Art and the Economy: A First Look at the Market for Paintings in Turkey
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert J. Shiller, 1991. "Arithmetic Repeat Sales Price Estimators," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 971, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Douglas Hodgson & Keith Vorkink, 2004. "Asset pricing theory and the valuation of Canadian paintings," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(3), pages 629-655, August.
- Jianping Mei & Michael Moses, 2002. "Art as an Investment and the Underperformance of Masterpieces," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1656-1668, December.
- Richard J. Agnello, 2002. "Investment Returns and Risk for Art: Evidence from Auctions of American Paintings," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 443-463, Fall.
- Olivier Chanel & Louis-André Gérard-Varet & Victor Ginsburgh, 1996. "The relevance of hedonic price indices," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 20(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Goetzmann, William N, 1993. "Accounting for Taste: Art and the Financial Markets over Three Centuries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1370-1376, December.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Orley Ashenfelter & Kathryn Graddy, 2003. "Auctions and the Price of Art," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(3), pages 763-787, September.
- Stein, John Picard, 1977. "The Monetary Appreciation of Paintings," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(5), pages 1021-1035, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bocart, Fabian Y.R.P. & Hafner, Christian M., 2012.
"Econometric analysis of volatile art markets,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3091-3104.
- BOCART, Fabian Y. R. P. & HAFNER, Christian, 2011. "Econometric analysis of volatile art markets," CORE Discussion Papers 2011052, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Fabian Y. R. P. Bocart & Christian M. Hafner, 2011. "Econometric analysis of volatile art markets," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2011-071, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Douglas Hodgson & Aylin Seçkin, 2012.
"Dynamic price dependence of Canadian and international art markets: an empirical analysis,"
Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 867-890, October.
- Douglas James Hodgson & Aylin Seckin, 2011. "Dynamic Price Dependence of Canadian and International Art Markets: An Empirical Analysis," CIRANO Working Papers 2011s-14, CIRANO.
- Fabian Y.R.P. Bocart & Christian M. Hafner, 2012. "Volatility of price indices for heterogeneous goods," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-039, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Douglas HODGSON & Aylin SECKIN, "undated". "Dynamic Price Dependence of Canadian and World Art Markets: An Empirical Analysis," EcoMod2010 259600074, EcoMod.
- Roman Kräussl, 2014.
"Art as an Aternative Asset Class: Risk and Return Characteristics of the Middle Eastern & Northern African Art Markets,"
LSF Research Working Paper Series
14-10, Luxembourg School of Finance, University of Luxembourg.
- Kräussl, Roman, 2014. "Art as an alternative asset class: Risk and return characteristics of the Middle Eastern & Northern African art markets," CFS Working Paper Series 494, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Seçkin Aylin & Atukeren Erdal, 2012. "A Heckit Model of Sales Dynamics in Turkish Art Auctions: 2005-2008," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 7(3), pages 1-32, May.
More about this item
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-06z10130. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.