Dynamic price dependence of Canadian and international art markets: an empirical analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Douglas James Hodgson & Aylin Seckin, 2011. "Dynamic Price Dependence of Canadian and International Art Markets: An Empirical Analysis," CIRANO Working Papers 2011s-14, CIRANO.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ginsburgh, Victor & Mei, Jianping & Moses, Michael, 2006. "The Computation of Prices Indices," Handbook of the Economics of Art and Culture, Elsevier.
- Pierre Perron & Gabriel RodrÃguez, "undated".
"Residuals-based Tests for Cointegration with GLS Detrended Data,"
Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
wp2015-017, Boston University - Department of Economics, revised 19 Oct 2015.
- Perron, P. & Rodriguez, G., 2000. "Residual Based Tests for Cointegration with GLS Detrended Data," Working Papers 0004e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Douglas Hodgson, 2011. "An analysis of pricing and returns in the market for French Canadian paintings," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(1), pages 63-73.
- Douglas Hodgson & Keith Vorkink, 2004. "Asset pricing theory and the valuation of Canadian paintings," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(3), pages 629-655, August.
- Perron, Pierre & Rodriguez, Gabriel, 2003.
"GLS detrending, efficient unit root tests and structural change,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 1-27, July.
- Elliott, Graham & Rothenberg, Thomas J & Stock, James H, 1996. "Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 813-836, July.
- Elliott, Graham, 1999. "Efficient Tests for a Unit Root When the Initial Observation Is Drawn from Its Unconditional Distribution," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(3), pages 767-783, August.
- Graham Elliott & Thomas J. Rothenberg & James H. Stock, 1992. "Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root," NBER Technical Working Papers 0130, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "ERSTEST: RATS procedure to perform Elliott-Rothenberg-Stock unit root tests," Statistical Software Components RTS00066, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "GLSDETREND: RATS procedure to perform local to unity GLS detrending," Statistical Software Components RTS00077, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Ginsburgh, Victor & Jeanfils, Philippe, 1995.
"Long-term comovements in international markets for paintings,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 538-548, April.
- Victor Ginsburgh & Philippe Jeanfils, 1995. "Long-term comovements in international markets for paintings," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1717, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Ginsburgh, V. & Jeanfils, P., 1995. "Long-term comovements in international markets for paintings," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1147, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jianping Mei & Michael Moses, 2002. "Art as an Investment and the Underperformance of Masterpieces," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1656-1668, December.
- Calin Valsan, 2002. "Canadian versus American Art: What Pays Off and Why," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 26(3), pages 203-216, August.
- Goetzmann, William N, 1993. "Accounting for Taste: Art and the Financial Markets over Three Centuries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1370-1376, December.
- Whalley, John & Xin, Xian, 2009.
"Home and regional biases and border effects in Armington type models,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 309-319, March.
- John Whalley & Xian Xin, 2006. "Home and Regional Biases and Border Effects in Armington Type Models," NBER Working Papers 12439, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erdal Atukeren & Aylin Seckin, 2009. "An analysis of the price dynamics between the Turkish and the international paintings markets," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(21), pages 1705-1714.
- Erdal Atukeren & Aylin Seçkin, 2006. "Art and the Economy: A First Look at the Market for Paintings in Turkey," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 26(3), pages 1-13.
- Richard Agnello & Renée Pierce, 1996. "Financial returns, price determinants, and genre effects in American art investment," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 20(4), pages 359-383, December.
- Andrew C. Worthington & Helen Higgs, 2003. "Art as an investment: Short and long-term comovements in major painting markets," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 649-668, November.
- Meese, Richard A & Wallace, Nancy E, 1997. "The Construction of Residential Housing Price Indices: A Comparison of Repeat-Sales, Hedonic-Regression and Hybrid Approaches," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 14(1-2), pages 51-73, Jan.-Marc.
More about this item
KeywordsAlternative investments; Economics of art markets; Market for paintings; Time series analysis; CAPM; Z11; G11;
- Z11 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economics of the Arts and Literature
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:43:y:2012:i:2:p:867-890. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.