Price convergence across regions in India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Cecchetti & Nelson C. Mark & Robert Sonora, 1998.
"Price Level Convergence Among United States Cities: Lessons for the European Central Bank,"
32, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Stephen Cecchetti & Nelson C. Mark & Robert Sonora, 1999. "Price Level Convergence Among United States Cities: Lessons for the European Central Bank," Working Papers 99-01, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Stephen G. Cecchetti & Nelson C. Mark & Robert J. Sonora, 2000. "Price Level Convergence Among United States Cities: Lessons for the European Central Bank," NBER Working Papers 7681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2002.
"Determining the Number of Factors in Approximate Factor Models,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 191-221, January.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2000. "Determining the Number of Factors in Approximate Factor Models," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1504, Econometric Society.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2000. "Determining the Number of Factors in Approximate Factor Models," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 440, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Anindya Banerjee & Massimiliano Marcellino & Chiara Osbat, 2005.
"Testing for PPP: Should we use panel methods?,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 77-91, January.
- Anindya Banerjee & Massimiliano Marcellino & Chiara Osbat, "undated". "Testing for PPP: Should We Use Panel Methods?," Working Papers 186, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Banerjee, Anindya & Massimiliano Marcellino & Chiara Osbat, 2002. "Testing for PPP: Should We Use Panel Methods?," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 13, Royal Economic Society.
- Mario Forni & Marc Hallin & Marco Lippi & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2000.
"The Generalized Dynamic-Factor Model: Identification And Estimation,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(4), pages 540-554, November.
- Forni, Mario & Hallin, Marc & Lippi, Marco & Reichlin, Lucrezia, 1999. "The Generalized Dynamic Factor Model: Identification and Estimation," CEPR Discussion Papers 2338, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mario Forni & Marc Hallin & Lucrezia Reichlin & Marco Lippi, 2000. "The generalised dynamic factor model: identification and estimation," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10143, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Evans, Paul & Karras, Georgios, 1996. "Convergence revisited," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 249-265, April.
- David C. Parsley & Shang-Jin Wei, 1996.
"Convergence to the Law of One Price Without Trade Barriers or Currency Fluctuations,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(4), pages 1211-1236.
- David C. Parsley & Shang-Jin Wei, 1996. "Convergence to the Law of One Price Without Trade Barriers or Currency Fluctuations," NBER Working Papers 5654, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Levin, Andrew & Lin, Chien-Fu & James Chu, Chia-Shang, 2002.
"Unit root tests in panel data: asymptotic and finite-sample properties,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 1-24, May.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "LEVINLIN: RATS procedure to perform Levin-Lin-Chu test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00242, Boston College Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yazgan, M. Ege & Yilmazkuday, Hakan, 2011.
"Price-level convergence: New evidence from U.S. cities,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 76-78, February.
- M. Ege Yazgan & Hakan Yilmazkuday, 2010. "Price-Level Convergence: New Evidence from U.S. Cities," DETU Working Papers 1011, Department of Economics, Temple University.
- Hasan Muhammad Mohsin & Scott Gilbert, 2010.
"The Relative City Price Convergence in Pakistan: Empirical Evidence from Spatial GLS,"
The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 49(4), pages 439-448.
- Mohsin, Hasan M & Gilbert, Scott, 2010. "Relative City Price Convergence in Pakistan: Empirical Evidence from Spatial GLS," MPRA Paper 27901, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. Ege Yazgan & Hakan Yilmazkuday, 2016.
"High versus low inflation: implications for price-level convergence,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 1527-1563, June.
- M. Ege Yazgan & Hakan Yilmazkuday, 2014. "High versus Low Inflation: Implications for Price-Level Convergence," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1412, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- M. Ege Yazgan & Hakan Yilmazkuday, 2015. "High versus Low Inflation: Implications for Price-Level Convergence," Working Papers 1503, Florida International University, Department of Economics.
- Kitenge, Erick M. & Morshed, A.K.M. Mahbub, 2019. "Price convergence among Indian cities: The role of linguistic differences, topography, and aggregation," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 34-50.
- Huang, Ho-Chuan (River) & Liu, Wei-Han & Yeh, Chih-Chuan, 2012. "Convergence in price levels across US cities," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 114(3), pages 245-248.
- Chien-Chiang Lee & Chun-Ping Chang, 2007. "Mean reversion of inflation rates in 19 OECD countries: Evidence from panel Lm unit root tests with structural breaks," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(23), pages 1-15.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2006. "Monetary policy in Asia: approaches and implementation," BIS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 31.
- Jayasuriya, Sisira & Kim, Jae H. & Kumar, Parmod, 2007. "International and Internal Market Integration in Indian agriculture: A study of the Indian Rice Market," 106th Seminar, October 25-27, 2007, Montpellier, France 7935, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nagayasu, Jun, 2010. "Regional Inflation (Price) Behaviors: Heterogeneity and Convergence," MPRA Paper 25430, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Felipe S. Bastos & Elano F. Arruda & Rafael B. Barbosa & Roberto T. Ferreira, 2018. "Speed of Reversion to PPP with Structural Breaks for Brazilian Cities," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 10(4), pages 15-24, April.
- Nagayasu, Jun, 2011. "Heterogeneity and convergence of regional inflation (prices)," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 711-723.
- Massidda, Carla & Mattana, Paolo, 2006. "On the Nature of Regional Price Differentials: Some Panel Results for Italy," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 36(3), pages 400-426.
- Kaushik Bhattacharya, 2006. "Monetary policy approaches in India," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.),Monetary policy in Asia: approaches and implementation, volume 31, pages 74-102, Bank for International Settlements.
- Burcu Ozcan, 2014. "Do Tourism Markets Of Turkey Converge?," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 0200630, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Ho-Chuan Huang & Pei-Chien Lin & Chih-Chuan Yeh, 2011. "Price level convergence across cities? Evidence from panel unit root tests," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 87-93.
More about this item
KeywordsCross co-integration; Cross-sectional dependence; Panel unit root tests; Common factor; Price convergence; C23; E31;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:34:y:2008:i:2:p:299-313. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.