Sur model with spatial effects: an application to mental health expenditure
This study analyses, through the adoption of a seemingly unrelated regression approach, the temporal evolution of policy interactions among local authorities in England when allocating mental health resources. This new approach in health economics may shed light on the degree of interdependence between adjacent municipalities at a specific point in time (e.g. before, during, or after a change in policy), exploiting the information carried by the panel, rather than that of a single cross-section. Copyright © 2007 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume (Year): 16 (2007)
Issue (Month): 12 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Federico Revelli, 2002. "Testing the taxmimicking versus expenditure spill-over hypotheses using English data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(14), pages 1723-1731.
- Raymond J.G.M. Florax & Hendrik Folmer & Sergio J. Rey, 2002.
"Specification Searches in Spatial Econometrics: The Relevance of Hendry's Methodology,"
- Florax, Raymond J. G. M. & Folmer, Hendrik & Rey, Sergio J., 2003. "Specification searches in spatial econometrics: the relevance of Hendry's methodology," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 557-579, September.
- Moscone, Francesco & Knapp, Martin & Tosetti, Elisa, 2007. "Mental health expenditure in England: A spatial panel approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 842-864, July.
- Revelli, Federico, 2006.
"Performance rating and yardstick competition in social service provision,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 459-475, February.
- Federico Revelli, 2004. "Performance Rating and Yardstick Competition in Social Service Provision," CESifo Working Paper Series 1270, CESifo Group Munich.
- Joan Costa-Font & Jordi Pons-Novell, 2007.
"Public health expenditure and spatial interactions in a decentralized national health system,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 291-306.
- Joan Costa Font & Jordi Pons Novell, 2005. "Public Health Expenditure and Spatial Interactions in a Decentralized National Health System," Working Papers in Economics 139, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Baicker, Katherine, 2005. "The spillover effects of state spending," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(2-3), pages 529-544, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:16:y:2007:i:12:p:1403-1408. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.