Tax and Expenditure Limitations and the Fiscal Relationships between State and Local Governments
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Skidmore, Mark & Ballard, Charles L. & Hodge, Timothy R., 2010. "Property Value Assessment Growth Limits and Redistribution of Property Tax Payments: Evidence From Michigan," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 63(3), pages 509-537, September.
- Yakovlev, Pavel & Tosun, Mehmet S. & Lewis, William P., 2012. "Legislative Term Limits and State Aid to Local Governments," IZA Discussion Papers 6456, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:ers:journl:v:volumexxi:y:2018:i:issue4:p:317-330 is not listed on IDEAS
- Saeid Mahdavi & Joakim Westerlund, 2008. "The Tax Spending Nexus: Evidence from a Panel of US State-Local Governments," Working Papers 0045, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Benin, Samuel, 2012.
"Do External Grants to District Governments Discourage Own Revenue Generation? A Look at Local Public Finance Dynamics in Ghana,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 1054-1067.
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Benin, Samuel & Cudjoe, Godsway, 2009. "Do external grants to district governments discourage own-revenue generation?: A look at local public finance dynamics in Ghana," IFPRI discussion papers 934, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Westerlund, Joakim & Mahdavi, Saeid & Firoozi, Fathali, 2011.
"The tax-spending nexus: Evidence from a panel of US state-local governments,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 885-890, May.
- Westerlund, Joakim & Mahdavi, Saeid, 2009. "The Tax-Spending Nexus: Evidence from a Panel of US State- Local Governments," Working Papers in Economics 378, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Justin M. Ross & Madeline Farrell & Lang Kate Yang, 2015. "Indiana's Property Tax Caps: Old Idea, New Approach, and Surprising Incentives," Public Budgeting & Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 18-41, December.
- Raúl Alberto Ponce Rodríguez, 2009. "Political institutions and tax rate initiatives," Ensayos Revista de Economia, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Facultad de Economia, vol. 0(2), pages 65-94, November.
- Mark Skidmore & William Dyar, 2015. "Diminishing Health, Rising Health Care Costs and Long-run Growth in Local Government Spending," CESifo Working Paper Series 5646, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lars-Erik Borge & Jørn Rattsø, 2001. "Income Distribution and Tax Structure: Microeconomic Test of the Meltzer-Richard Hypothesis," CESifo Working Paper Series 543, CESifo Group Munich.
- Borge, Lars-Erik, 2000. "Charging for public services: the case of utilities in Norwegian local governments," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 703-718, December.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:106:y:2018:i:c:p:173-186 is not listed on IDEAS
- Borge, Lars-Erik & Rattso, J.Jorn, 2004. "Income distribution and tax structure: Empirical test of the Meltzer-Richard hypothesis," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 805-826, August.
- Reed, W. Robert & Rogers, Cynthia L & Skidmore, Mark, 2011. "On Estimating Marginal Tax Rates for U.S. States," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 64(1), pages 59-84, March.
- Springer, Job D. & Lusby, Aaron K. & Leatherman, John C. & Featherstone, Allen M., 2007. "Property Tax Lids and the Effect on Kansas," 2007 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2007, Mobile, Alabama 34887, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- repec:spr:ecogov:v:19:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10101-017-0198-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- W. Robert Reed & Cynthia L. Rogers & Mark Skidmore, 2008. "On Estimating Marginal Tax Rates and Tax Progressivities for U.S. States," Working Papers in Economics 08/17, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- William F. Blankenau & Mark L. Skidmore, 2004. "School Finance Litigation, Tax and Expenditure Limitations, and Education Spending," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(1), pages 127-143, January.
- Takaaki Masaki, 2016. "The impact of intergovernmental transfers on local revenue generation in Africa Evidence from Tanzania," WIDER Working Paper Series 113, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Steven Deller & Judith I. Stallmann & Lindsay Amiel, 2012. "The Impact of State and Local Tax and Expenditure Limitations on State Economic Growth," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 56-84, March.
- George A. Krause & David E. Lewis & James W. Douglas, 2013. "Politics Can Limit Policy Opportunism in Fiscal Institutions: Evidence from Official General Fund Revenue Forecasts in the American States," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(2), pages 271-295, March.
- Timothy R. Hodge & Mark Skidmore & Gary Sands & Daniel McMillen, 2013. "Tax Base Erosion and Inequity from Michigan's Assessment Growth Limit: The Case of Detroit," CESifo Working Paper Series 4098, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:99:y:1999:i:1-2:p:77-102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.