Historical pathways to a green economy: The evolution and scaling-up of solar PV in Ghana, 1980–2010
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tigabu, Aschalew D. & Berkhout, Frans & van Beukering, Pieter, 2015. "Technology innovation systems and technology diffusion: Adoption of bio-digestion in an emerging innovation system in Rwanda," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 90(PA), pages 318-330.
- Sung Kim & Johannes Urpelainen, 2013. "International energy lending: who funds fossil fuels, who funds energy access for the poor?," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 411-423, November.
- Andrea Masini & Emanuela Menichetti, 2013. "Investment decisions in the renewable energy sector: An analysis of non-financial drivers," Post-Print hal-00796331, HAL.
- Amankwah-Amoah, Joseph, 2015. "Solar energy in sub-Saharan Africa: The challenges and opportunities of technological leapfrogging," MPRA Paper 88627, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrea Masini & Emanuela Menichetti, 2013. "Investment Decisions in the Renewable Energy Sector: An Analysis of Non-Financial Drivers," Working Papers hal-01947453, HAL.
- Masini, Andrea & Menichetti , Emanuela, 2013. "Investment Decisions in the Renewable Energy Sector: An Analysis of Non-Financial Drivers," HEC Research Papers Series 976, HEC Paris.
- Travis Bradford, 2006. "Solar Revolution: The Economic Transformation of the Global Energy Industry," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026202604x, December.
- P. Gyau-Boakye, 2001. "Environmental Impacts of the Akosombo Dam and Effects of Climate Change on the Lake Levels," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 17-29, March.
- Bawakyillenuo, Simon, 2012. "Deconstructing the dichotomies of solar photovoltaic (PV) dissemination trajectories in Ghana, Kenya and Zimbabwe from the 1960s to 2007," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 410-421.
- Turkson, J. K., 1990. "Planning for the energy sector in Ghana Emerging trends and experiences," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(8), pages 702-710, October.
- Duan, Hong-Bo & Zhu, Lei & Fan, Ying, 2014. "A cross-country study on the relationship between diffusion of wind and photovoltaic solar technology," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 156-169.
- Masini, Andrea & Menichetti, Emanuela, 2013. "Investment decisions in the renewable energy sector: An analysis of non-financial drivers," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 510-524.
- Obeng, George Yaw & Evers, Hans-Dieter, 2009. "Solar PV rural electrification and energy-poverty: A review and conceptual framework with reference to Ghana," MPRA Paper 17136, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brew-Hammond, Abeeku, 2010. "Energy access in Africa: Challenges ahead," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2291-2301, May.
- Geoffrey Jones & Tarun Khanna, 2006. "Bringing history (back) into international business," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(4), pages 453-468, July.
- Richard Brahm, 1995. "National targeting policies, high‐technology industries, and excessive competition," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(S1), pages 71-91.
- World Bank, 2008. "Global Economic Prospects 2008 : Technology Diffusion in the Developing World," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 6335, December.
- Tigabu, Aschalew Demeke & Berkhout, Frans & van Beukering, Pieter, 2015. "The diffusion of a renewable energy technology and innovation system functioning: Comparing bio-digestion in Kenya and Rwanda," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 90(PA), pages 331-345.
- Chris Freeman & Luc Soete, 1997. "The Economics of Industrial Innovation, 3rd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 3, volume 1, number 0262061953, December.
- Adanu, Komla Godfrey, 1991. "Photovoltaic electricity in Ghana—current use and potential for the future," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 1(5), pages 823-826.
- Binz, Christian & Truffer, Bernhard & Li, Li & Shi, Yajuan & Lu, Yonglong, 2012. "Conceptualizing leapfrogging with spatially coupled innovation systems: The case of onsite wastewater treatment in China," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 155-171.
- Moses Acquaah, 2007. "Managerial social capital, strategic orientation, and organizational performance in an emerging economy," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(12), pages 1235-1255, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Zhu, Lin & Cunningham, Scott W., 2022. "Unveiling the knowledge structure of technological forecasting and social change (1969–2020) through an NMF-based hierarchical topic model," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 174(C).
- Tongyu Meng & Jamie Newth & Christine Woods, 2022. "Ethical Sensemaking in Impact Investing: Reasons and Motives in the Chinese Renewable Energy Sector," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 179(4), pages 1091-1117, September.
- Monasterolo, Irene & de Angelis, Luca, 2020. "Blind to carbon risk? An analysis of stock market reaction to the Paris Agreement," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 170(C).
- Joshua Sunday Riti & Deyong Song & Yang Shu & Miriam Kamah & Agya Adi Atabani, 2018. "Does renewable energy ensure environmental quality in favour of economic growth? Empirical evidence from China’s renewable development," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 52(5), pages 2007-2030, September.
- Ackermann, Simon & Szabo, Andrei & Bamberger, Joachim & Steinke, Florian, 2022. "Design and optimization of performance guarantees for hybrid power plants," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 239(PA).
- Semmler, Willi & Di Bartolomeo, Giovanni & Minooei Fard, Behnaz & Braga, Joao Paulo, 2022.
"Limit pricing and entry game of renewable energy firms into the energy sector,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 179-190.
- Willi Semmler & Giovanni Di Bartolomeo & Behnaz Minooei Fard & Joao Paulo Braga, 2021. "Limit Pricing and Entry Game of Renewable Energy Firms into the Energy Sector," Working Papers in Public Economics 200, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Economics and Law.
- Semmler Willi & Di Bartolomeo Giovanni & Fard Behnaz Minooei & Braga Joao Paulo, 2022. "Limit Pricing and Entry Game of Renewable Energy Firms into the Energy Sector," wp.comunite 00158, Department of Communication, University of Teramo.
- Radulescu, Doina & Sulger, Philippe, 2022. "Interdependencies between countries in the provision of energy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C).
- Mazzucato, Mariana & Semieniuk, Gregor, 2018.
"Financing renewable energy: Who is financing what and why it matters,"
Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 8-22.
- Mariana Mazzucato & Gregor Semieniuk, 2016. "Financing Renewable Energy: Who is Financing What and Why it Matters," SPRU Working Paper Series 2016-12, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Michaela Makešová & Michaela Valentová, 2021. "The Concept of Multiple Impacts of Renewable Energy Sources: A Critical Review," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(11), pages 1-21, May.
- Albino, Vito & Ardito, Lorenzo & Dangelico, Rosa Maria & Messeni Petruzzelli, Antonio, 2014. "Understanding the development trends of low-carbon energy technologies: A patent analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 836-854.
- Bertsch, Valentin & Di Cosmo, Valeria, 2018.
"Are Renewables Profitable in 2030? A Comparison between Wind and Solar across Europe,"
ESP: Energy Scenarios and Policy
276178, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Valentin Bertsch & Valeria Di Cosmo, 2018. "Are Renewables Profitable in 2030? A Comparison between Wind and Solar across Europe," Working Papers 2018.28, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Evangelia Karasmanaki & Spyridon Galatsidas & Georgios Tsantopoulos, 2019. "An Investigation of Factors Affecting the Willingness to Invest in Renewables among Environmental Students: A Logistic Regression Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(18), pages 1-18, September.
- Kathleen M. Saul & John H. Perkins, 2022. "A new framework for environmental education about energy transition: investment and the energy regulatory and industrial complex," Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, Springer;Association of Environmental Studies and Sciences, vol. 12(1), pages 149-163, March.
- Kveselis, Vaclovas & Dzenajavičienė, Eugenija Farida & Masaitis, Sigitas, 2017. "Analysis of energy development sustainability: The example of the lithuanian district heating sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 227-236.
- Escoffier, Margaux & Hache, Emmanuel & Mignon, Valérie & Paris, Anthony, 2021.
"Determinants of solar photovoltaic deployment in the electricity mix: Do oil prices really matter?,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(C).
- Margaux ESCOFFIER & Emmanuel HACHE & Valérie MIGNON & Anthony PARIS, 2019. "Determinants of solar photovoltaic deployment in the electricity mix: Do oil prices really matter?," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 2729, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Valérie Mignon & Margaux Escoffier & Anthony Paris & Emmanuel Hache, 2021. "Determinants of solar photovoltaic deployment in the electricity mix: Do oil prices really matter?," Post-Print hal-02995105, HAL.
- Margaux Escoffier & Emmanuel Hache & Valérie Mignon & Anthony Paris, 2021. "Determinants of solar photovoltaic deployment in the electricity mix : Do oil prices really matter?," Post-Print hal-03339134, HAL.
- Overholm, Harald, 2015. "Spreading the rooftop revolution: What policies enable solar-as-a-service?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 69-79.
- Faissal Jelti & Amine Allouhi & Mahmut Sami Büker & Rachid Saadani & Abdelmajid Jamil, 2021. "Renewable Power Generation: A Supply Chain Perspective," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(3), pages 1-22, January.
- Blankenberg, Ann-Kathrin & Gottschalk, Jonas F. A., 2018. "Is socially responsible investing (SRI) in stocks a competitive capital investment? A comparative analysis based on the performance of sustainable stocks," University of Göttingen Working Papers in Economics 349, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Arkadiusz J. Derkacz & Agnieszka Dudziak, 2021. "Savings and Investment Decisions in the Polish Energy Sector," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(2), pages 1-13, January.
- Tang, Ou & Rehme, Jakob & Cerin, Pontus & Huisingh, Donald, 2021. "Hydrogen production in the Swedish power sector: Considering operational volatilities and long-term uncertainties," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 148(PB).
More about this item
KeywordsGhana; Scaling-up; Government policy; Solar photovoltaic (PV);
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:tefoso:v:102:y:2016:i:c:p:90-101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00401625 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00401625 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.