Haiti: Much Attention, No Results. Why Development Assistance Doesn’t Work
The present paper is an excerpt, with little adaptation, from the master thesis: “Project management’s contribution to international cooperation. How to make things work: ODA in Haiti” wrote under the coordination of Prof. Dr. Horst Brezinski from Technical University Freiberg Bergakademie and Prof. Dr. Eng.. Sabina Irimie from University of Petrosani, while benefiting from an Erasmus study scholarship at the first mentioned institution. It presents the case of Haiti, a small country facing big challenges and enjoying plenty of international attention especially due to the recent earthquake that struck the country at the beginning of 2010. The SWOT analysis inside the paper offers a detailed view of Haiti’s actual situation, identifying in the same time its problems and the variables that should be taken into consideration when designing programmes and projects targeting Haiti’s development.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David H. Bearce & Sawa Omori, 2005. "How Do Commercial Institutions Promote Peace?," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 42(6), pages 659-678, November.
- Leipziger, Danny M., 1983. "Lending versus giving: The economics of foreign assistance," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 329-335, April.
- Seema Jayachandran & Michael Kremer, 2006.
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(1), pages 82-92, March.
- Cordeiro, Jose Luis, 2008. "Constitutions around the world : A View from Latin America," IDE Discussion Papers 164, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Georg SÃ¸rensen, 1985. "Peace and Development: Looking for the Right Track," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 22(1), pages 69-77, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pet:annals:v:11:y:2011:i:3:p:167-176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Imola Driga)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.