Access and Affordability of Electricity in Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Spalding-Fecher, Randall & Winkler, Harald & Mwakasonda, Stanford, 2005. "Energy and the World Summit on Sustainable Development: what next?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 99-112, January.
- Spalding-Fecher, Randall & Matibe, David Khorommbi, 2003. "Electricity and externalities in South Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 721-734, June.
- Gaunt, C. T., 2005. "Meeting electrification's social objectives in South Africa, and implications for developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1309-1317, July.
- Howells, M. I. & Alfstad, T. & Victor, D. G. & Goldstein, G. & Remme, U., 2005. "A model of household energy services in a low-income rural African village," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(14), pages 1833-1851, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sung Kim & Johannes Urpelainen, 2013. "International energy lending: who funds fossil fuels, who funds energy access for the poor?," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 411-423, November.
- Never, Babette, 2015. "Social norms, trust and control of power theft in Uganda: Does bulk metering work for MSEs?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 197-206.
- John Foster & Liam Wagner & Liam Byrnes, 2014. "A Review of Distributed Generation for Rural and Remote Area Electrification," Energy Economics and Management Group Working Papers 3-2014, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Mahumane, Gilberto & Mulder, Peter, 2015. "Introducing MOZLEAP: an integrated long-run scenario model of the emerging energy sector of Mozambique," MPRA Paper 65967, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rao, Narasimha D., 2013. "Distributional impacts of climate change mitigation in Indian electricity: The influence of governance," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1344-1356.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:97:y:2017:i:c:p:14-26 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lenz, Luciane & Munyehirwe, Anicet & Peters, Jörg & Sievert, Maximiliane, 2017.
"Does Large-Scale Infrastructure Investment Alleviate Poverty? Impacts of Rwanda’s Electricity Access Roll-Out Program,"
Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 88-110.
- Lenz, Luciane & Munyehirwe, Anicet & Peters, Jörg & Sievert, Maximiliane, 2015. "Does Large Scale Infrastructure Investment Alleviate Poverty? Impacts of Rwanda's Electricity Access Roll-Out Program," Ruhr Economic Papers 555, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Rohan Best & Paul J. Burke, 2017.
"The Importance of Government Effectiveness for Transitions toward Greater Electrification in Developing Countries,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(9), pages 1-17, August.
- Rohan Best & Paul J Burke, 2017. "The importance of government effectiveness for transitions toward greater electrification in developing countries," Departmental Working Papers 2017-11, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Raha, Debadayita & Mahanta, Pinakeswar & Clarke, Michèle L., 2014. "The implementation of decentralised biogas plants in Assam, NE India: The impact and effectiveness of the National Biogas and Manure Management Programme," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 80-91.
- Byrnes, Liam & Brown, Colin & Wagner, Liam & Foster, John, 2016.
"Reviewing the viability of renewable energy in community electrification: The case of remote Western Australian communities,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews,
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 470-481.
- Byrnes, Liam & Brown, Colin & Wagner, Liam & Foster, John, 2015. "Reviewing the Viability of Renewable Energy in Community Electrification: The Case of Remote Western Australian Communities," MPRA Paper 61929, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:278-287 is not listed on IDEAS
- Williams, Nathaniel J. & Jaramillo, Paulina & Taneja, Jay & Ustun, Taha Selim, 2015. "Enabling private sector investment in microgrid-based rural electrification in developing countries: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1268-1281.
- Coelho, Suani T. & Goldemberg, José, 2013. "Energy access: Lessons learned in Brazil and perspectives for replication in other developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1088-1096.
- Rahman, Md. Mizanur & Paatero, Jukka V. & Poudyal, Aditya & Lahdelma, Risto, 2013. "Driving and hindering factors for rural electrification in developing countries: Lessons from Bangladesh," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 840-851.
- Heshmati, Almas, 2012. "Survey of Models on Demand, Customer Base-Line and Demand Response and Their Relationships in the Power Market," IZA Discussion Papers 6637, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Riley, Paul H., 2014. "Affordability for sustainable energy development products," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 308-316.
- Obermaier, Martin & Szklo, Alexandre & La Rovere, Emilio Lèbre & Pinguelli Rosa, Luiz, 2012. "An assessment of electricity and income distributional trends following rural electrification in poor northeast Brazil," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 531-540.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) & Asian Development Bank (ADB) & Asian Development Bank (ADB) & Asian Development Bank (ADB), 2015. "Sustainable Energy Access Planning: A Framework," ADB Reports RPT157062-2, Asian Development Bank (ADB).
- Sarah Feron, 2016. "Sustainability of Off-Grid Photovoltaic Systems for Rural Electrification in Developing Countries: A Review," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-26, December.
- Comello, Stephen D. & Reichelstein, Stefan J. & Sahoo, Anshuman & Schmidt, Tobias S., 2017. "Enabling Mini-Grid Development in Rural India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 94-107.
- Tom Harris & Mark Collinson & Martin Wittenberg, 2016. "Aiming for a moving target: The dynamics of household electricity access in a developing context," SALDRU Working Papers 195, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
More about this item
Keywordsaccess affordability electricity Bangladesh Brazil South Africa;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:39:y:2011:i:6:p:1037-1050. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .