Art as an alternative asset class: Risk and return characteristics of the Middle Eastern & Northern African art markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Roman Kräussl, 2014. "Art as an Aternative Asset Class: Risk and Return Characteristics of the Middle Eastern & Northern African Art Markets," LSF Research Working Paper Series 14-10, Luxembourg School of Finance, University of Luxembourg.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jianping Mei & Michael Moses, 2002. "Art as an Investment and the Underperformance of Masterpieces," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1656-1668, December.
- Anderson, Robert C, 1974. "Paintings as an Investment," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 12(1), pages 13-26, March.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Luc Renneboog & Christophe Spaenjers, 2013.
"Buying Beauty: On Prices and Returns in the Art Market,"
INFORMS, vol. 59(1), pages 36-53, February.
- Renneboog, L.D.R. & Spaenjers, C., 2009. "Buying Beauty : On Prices and Returns in the Art Market," Discussion Paper 2009-15, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Christophe Spaenjers & Luc Renneboog, 2013. "Buying Beauty: On Prices and Returns in the Art Market," Post-Print hal-00784069, HAL.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1994:i:35:p:06 is not listed on IDEAS
- Luc Renneboog & Tom Van Houtte, 2000. "From realism to surrealism: investing in Belgian art," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 165, pages 69-106.
- Pesando, James E, 1993. "Art as an Investment: The Market for Modern Prints," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1075-1089, December.
- Erdal Atukeren & Aylin Seçkin, 2006. "Art and the Economy: A First Look at the Market for Paintings in Turkey," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 26(3), pages 1-13.
- Hayat, Raphie & Kraeussl, Roman, 2011. "Risk and return characteristics of Islamic equity funds," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 189-203, June.
More about this item
KeywordsAlternative investments; Art price index; Optimal Asset Allocation;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- Z11 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economics of the Arts and Literature
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:cfswop:494. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifkcfde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.