Adoption and farm-level impact of conservation agriculture in Central Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mazvimavi, Kizito & Twomlow, Steve, 2009. "Socioeconomic and institutional factors influencing adoption of conservation farming by vulnerable households in Zimbabwe," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 101(1-2), pages 20-29, June.
- Guido W. Imbens & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2009.
"Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation,"
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 47(1), pages 5-86, March.
- Guido M. Imbens & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2008. "Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 14251, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M. & Imbens, Guido, 2009. "Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation," Scholarly Articles 3043416, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Guido Imbens & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2008. "Recent developments in the econometrics of program evaluation," CeMMAP working papers CWP24/08, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Imbens, Guido W. & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 2008. "Recent Developments in the Econometrics of Program Evaluation," IZA Discussion Papers 3640, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Haggblade, Steven & Tembo, Gelson, 2003. "Conservation farming in Zambia:," EPTD discussion papers 108, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ehui, S. K. & Kang, B. T. & Spencer, D. S. C., 1990. "Economic analysis of soil erosion effects in alley cropping, no-till and bush fallow systems in South Western Nigeria," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 349-368.
- Karanja, D. D. & Renkow, M. & Crawford, E. W., 2003.
"Welfare effects of maize technologies in marginal and high potential regions of Kenya,"
Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 331-341, December.
- Karanja, Daniel David & Renkow, Mitch & Crawford, Eric W., 2002. "The Welfare Effects Of Maize Technologies In Marginal And High-Potential Regions Of Kenya," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19883, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Akhter Ali & Awudu Abdulai, 2010. "The Adoption of Genetically Modified Cotton and Poverty Reduction in Pakistan," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(1), pages 175-192, February.
- Becerril, Javier & Abdulai, Awudu, 2010. "The Impact of Improved Maize Varieties on Poverty in Mexico: A Propensity Score-Matching Approach," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 1024-1035, July.
- Knowler, Duncan & Bradshaw, Ben, 2007. "Farmers' adoption of conservation agriculture: A review and synthesis of recent research," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 25-48, February.
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2003.
"Multivariate probit regression using simulated maximum likelihood,"
Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 3(3), pages 278-294, September.
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2003. "Multivariate probit regression using simulated maximum likelihood," United Kingdom Stata Users' Group Meetings 2003 10, Stata Users Group.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tambo, J. & Mockshell, J., 2018. "Differential impacts of conservation agriculture technology options on household welfare in sub-Saharan Africa," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277035, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gebeyanesh Zerssa & Debela Feyssa & Dong-Gill Kim & Bettina Eichler-Löbermann, 2021. "Challenges of Smallholder Farming in Ethiopia and Opportunities by Adopting Climate-Smart Agriculture," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(3), pages 1-26, February.
- Powell Mponela & Girma T. Kassie & Lulseged D. Tamene, 2018. "Simultaneous adoption of integrated soil fertility management technologies in the Chinyanja Triangle, Southern Africa," Natural Resources Forum, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(3), pages 172-184, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Alexandra Peralta & Scott M. Swinton & Songqing Jin, 2018. "The Secret to Getting Ahead Is Getting Started: Early Impacts of a Rural Development Project," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(8), pages 1-20, July.
- Santosh K. Sahu & Sukanya Das, 2016.
"Impact of Agricultural Related Technology Adoption on Poverty: A Study of Select Households in Rural India,"
India Studies in Business and Economics, in: N.S. Siddharthan & K. Narayanan (ed.), Technology, pages 141-156,
- Santosh K. Sahu & Sukanya Das, 2015. "Impact of Agricultural Related Technology Adoption on Poverty: A Study of Select Households in Rural India," Working Papers 2015-131, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Bola Awotide & Arega Alene & Tahirou Abdoulaye & Victor Manyong, 2015. "Impact of agricultural technology adoption on asset ownership: the case of improved cassava varieties in Nigeria," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 7(6), pages 1239-1258, December.
- Jorge Leonardo Rueda Gil, 2017. "Cambio tecnolÃ³gico y mejoras en el bienestar de los caficultores en Colombia: el caso de las variedades resistentes a la roya," Documentos CEDE 015665, Universidad de los Andes - CEDE.
- Oumer, Ali M. & Burton, Michael, 2018. "Drivers and Synergies in the Adoption of Sustainable Agricultural Intensification Practices: A Dynamic Perspective," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 273871, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kassie, Menale & Shiferaw, Bekele & Muricho, Geoffrey, 2011. "Agricultural Technology, Crop Income, and Poverty Alleviation in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1784-1795.
- Ainembabazi, John Herbert & Abdoulaye, Tahirou & Feleke, Shiferaw & Alene, Arega & Dontsop-Nguezet, Paul M. & Ndayisaba, Pierre Celestin & Hicintuka, Cyrille & Mapatano, Sylvain & Manyong, Victor, 2018. "Who benefits from which agricultural research-for-development technologies? Evidence from farm household poverty analysis in Central Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 28-46.
- Conor Carney & Monica Harber Carney, 2018.
"Impact of soil conservation adoption on intra‐household allocations in Zambia,"
Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(4), pages 1390-1408, November.
- Conor Carney & Monica Harber Carney, 2017. "Impact of soil conservation adoption on intrahousehold allocations in Zambia," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2017-65, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Backson Mwangi & Ibrahim Macharia & Eric Bett, 2021. "Ex-post Impact Evaluation of Improved Sorghum Varieties on Poverty Reduction in Kenya: A Counterfactual Analysis," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 154(2), pages 447-467, April.
- Hanjra, Munir A. & Qureshi, M. Ejaz, 2010. "Global water crisis and future food security in an era of climate change," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 365-377, October.
- Jones, Kelly W. & MuÃ±oz Brenes, Carlos L. & Shinbrot, Xoco A. & LÃ³pez-BÃ¡ez, Walter & Rivera-CastaÃ±eda, AndrÃ³meda, 2018. "The influence of cash and technical assistance on household-level outcomes in payments for hydrological services programs in Chiapas, Mexico," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 31(PA), pages 208-218.
- Zhang, Lin & Findeis, Jill L., 2010. "Intra-Household Time Allocation and Labor Migration Decisions in Rural South China," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61520, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Embaye, Weldensie & Hendricks, Nathan & Lilja, Nina, 2017.
"Sorghum research and poverty reduction in the presence of trade distortions in Ethiopia,"
African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 12(2), June.
- Teklay, Weldensie & Liljia, Nina & Hendricks, Nathan & Dalton, Timothy, 2015. "Sorghum Research And Poverty Reduction In The Presence Of Trade Distortion In Ethiopia," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205706, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Enid M. Katungi & Catherine Larochelle & Josephat R. Mugabo & Robin Buruchara, 2018. "The effect of climbing bean adoption on the welfare of smallholder common bean growers in Rwanda," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 10(1), pages 61-79, February.
- Dan Pan, 2014. "The Impact of Agricultural Extension on Farmer Nutrient Management Behavior in Chinese Rice Production: A Household-Level Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(10), pages 1-22, September.
- Kassie, Menale & Teklewolde, Hailemariam & Erenstein, Olaf & Jaleta, Moti & Marenya, Paswel & Mekurai, Mulugetta, 2015. "Technology diversification: Assessing impacts on crop income and agrochemical uses in Malawi," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211838, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Tamini, Lota D., 2011. "A nonparametric analysis of the impact of agri-environmental advisory activities on best management practice adoption: A case study of Québec," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(7), pages 1363-1374, May.
- Ali, Akhter & Bahadur Rahut, Dil & Behera, Bhagirath, 2016. "Factors influencing farmers׳ adoption of energy-based water pumps and impacts on crop productivity and household income in Pakistan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 48-57.
- Wainaina, Priscilla W. & Okello, Julius Juma & Nzuma, Jonathan M., 2012. "Impact of Contract Farming on Smallholder Poultry Farmers' Income in Kenya," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126196, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Wainaina, Priscilla & Tongruksawattana, Songporne & Qaim, Matin, 2014. "Tradeoffs and Complementarities in the Adoption of Improved Seeds, Fertilizer, and Natural Resource Management Technologies in Kenya," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 189914, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
More about this item
KeywordsConservation agriculture; Control function; Impact; Multivariate probit;
All these keywords.
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:endesu:v:19:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s10668-016-9869-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.