Defining Housing Market Areas Using Commuting and Migration Algorithms: Catalonia (Spain) as a Case Study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Karl A. Fox & T. Krishna Kumar, 1965. "The Functional Economic Area: Delineation And Implications For Economic Analysis And Policy," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 57-85, January.
- Greenwood, Michael J, et al, 1991. "Migration, Regional Equilibrium, and the Estimation of Compensating Differentials," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1382-1390, December.
- Goodman, Allen C. & Thibodeau, Thomas G., 2003. "Housing market segmentation and hedonic prediction accuracy," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 181-201, September.
- Graves, Philip E., 1980. "Migration and climate," MPRA Paper 19916, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shaun A. Bond & Soosung Hwang, 2007.
"Smoothing, Nonsynchronous Appraisal and Cross-Sectional Aggregation in Real Estate Price Indices,"
Real Estate Economics,
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 35(3), pages 349-382, September.
- Soosung Hwang & Shaun Bond, 2005. "Smoothing, Nonsynchronous Appraisal and Cross-Sectional Aggreagation in Real Estate Price Indices," Working Papers wp05-17, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Shiller, Robert J & Weiss, Allan N, 1999. "Evaluating Real Estate Valuation Systems," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 147-161, March.
- Mahlon R. Straszheim, 1975. "An Econometric Analysis of the Urban Housing Market," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number stra75-1, June.
- Craig A Watkins, 2001. "The Definition and Identification of Housing Submarkets," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 33(12), pages 2235-2253, December.
- Bourassa, Steven C. & Hoesli, Martin & Peng, Vincent S., 2003. "Do housing submarkets really matter?," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 12-28, March.
- Graves, Philip E., 1983. "Migration with a composite amenity: the role of rents," MPRA Paper 19917, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Knapp, Thomas A. & Graves, Philip E., 1989. "On the role of amenities in models of migration and regional development," MPRA Paper 19914, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Geltner, 1989. "Bias in Appraisal‐Based Returns," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 17(3), pages 338-352, September.
- Zax, Jeffrey S. & Kain, John F., 1991. "Commutes, quits, and moves," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 153-165, March.
- Mark T. Spenc & James A. Thorson, 1998. "The Effect of Expertise on the Quality of Appraisal Services," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 15(2), pages 205-215.
- Colin Jones & Chris Leishman & Craig Watkins, 2003. "Structural Change in a Local Urban Housing Market," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 35(7), pages 1315-1326, July.
- Duncan Maclennan, 1977. "Some Thoughts on the Nature and Purpose of House Price Studies," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 14(1), pages 59-71, February.
- Greenwood, Michael J, 1975. "Research on Internal Migration in the United States: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 397-433, June.
- Richard A. Graff & Michael S. Young, 1999. "The Magnitude of Random Appraisal Error in Commercial Real Estate Valuation," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 17(1), pages 33-54.
- Zax, Jeffrey S., 1994. "When is a move a migration?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 341-360, June.
- J.B. Cullingworth, 1997. "British Land-use Planning: A Failure to Cope with Change?," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 34(5-6), pages 945-960, May.
- Colin Jones, 2002. "The Definition of Housing Market Areas and Strategic Planning," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 39(3), pages 549-564, March.
- White, Michelle J., 1988. "Location choice and commuting behavior in cities with decentralized employment," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 129-152, September.
- Richard Dietrich, J. & Harris, Mary S. & MullerIII, Karl A., 2000. "The reliability of investment property fair value estimates," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 125-158, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moises Lenyn Obaco Alvarez & Vicente Royuela & Xavier VÃtores, 2016. "Computing functional urban areas using a hierarchical travel time approach," ERSA conference papers ersa16p238, European Regional Science Association.
- Garrett Dash Nelson & Alasdair Rae, 2016. "An Economic Geography of the United States: From Commutes to Megaregions," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(11), pages 1-23, November.
- Roman Römisch & Peter Huber & Klaus Nowotny & Ulrike Strauss, 2011. "CENTROPE Regional Development Report. Focus on Spatial Integration," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 43885, December.
- Lefort, Fernando & Vargas, Miguel, 2011. "Tacit Collusion in the Santiago Housing Market," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3396, Inter-American Development Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:urbstu:v:46:y:2009:i:11:p:2381-2398. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SAGE Publications). General contact details of provider: http://www.gla.ac.uk/departments/urbanstudiesjournal .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.