The impact of decentralization and inter-territorial interactions on Spanish health expenditure
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Revelli, Federico, 2006.
"Performance rating and yardstick competition in social service provision,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 459-475, February.
- Federico Revelli, 2004. "Performance Rating and Yardstick Competition in Social Service Provision," CESifo Working Paper Series 1270, CESifo Group Munich.
- Florax, Raymond J. G. M. & Folmer, Hendrik & Rey, Sergio J., 2003.
"Specification searches in spatial econometrics: the relevance of Hendry's methodology,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 557-579, September.
- Raymond J.G.M. Florax & Hendrik Folmer & Sergio J. Rey, 2002. "Specification Searches in Spatial Econometrics: The Relevance of Hendry's Methodology," Urban/Regional 0202001, EconWPA.
- Guillem López & Joan Costa-Font & Ivan Planas, 2004.
"Diversity and regional inequalities: Assessing the outcomes of the Spanish 'System of Health Care Services',"
Economics Working Papers
745, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Guillem López & Joan Costa-Font & Ivan Planas, 2004. "Diversity and regional inequalities: Assessing the outcomes of the Spanish 'System of Health Care Services'," Working Papers, Research Center on Health and Economics 745, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Parkin, David & McGuire, Alistair & Yule, Brian, 1987. "Aggregate health care expenditures and national income : Is health care a luxury good?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 109-127, June.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Song, Seuck Heun & Koh, Won, 2003.
"Testing panel data regression models with spatial error correlation,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 123-150, November.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Seuck Heun Song & Won Koh, 2002. "Testing Panel Data Regression Models with Spatial Error Correlation," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 B6-4, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Moscone, Francesco & Knapp, Martin & Tosetti, Elisa, 2007. "Mental health expenditure in England: A spatial panel approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 842-864, July.
- Davis, Peter & Gribben, Barry & Scott, Alastair & Lay-Yee, Roy, 2000. "The "supply hypothesis" and medical practice variation in primary care: testing economic and clinical models of inter-practitioner variation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 407-418, February.
- Jan K. Brueckner, 1999. "Welfare Reform and the Race to the Bottom: Theory and Evidence," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 505-525, January.
- Margherita Giannoni & Theodore Hitiris, 2002. "The regional impact of health care expenditure: the case of Italy," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(14), pages 1829-1836.
- Margherita Giannoni & Theodore Hitiris, "undated". "The Regional Impact of Health Care Expenditure: the Case of Italy," Discussion Papers 99/20, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Skinner Jonathan & Wennberg John E., 2000.
"Regional Inequality in Medicare Spending: The Key to Medicare Reform?,"
Forum for Health Economics & Policy,
De Gruyter, pages 1-24.
- Jonathan Skinner & John E. Wennberg, 2000. "Regional Inequality in Medicare Spending: The Key to Medicare Reform?," NBER Chapters,in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, Volume 3, pages 69-90 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joan Costa-Font & Ana Rico, 2006. "Vertical Competition in the Spanish National Health System (NHS)," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 128(3), pages 477-498, September.
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1992. "Medical Care Costs: How Much Welfare Loss?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 3-21, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giardina, Emilio & Cavalieri, Marina & Guccio, Calogero & Mazza, Isidoro, 2009. "Federalism, Party Competition and Budget Outcome: Empirical Findings on Regional Health Expenditure in Italy," MPRA Paper 16437, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rita De Siano & Marcella D'Uva, 2013. "Does decentralization affect regional public spending in Italy?," Discussion Papers 1_2013, CRISEI, University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Laura GonzÃ¡lez & Giuliano Masiero, 2011. "Disentangling spillover effects of antibiotic consumption: a spatial panel approach," Quaderni della facoltà di Scienze economiche dell'Università di Lugano 1106, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Joan Costa-i-Font, 2012.
"Fiscal Federalism and European Health System Decentralization: A Perspective,"
Europe in Question Discussion Paper Series of the London School of Economics (LEQs)
5, London School of Economics / European Institute.
- Joan Costa-i-Font, 2012. "Fiscal Federalism and European Health System Decentralization: A Perspective," LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series 55, European Institute, LSE.
- Costa-i-Font, Joan, 2012. "Fiscal federalism and European health system decentralization: a perspective," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 47881, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Filippini, M. & Heimsch, F. & Masiero, G., 2014.
"Antibiotic consumption and the role of dispensing physicians,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 242-251.
- Massimo Filippini & Fabian Heimsch & Giuliano Masiero, 2013. "Antibiotic consumption and the role of dispensing physicians," CEPRA working paper 1302, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Antonio José Orozco-Gallo, 2015.
"Un análisis del gasto público en salud de los entes territoriales colombianos,"
DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO SOBRE ECONOMÍA REGIONAL Y URBANA
012838, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ECONOMÍA REGIONAL.
- Antonio José Orozco-Gallo, 2015. "Un análisis del gasto público en salud de los entes territoriales colombianos," Documentos de trabajo sobre Economía Regional y Urbana 220, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Stefan Felder & Harald Tauchmann, 2013.
"Federal state differentials in the efficiency of health production in Germany: an artifact of spatial dependence?,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 14(1), pages 21-39, February.
- Felder, Stefan & Tauchmann, Harald, 2013. "Federal state differentials in the efficiency of health production in Germany: an artifact of spatial dependence?," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 21-39.
- Clemente, Jesús & Lazaro, Angelina & Montanes, Antonio, 2016. "Public health expenditure in Spain: is there partisan behaviour?," MPRA Paper 69781, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Blázquez-Fernández, Carla & Cantarero-Prieto, David & Pascual-Sáez, Marta, 2014. "Experiencia comparada europea y el reto de la descentralización sanitaria/Comparative European Experience and the Decentralization Health Challenge," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 32, pages 841-860, Mayo.
- David Prieto & Santiago Lago-Peñas, 2012. "Decomposing the determinants of health care expenditure: the case of Spain," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 13(1), pages 19-27, February.
- Shun-ichiro Bessho & Yoko Ibuka, 2016. "Vaccination policy of Japanese municipalities," Keio-IES Discussion Paper Series 2016-004, Institute for Economics Studies, Keio University.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth expenditure; Decentralisation; Spatial econometrics; Panels; I18; I38; C31; C33;
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:34:y:2008:i:1:p:167-184. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .