On Estimating Marginal Tax Rates for U.S. States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sergio, 1993.
"Marginal income tax rates and economic growth in developing countries,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 409-417, April.
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sergio, 1992. "Marginal income tax rates and economic growth in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1050, The World Bank.
- Zsolt Becsi, 1996. "Do state and local taxes affect relative state growth?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Mar, pages 18-36.
- Feldstein, Martin, 2002. "The Transformation of Public Economics Research: 1970-2000," Scholarly Articles 2797442, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Merriman, David & Skidmore, Mark, 2000. "Did Distortionary Sales Taxation Contribute to the Growth of the Service Sector?," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 53(1), pages 125-142, March.
- Emmanuel Saez & Joel Slemrod & Seth H. Giertz, 2012.
"The Elasticity of Taxable Income with Respect to Marginal Tax Rates: A Critical Review,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 50(1), pages 3-50, March.
- Emmanuel Saez & Joel B. Slemrod & Seth H. Giertz, 2009. "The Elasticity of Taxable Income with Respect to Marginal Tax Rates: A Critical Review," NBER Working Papers 15012, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feldstein, Martin, 2002. "The transformation of public economics research: 1970-2000," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(3), pages 319-326, December.
- Daniel Feenberg & Elisabeth Coutts, 1993. "An introduction to the TAXSIM model," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(1), pages 189-194.
- Padovano, Fabio & Galli, Emma, 2002. "Comparing the growth effects of marginal vs. average tax rates and progressivity," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 529-544, September.
- Merriman, David & Skidmore, Mark, 2000. "Did Distortionary Sales Taxation Contribute to the Growth of the Service Sector?," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 53(n. 1), pages 125-42, March.
- Nichols, Mark W. & Tosun, Mehmet Serkan, 2008. "The Income Elasticity of Gross Casino Revenues: Short–Run and Long–Run Estimates," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 61(4), pages 635-652, December.
- Skidmore, Mark, 1999. "Tax and Expenditure Limitations and the Fiscal Relationships between State and Local Governments," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 99(1-2), pages 77-102, April.
- John Creedy & Norman Gemmell, 2004. "The Income Elasticity of Tax Revenue: Estimates for Income and Consumption Taxes in the United Kingdom," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 25(1), pages 55-77, March.
- Sobel, Russell S. & Holcombe, Randall G., 1996. "Measuring the Growth and Variability of Tax Bases Over the Business Cycle," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 49(4), pages 535-552, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John D. Merrifield & Barry W. Poulson, 2016. "A Dynamic Scoring Simulation Analysis of How TEL Design Choices Impact Government Expansion," Journal of Economic and Financial Studies (JEFS), LAR Center Press, vol. 4(2), pages 60-68, April.
- Richard Funderburg & Timothy J. Bartik & Alan H. Peters & Peter S. Fisher, 2013.
"The Impact Of Marginal Business Taxes On State Manufacturing,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(4), pages 557-582, October.
- Richard Funderburg & Timothy J. Bartik & Alan H. Peters, "undated". "The Impact of Marginal Business Taxes on State Manufacturing," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles fbpfjrs, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Minniti, Antonio & Venturini, Francesco, 2017. "The long-run growth effects of R&D policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 316-326.
- John Merrifield & Barry W. Poulson, 2014. "State Fiscal Policies for Budget Stabilization and Economic Growth: A Dynamic Scoring Analysis," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 34(1), pages 47-81, Winter.
- Creedy, John & Gemmell, Norman, 2014. "Measuring Revenue-Maximising Elasticities of Taxable Income: Evidence for the US Income Tax," Working Paper Series 3137, Victoria University of Wellington, Chair in Public Finance.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ntj:journl:v:64:y:2011:i:1:p:59-84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ann Crampton). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ntaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.