Forecasting precious metal returns with multivariate random forests
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dirk G. Baur & Brian M. Lucey, 2010.
"Is Gold a Hedge or a Safe Haven? An Analysis of Stocks, Bonds and Gold,"
The Financial Review,
Eastern Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 217-229, May.
- Dirk G. Baur & Brian M. Lucey, 2007. "Is Gold a Hedge or a Safe Haven? An Analysis of Stocks, Bonds and Gold," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp198, IIIS.
- Brian M. Lucey & Sile Li, 2015. "What precious metals act as safe havens, and when? Some US evidence," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 35-45, January.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta & Christian Pierdzioch, 2017.
"On exchange-rate movements and gold-price fluctuations: evidence for gold-producing countries from a nonparametric causality-in-quantiles test,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 691-700, October.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta & Christian Pierdzioch, 2015. "On Exchange-Rate Movements and Gold-Price Fluctuations: Evidence for Gold-Producing Countries from a Nonparametric Causality-in-Quantiles Test," Working Papers 201598, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Aye, Goodness & Gupta, Rangan & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Kim, Won Joong, 2015.
"Forecasting the price of gold using dynamic model averaging,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 257-266.
- Goodness C. Aye & Rangan Gupta & Shawkat Hammoudeh & Won Joong Kim, 2014. "Forecasting the Price of Gold Using Dynamic Model Averaging," Working Papers 201415, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat M. & Yuan, Yuan & McAleer, Michael & Thompson, Mark A., 2010.
"Precious metals-exchange rate volatility transmissions and hedging strategies,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 633-647, October.
- Shawkat Hammoudeh & Yuan Yuan & Michael McAleer & Mark A. Thompson, 2009. "Precious Metals-Exchange Rate Volatility Transmissions and Hedging Strategies," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-684, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Hammoudeh, S.M. & Yuan, Y. & McAleer, M.J. & Thompson, M.A., 2009. "Precious Metals-Exchange Rate Volatility Transmissions and Hedging Strategies," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2009-38, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Shawkat Hammoudeh & Yuan Yuan & Michael McAleer & Mark A. Thompson, 2009. "Precious Metals-Exchange Rate Volatility Transmissions and Hedging Strategies," CARF F-Series CARF-F-187, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Baur, Dirk G. & McDermott, Thomas K., 2010.
"Is gold a safe haven? International evidence,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1886-1898, August.
- Dirk G. Baur & Thomas K. McDermott, "undated". "Is gold a safe haven? International evidence," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp310, IIIS.
- Manasse, Paolo & Roubini, Nouriel, 2009. ""Rules of thumb" for sovereign debt crises," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 192-205, July.
- Diebold, Francis X & Mariano, Roberto S, 2002.
"Comparing Predictive Accuracy,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 134-144, January.
- Joscha Beckmann & Robert Czudaj, 2013. "Oil and gold price dynamics in a multivariate cointegration framework," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 453-468, September.
- Gupta, Rangan & Majumdar, Anandamayee & Pierdzioch, Christian & Wohar, Mark E., 2017.
"Do terror attacks predict gold returns? Evidence from a quantile-predictive-regression approach,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 276-284.
- Rangan Gupta & Anandamayee Majumdar & Christian Pierdzioch & Mark Wohar, 2016. "Do Terror Attacks Predict Gold Returns? Evidence from a Quantile-Predictive-Regression Approach," Working Papers 201626, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Jonathan A. Batten & Cetin Ciner & Brian M. Lucey, 2015.
"Which precious metals spill over on which, when and why? Some evidence,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(6), pages 466-473, April.
- Jonathan A. Batten & Cetin Ciner & Brian M. Lucey, 2014. "Which Precious Metals Spill Over on Which, When and Why? – Some Evidence," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp460, IIIS.
- Dirk Baur & Duy Tran, 2014.
"The long-run relationship of gold and silver and the influence of bubbles and financial crises,"
Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 1525-1541, December.
- Dirk G Baur & Duy T. Tran, 2012. "The Long-run Relationship of Gold and Silver and the Influence of Bubbles and Financial Crises," Working Paper Series 172, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Christoph Behrens & Christian Pierdzioch & Marian Risse, 2018. "A test of the joint efficiency of macroeconomic forecasts using multivariate random forests," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 37(5), pages 560-572, August.
- Kucher, Oleg & McCoskey, Suzanne, 2017. "The long-run relationship between precious metal prices and the business cycle," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 263-275.
- Malliaris, A.G. & Malliaris, Mary, 2015. "What drives gold returns? A decision tree analysis," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 45-53.
- Agyei-Ampomah, Sam & Gounopoulos, Dimitrios & Mazouz, Khelifa, 2014. "Does gold offer a better protection against losses in sovereign debt bonds than other metals?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 507-521.
- Beckmann, Joscha & Berger, Theo & Czudaj, Robert, 2015.
"Does gold act as a hedge or a safe haven for stocks? A smooth transition approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 16-24.
- Beckmann, Joscha & Berger, Theo & Czudaj, Robert, 2014. "Does Gold Act as a Hedge or a Safe Haven for Stocks? A Smooth Transition Approach," Ruhr Economic Papers 502, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Sari, Ramazan & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Soytas, Ugur, 2010. "Dynamics of oil price, precious metal prices, and exchange rate," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 351-362, March.
- Pukthuanthong, Kuntara & Roll, Richard, 2011. "Gold and the Dollar (and the Euro, Pound, and Yen)," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 2070-2083, August.
More about this item
KeywordsPrecious metals; Forecasting; Random forests;
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
- Q02 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Commodity Market
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:58:y:2020:i:3:d:10.1007_s00181-018-1558-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.