, Mozaharul & Rahman, Atiq & Mwakasonda, Stanford, 2011. "Access and Affordability of Electricity in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 1037-1050, June.
- Fox, Jonathan A & Brown, L. David, 1998. ""Introduction", in The Struggle for Accountability: The World Bank, NGOs and Grassroots Movements," Center for Global, International and Regional Studies, Working Paper Series qt2gn108dn, Center for Global, International and Regional Studies, UC Santa Cruz.
- Srivastava, Leena & Rehman, I.H., 2006. "Energy for sustainable development in India: Linkages and strategic direction," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 643-654, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sung Eun Kim & Johannes Urpelainen, 2016. "Multilateral energy lending and urban bias in autocracies: promoting fossil fuels," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 167-190, February.
- Amankwah-Amoah, Joseph & Sarpong, David, 2016. "Historical pathways to a green economy: The evolution and scaling-up of solar PV in Ghana, 1980–2010," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 90-101.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational organizations; Energy policy; Fossil fuels; Clean energy; Development assistance; World Bank;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:ieaple:v:13:y:2013:i:4:p:411-423. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .