Peasant Economy: Yesterday and Today
The issue of peasant economy and conditions is examined taking as reference point Manlio Rossi-Doria’s deliberations on the subject – a set of propositions that led to a full-fledged analytic paradigm, progressively developed between 1920 and 1960. In its ultimate formulation the paradigm addresses three different lines of research: 1) the analytic essence and structure of the peasant economy; 2) land reform policies; 3) the repercussions on the peasant sector of transformation processes in the economic system. The Rossi-Doria paradigm also offers a key to interpret the lines of research developed over the last forty years of the last century focusing, at the level of both economic and social-anthropological analysis, on the issue of the peasant economy. The text concludes with some observations on developments in the economic and social prospects for the manifold aspects of the peasant community in a context of increasing insecurity and uncertainty.
Volume (Year): (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy|
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Reardon, Thomas & Barrett, Christopher B., 2000.
"Agroindustrialization, globalization, and international development: An overview of issues, patterns, and determinants,"
Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 195-205, September.
- Reardon, Thomas & Barrett, Christopher B., 2000. "Agroindustrialization, globalization, and international development An overview of issues, patterns, and determinants," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 23(3), September.
- GianCarlo Moschini, 2008.
"Biotechnology and the Development of Food Markets: Retrospect and Prospects,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
08-wp477, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- GianCarlo Moschini, 2008. "Biotechnology and the development of food markets: retrospect and prospects," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 35(3), pages 331-355, September.
- Moschini, GianCarlo, 2008. "Biotechnology and the Development of Food Markets: Retrospect and Prospects," Staff General Research Papers 12982, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Pasquale Lucio Scandizzo, 2009. "Science and Technology in World Agriculture: The World Development Report as an Example of “Achievement Narratives”," QA - Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria, Associazione Rossi Doria, issue 1, March.
- Marcus Noland, 2003.
"Famine and Reform in North Korea,"
Working Paper Series
WP03-5, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- K. Deininger & S. Jin & H. K. Nagarajan, 2009.
"Land Reforms, Poverty Reduction, and Economic Growth: Evidence from India,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(4), pages 496-521.
- Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing & Nagarajan, Hari K., 2007. "Land reforms, poverty reduction, and economic growth : evidence from India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4448, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rar:journl:0079. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.