Le rapport salarial japonais a-t-il atteint ses limites ?
[eng] Has the japanese wage labour nexus reached its limits ? The new microeconomics theories for labour contracts and markets, the econometric studies investigating and comparing the origins of unemployment in OECD countries and « regulation » research on the Japanese capitalism seem to converge towards a common vision of the specificities of the Japanese wage labour nexus and its consequences upon the relative speed of adjustment for employment, hours and earnings. The defensive flexibility typical of Fordism is contrasted with the internal and organized flexibility of the Japanese employment system. [fre] Le rapport salarial japonais a-t-il atteint ses limites ? Les nouvelles théories microéconomiques du travail, les études économétriques comparant les déterminants du chômage dans les pays de l'OCDE et les analyses régulationnistes du capitalisme japonais convergent pour caractériser les spécificités du rapport salarial japonais et leurs conséquences en matière d'ajustement de l'emploi, des horaires et de la rémunération salariale. À la flexibilité externe de la configuration fordienne s'oppose la flexibilité interne du système d'emploi japonais. Dans cette optique, il ressort que la crise des années quatre-vingt-dix ne marque pas nécessairement la fin de l'emploi à vie mais probablement une nouvelle phase d'adaptation du rapport salarial japonais.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 48 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.persee.fr/collection/reco|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Katharine G. Abraham & Susan N. Houseman, 1992.
"Job Security and Work Force Adjustment: How Different are U.S. and Japanese Practices?,"
Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,
in: Giorgio Galeazzi & Daniel Hamermesh (ed.), Dynamic Labor Demand and Adjustment Costs, pages 280-301
W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Abraham, Katharine G. & Houseman, Susan N., 1989. "Job security and work force adjustment: How different are U.S. and Japanese practices?," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 500-521, December.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Susan N. Houseman, 1993. "Job Security and Work Force Adjustment: How Different are U.S. and Japanese Practices?," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers, in: Christopher F. Buechtemann (ed.), Employment Security and Labor Market Behavior: Interdisciplinary Approaches and International Evidence, pages 180-199 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Susan N. Houseman, 1989. "Job Security and Work Force Adjustment: How Different are U.S. and Japanese Practices?," NBER Working Papers 3155, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Susan N. Houseman, "undated". "Job Security and Work Force adjustment: How Different are U.S. and Japanese Practices?," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles kgasnh1989, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Hashimoto, Mansanori, 1993. "Aspects of Labor Market Adjustments in Japan," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(1), pages 136-161, January.
- Freeman, Richard B. & Weitzman, Martin L., 1987.
"Bonuses and employment in Japan,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 168-194, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prs:reveco:reco_0035-2764_1997_num_48_3_409911. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Equipe PERSEE)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.