Potential Impact of the WTO Doha Round on Swiss Agriculture
The article analyzes the potential impact of the WTO Doha Round on Swiss agriculture by means of a general equilibrium model. Assuming a repetition of the Uruguay Round as anticipated outcome the raw milk output is reduced. The analysis shows that all imminent changes on Swiss agriculture like the bilateral contracts between Switzerland and the European Union lead to strong reductions of both raw milk producer price and agricultural income. As a conclusion, the Doha Round has a relatively modest impact on Swiss agriculture if all imminent changes will have been implemented by then.
Volume (Year): 140 (2004)
Issue (Month): IV (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: c/o SNB/BNS, Börsenstrasse 15, PO Box 2800, CH-8022 Zürich|
Phone: +41 58 631 32 34
Web page: http://www.sjes.ch
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tobias Müller & Jean-Marie Grether, 2002. "Long-Run Effects of the Common Agricultural Policy for Switzerland: A Simulation Analysis," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 138(III), pages 271-292, September.
- Lips, Markus & Rieder, Peter, 2002. "Endogenous adjusted Output Quotas - The Abolishment of the Raw Milk Quota in the European Union," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24817, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Malcolm, Gerard, 1998. "Adjusting Tax Rates in the GTAP Data Base," GTAP Technical Papers 315, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Elbehri, Aziz & Ken Pearson, 2000. "Implementing Bilateral Tariff Rate Quotas in GTAP using GEMPACK," GTAP Technical Papers 475, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- A. T. Blake & A. J. Rayner & G. V. Reed, 1999. "A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis of Agricultural Liberalisation: The Uruguay Round and Common Agricultural Policy Reform," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 400-424.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ses:arsjes:2004-iv-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Steiner)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.