Spatial Effects in Willingness to Pay for Avoiding Nuclear Risks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David E. Clark & Tim Allison, 1999. "articles: Spent nuclear fuel and residential property values: the influence of proximity, visual cues and public information," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 78(4), pages 403-421.
- Farber, Stephen, 1998. "Undesirable facilities and property values: a summary of empirical studies," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Dionne, Georges & Eeckhoudt, Louis, 1985.
"Self-insurance, self-protection and increased risk aversion,"
Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 39-42.
- Dionne, G. & Eeckhoudt, L., 1984. "Self-Insurance, Self-Protection and Increased Risk Aversion," Cahiers de recherche 8424, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- DIONNE, George & EECKHOUDT, Louis, 1985. "Self-insurance, self-protection and increased risk aversion," CORE Discussion Papers RP 623, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Louviere,Jordan J. & Hensher,David A. & Swait,Joffre D., 2000. "Stated Choice Methods," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521788304, May.
- Jesper Nielsen & Dorte Gyrd-Hansen & Ivar SØNBØ Kristiansen & JØRgen NexØE, 2003. "Impact of Socio-demographic Factors on Willingness to Pay for the Reduction of a Future Health Risk," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(1), pages 39-47.
- Yves Schneider & Peter Zweifel, 2004.
"How Much Internalization of Nuclear Risk Through Liability Insurance?,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 219-240, December.
- Yves Schneider & Peter Zweifel, 2002. "How Much Internalization of Nuclear Risk Through Liability Insurance?," SOI - Working Papers 0211, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Becker, Gary S, 1972. "Market Insurance, Self-Insurance, and Self-Protection," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(4), pages 623-648, July-Aug..
- Smith, V Kerry & Desvousges, William H, 1986. "The Value of Avoiding a Lulu: Hazardous Waste Disposal Sites," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(2), pages 293-299, May.
- Gawande, Kishore & Jenkins-Smith, Hank, 2001. "Nuclear Waste Transport and Residential Property Values: Estimating the Effects of Perceived Risks," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 207-233, September.
- Jon P. Nelson, 1981. "Three Mile Island and Residential Property Values: Empirical Analysis and Policy Implications," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 57(3), pages 363-372.
- Takanori Ida & Toshifumi Kuroda, 2006. "Discrete Choice Analysis of Demand for Broadband in Japan," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 5-22, January.
- W. Michael Hanemann, 1984. "Welfare Evaluations in Contingent Valuation Experiments with Discrete Responses," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 66(3), pages 332-341.
- Hartog, Joop & Ferrer-i-Carbonell, Ada & Jonker, Nicole, 2002. "Linking Measured Risk Aversion to Individual Characteristics," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(1), pages 3-26.
- Peter A. Diamond & Jerry A. Hausman, 1994. "Contingent Valuation: Is Some Number Better than No Number?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 45-64, Fall.
- Mary Kelly & Anne E. Kleffner, 2003. "Optimal Loss Mitigation and Contract Design," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(1), pages 53-72.
- Mary Riddel & Christine Dwyer & W. Douglass Shaw, 2003. "Environmental Risk and Uncertainty: Insights from Yucca Mountain," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(3), pages 435-458.
- Harry Telser & Peter Zweifel, 2002. "Measuring willingness-to-pay for risk reduction: an application of conjoint analysis," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 129-139.
- Lucas W. Davis, 2004. "The Effect of Health Risk on Housing Values: Evidence from a Cancer Cluster," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(5), pages 1693-1704, December.
- Richard C. Bishop & Thomas A. Heberlein, 1979. "Measuring Values of Extramarket Goods: Are Indirect Measures Biased?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 61(5), pages 926-930.
- Sherman Folland & Robbin Hough, 2000. "Externalities of Nuclear Power Plants: Further Evidence," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 735-753.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Welsch, Heinz & Biermann, Philipp, 2016.
"Measuring nuclear power plant externalities using life satisfaction data: A spatial analysis for Switzerland,"
Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 98-111.
- Heinz Welsch & Philipp Biermann, 2015. "Measuring Nuclear Power Plant Externalities Using Life Satisfaction Data: A Spatial Analysis for Switzerland," Working Papers V-375-15, University of Oldenburg, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2015.
- Welsch, Heinz, 2016.
"Electricity Externalities, Siting, and the Energy Mix: A Survey,"
International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics,
now publishers, vol. 10(1), pages 57-94, November.
- Heinz Welsch, 2016. "Electricity Externalities, Siting, and the Energy Mix: A Survey," Working Papers V-394-16, University of Oldenburg, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2016.
More about this item
Keywordsdiscrete choice experiment; liability insurance; nuclear accident; willingness to pay;
- R3 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- C9 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ses:arsjes:2013-iii-3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Steiner). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sgvssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.