FDIs in Spain after its EU Accession. Spanish Investments in Romania and How can be used Spanish Experience for Romania’s Development
It is an open question to what extent the accession countries will be able to benefit from an increase in the quality of FDI that they receive due to EU membership. The point here is that the benefits that accrued from EU membership to the countries that joined earlier are substantially attenuated for later entrants to the EU because of globalization. This paper will discuss the similarities between the economic structures of those two countries, the Spanish investments in Romania and how the Spanish experience after its EU accession could be used for Romania after 2007 when it acceded to EU, too.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rojas, Juan A., 2005.
"Life-cycle earnings, cohort size effects and social security: a quantitative exploration,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(2-3), pages 465-485, February.
- Juan A. Rojas, "undated". "Life-cycle Earnings Cohort Size Effects and Social Security. A Quantitative Exploration," Studies on the Spanish Economy 88, FEDEA.
- Altomonte, Carlo & Guagliano, Claudia, 2003. "Comparative study of FDI in Central and Eastern Europe and the Mediterranean," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 223-246, June.
- Breuss, Fritz & Egger, Peter & Pfaffermayr, Michael, 2001. "The impact of Agenda 2000's structural policy reform on FDI in the EU," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 807-820, October.
- Fritz Breuss & Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, "undated". "The Impact of Agenda 2000's Structural Policy Reform on FDI in the EU," WIFO Working Papers 150, WIFO.
- Kimberly A. Clausing & Cosmina L. Dorobantu, 2005. "Re-entering Europe: Does European Union candidacy boost foreign direct investment?," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 13(1), pages 77-103, 01.
- Ángel Gavilán & Pablo Hernández de Cos & Juan F. Jimeno & Juan A. Rojas, 2011. "Fiscal policy, structural reforms and external imbalances: a quantitative evaluation for Spain," Working Papers 1107, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Xose Rodriguez & Julio Pallas, 2008. "Determinants of foreign direct investment in Spain," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(19), pages 2443-2450.
- Aurora Galego & Carlos Vieira & Isabel Vieira, 2004. "The CEEC as FDI Attractors: A Menace to the EU Periphery?," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(5), pages 74-91, September.
- Aurora Galego & Carlos Vieira & Isabel Vieira, 2004. "The CEEC as FDI Attractors: A Menace to the EU Periphery?," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 40(5), pages 74-91, September.
- Christian Bellak & Rajneesh Narula, 2008. "EU enlargement and consequences for FDI assisted industrial development," Economics & Management Discussion Papers em-dp2008-69, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Narula, Rajneesh & Bellak, Christian, 2008. "EU enlargement and consequences for FDI assisted industrial development," MERIT Working Papers 067, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Mihaela Ioneci & Georgiana Mîndreci, 2010. "The Impact Of The Foreign Direct Investment On Romania’s Economy," Annals of the University of Petrosani, Economics, University of Petrosani, Romania, vol. 10(2), pages 199-206.
- M. Giulietti & S. Mccorriston & P. Osborne, 2004. "Foreign direct investment in the UK: evidence from a disaggregated panel of the UK food sector," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(7), pages 653-663.
- Garmel, Kateryna & Maliar, Lilia & Maliar, Serguei, 2008. "EU eastern enlargement and foreign investment: Implications from a neoclassical growth model," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 307-325, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pet:annals:v:11:y:2011:i:2:p:233-256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Imola Driga)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.