Minding the Cultural Gaps between Different Countries - A Real Challenge for the International Managers
The managers that intend to develop their businesses at the global scale are frequently confronted with situations which require skills related to effective communication in diverse cross-cultural contexts. The paper’s aim was to answer the following question: “How can a Cultural Intelligence web platform provide the support for international managers in their search of a specific business culture’s peculiarities?” In this way, we conducted a qualitative research by using the web platform Country Navigator, in order to compare Romania’s cultural profile from business point of view with two representative E.U. countries’ profiles, France, respectively Germany. The main findings of our study outline significant gaps between Romania and Germany and moderate differences between Romania and France. The in-depth analysis of the cultural dimensions also reflects interesting aspects which must be taken into account by the managers. The paper concludes with several recommendations for the managers concerning practical ways to “bridge the gaps” between the cultural profiles of the countries taken into consideration in the study.
Volume (Year): 14 (2013)
Issue (Month): 5 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6 ROMANA PLACE, 70167 - BUCHAREST|
Web page: http://www.management.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Soon Ang & Linn Van Dyne & Christine Koh & K. Yee Ng & Klaus J. Templer & Cheryl Tay & N. Anand Chandrasekar, 2007. "Cultural Intelligence: Its Measurement and Effects on Cultural Judgment and Decision Making, Cultural Adaptation and Task Performance," Management and Organization Review, The International Association for Chinese Management Research, vol. 3(3), pages 335-371, November.
- Alexandru CAPATINA & Rym BOUZAABIA, 2011. "Analysis of Organizational Cultural Profile Gaps Using a Cultural Intelligence Web-Based Tool," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 12(1), pages 143-151, March.
- Alexandru Ionut ROJA & Marian NÃSTASE, 2013. "Leveraging Organizational Capabilities through Collaboration and Collaborative Competitive Advantage," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(3), pages 359-366, July.
- James P Johnson & Tomasz Lenartowicz & Salvador Apud, 2006. "Cross-cultural competence in international business: toward a definition and a model," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(4), pages 525-543, July.
- Ang, Soon & Van Dyne, Linn & Koh, Christine & Ng, K. Yee & Templer, Klaus J. & Tay, Cheryl & Chandrasekar, N. Anand, 2007. "Cultural Intelligence: Its Measurement and Effects on Cultural Judgment and Decision Making, Cultural Adaptation and Task Performance," Management and Organization Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(03), pages 335-371, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rom:rmcimn:v:14:y:2013:i:5:p:704-712. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marian Nastase)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.