The deindustrialisation/tertiarisation hypothesis reconsidered: a subsystem application to the OECD7
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- S. Montresor & G. Vittucci Marzetti, 2008. "The deindustrialisation/tertiarisation hypothesis reconsidered: a subsystem application to the OECD7," Working Papers 622, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ramana Ramaswamy & Bob Rowthorn, 1997. "Deindustrialization; Causes and Implications," IMF Working Papers 97/42, International Monetary Fund.
- Sandro Montresor & Giuseppe Vittucci Marzetti, 2007. "Outsourcing and Structural Change: What Can Input-Output Analysis Say About It?," Economia politica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 43-78.
- George J. Stigler, 1947. "Trends in Employment," NBER Chapters,in: Trends in Output and Employment, pages 32-41 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Postner, Harry H, 1990. "The Contracting-Out Problem in Service Sector Analysis: Choice of Statistical Unit," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 36(2), pages 177-186, June.
- Michael Dietrich, 1999. "Explaining Economic Restructuring: An input-output analysis of organisational change in the European Union," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 219-240.
- W. W. Rostow, 1959. "The Stages Of Economic Growth," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 12(1), pages 1-16, August.
- Schettkat, Ronald & Yocarini, Lara, 2006. "The shift to services employment: A review of the literature," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 127-147, June.
- Victor R. Fuchs, 1965. "The Growing Importance of the Service Industries," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number fuch65-1.
- McCarthy, Ian & Anagnostou, Angela, 2004. "The impact of outsourcing on the transaction costs and boundaries of manufacturing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 61-71, March.
- G. Vittucci Marzetti, 2008. "Input-output data and service outsourcing. A reply to Dietrich, McCarthy and Anagnostou," Working Papers 621, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Wolff, Edward N, 1985.
"Industrial Composition, Interindustry Effects, and the U.S. Productivity Slowdown,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 67(2), pages 268-277, May.
- Wolff, Edward N., 1984. "Industrial Composition, Interindustry Effects, and the US Productivity Slowdown," Working Papers 84-09, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Roberto Scazzieri, 1990. "Vertical Integration in Economic Theory," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 20-46, September.
- Barbara Spencer, 2005.
"International outsourcing and incomplete contracts,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1107-1135, November.
- Barbara J. Spencer, 2005. "International Outsourcing and Incomplete Contracts," NBER Working Papers 11418, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oscar De Juan & Eladio Febrero, 2000. "Measuring Productivity from Vertically Integrated Sectors," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 65-82.
- Victor R. Fuchs, 1964. "Productivity Trends in the Goods and Service Sectors, 1929–61: A Preliminary Survey," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number fuch64-1.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard Kalis & Erika Stracova, 2017. "Input-Output Analysis of Deindustrialization and Outsourcing," Department of Economic Policy Working Paper Series 011, Department of Economic Policy, Faculty of National Economy, University of Economics in Bratislava.
- Heike Belitz, 2015. "Die Internationalisierung deutscher Industrieunternehmen," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 84(1), pages 103-120.
- S. Montresor & Vittucci & G. Marzetti, 2008. "Constructing intersectoral innovation diffusion networks with input-output: how to get relative flows? An illustrative application to six OECD technological systems for the middle '90s," Working Papers 649, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-17-00477 is not listed on IDEAS
- Massimiliano Mazzanti & Davide Antonioli & Francesco Nicolli & Marianna Gilli, 2013. "Information Technology, Environmental Innovations and Complementarity Strategies," Working Papers 2013132, University of Ferrara, Department of Economics.
- Valentina Meliciani & Maria Savona, 2015.
"The determinants of regional specialisation in business services: agglomeration economies, vertical linkages and innovation,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 15(2), pages 387-416.
- Valentina Meliciani & Maria Savona, 2011. "The Determinants of Regional Specialisation in Business Services: Agglomeration Economies, Vertical Linkages and Innovation," SPRU Working Paper Series 193, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Tommaso Ciarli & Valentina Meliciani & Maria Savona, 2012. "Knowledge Dynamics, Structural Change And The Geography Of Business Services," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(3), pages 445-467, July.
- Garbellini, Nadia, 2009. "Natural rates of profit, natural prices, and the actual economic systems - a theoretical framework," MPRA Paper 15941, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:streco:v:41:y:2017:i:c:p:53-63 is not listed on IDEAS
- Castellani, Davide & De Benedictis, Luca & Horgos, Daniel, 2013. "Can we really trust offshoring indices?," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 159-172.
- Garbellini, Nadia, 2010. "Structural Change and Economic Growth: Production in the Short Run — A generalisation in terms of vertically hyper-integrated sectors," MPRA Paper 25684, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cainelli, Giulio & Mazzanti, Massimiliano, 2013.
"Environmental innovations in services: Manufacturing–services integration and policy transmissions,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(9), pages 1595-1604.
- Giulio Cainelli & Massimiliano Mazzanti, 2012. "Environmental Innovations in Services. Manufacturing-Services Integration and Policy Transmissions," Working Papers 201208, University of Ferrara, Department of Economics.
- Giulio Cainelli & Andrea Fracasso & Giuseppe Vittucci Marzetti, 2015.
"Spatial agglomeration and productivity in Italy: A panel smooth transition regression approach,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94, pages 39-67, November.
- Giulio Cainelli & Andrea Fracasso & Giuseppe Vittucci Marzetti, 2012. "Spatial agglomeration and productivity in Italy: a panel smooth transition regression approach," Openloc Working Papers 1204, Public policies and local development.
- Andrea Ascani & Simona Iammarino, 2017. "Multinational enterprises, service outsourcing and regional structural change," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1724, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Sep 2017.
- Gordo, Laura Romeu & Skirbekk, Vegard, 2013. "Skill demand and the comparative advantage of age: Jobs tasks and earnings from the 1980s to the 2000s in Germany," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 61-69.
- Garbellini, Nadia & Wirkierman, Ariel Luis, 2014. "Blocks and circularity in labour requirements: An interplay between clusters and subsystems in the EU," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 60-74.
- Rinaldo Evangelista & Maria Savona, 2010. "Innovation and Employment in Services," Chapters,in: The Handbook of Innovation and Services, chapter 16 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Daria Ciriaci & Sandro Montresor & Daniela Palma, 2013. "Do KIBS make manufacturing more innovative? An empirical investigation for four European countries," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2013-04, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:cambje:v:35:y:2011:i:2:p:401-421. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: https://academic.oup.com/cje .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.