In Search of Lost Profiles: The Reliability of VKontakte Data and Its Importance for Educational Research
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alexander Krasilnikov & Maria Semenova, 2014. "Do Social Networks Help to Improve Student Academic Performance? The Case of Vk.com and Russian Students," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(2), pages 718-733.
- Valeria Ivaniushina & Daniil Alexandrov, 2013. "Anti-School Culture and Social Networks in Schools," Voprosy obrazovaniya / Educational Studies Moscow, National Research University Higher School of Economics, issue 2, pages 233-251.
- Mathieu Jacomy & Tommaso Venturini & Sebastien Heymann & Mathieu Bastian, 2014. "ForceAtlas2, a Continuous Graph Layout Algorithm for Handy Network Visualization Designed for the Gephi Software," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 9(6), pages 1-12, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kotyrlo , Elena, 2017. "Social network sites: What users post and to whom they address. Some approaches to the study," Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 47, pages 74-99.
- Katerina Polivanova & Ivan Smirnov, 2017. "What's in My Profile: VKontakte Data as a Tool for Studying the Interests of Modern Teenagers," Voprosy obrazovaniya / Educational Studies Moscow, National Research University Higher School of Economics, issue 2, pages 134-152.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gong, Chen & Tang, Pan & Wang, Yutong, 2019. "Measuring the network connectedness of global stock markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 535(C).
- Gomez-Gonzalez, Jose E. & Hirs-Garzón, Jorge & Sanín-Restrepo, Sebastián, 2021.
"Dynamic relations between oil and stock markets: Volatility spillovers, networks and causality,"
International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 37-50.
- Jose E. Gomez-Gonzalez & Jorge Hirs-Garzón & Sebastián Sanín-Restrepo, 2021. "Dynamic relations between oil and stock markets: Volatility spillovers, networks and causality," International Economics, CEPII research center, issue 165, pages 37-50.
- Jose Eduardo Gomez-Gonzalez & Jorge Hirs-Garzon & Sebastian Sanin-Restrepo, 2018. "Dynamic relations between oil and stock markets: Volatility spillovers, networks and causality," Borradores de Economia 1051, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Glötzl, Florentin & Aigner, Ernest, 2015. "Pluralism in the Market of Science? A citation network analysis of economic research at universities in Vienna," Ecological Economic Papers 5, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Martin, Drew & Palakshappa, Nitha & Woodside, Arch, 2019. "Consumer metaphoria: Uncovering the automaticity of animal, product/brand, and country meanings," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 113-125.
- Kamil Yilmaz, 2018. "Bank Volatility Connectedness in South East Asia," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1807, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Nicola Melluso & Andrea Bonaccorsi & Filippo Chiarello & Gualtiero Fantoni, 2021. "Rapid detection of fast innovation under the pressure of COVID-19," Papers 2102.00197, arXiv.org.
- Yan, Weiwei & Zhang, Yin, 2018. "Research universities on the ResearchGate social networking site: An examination of institutional differences, research activity level, and social networks formed," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 385-400.
- Watanabe, Nicholas M. & Kim, Jiyeon & Park, Joohyung, 2021. "Social network analysis and domestic and international retailers: An investigation of social media networks of cosmetic brands," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 58(C).
- Paflioti, Persa & Vitsounis, Thomas K. & Teye, Collins & Bell, Michael G.H. & Tsamourgelis, Ioannis, 2017. "Box dynamics: A sectoral approach to analyse containerized port throughput interdependencies," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 396-413.
- Mert Demirer & Francis X. Diebold & Laura Liu & Kamil Yilmaz, 2018.
"Estimating global bank network connectedness,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Mert Demirer & Francis X. Diebold & Laura Liu & Kamil Yilmaz, 2015. "Estimating Global Bank Network Connectedness," PIER Working Paper Archive 15-025, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania, revised 25 Jul 2015.
- Mert Demirer & Francis X. Diebold & Laura Liu & Kamil Yılmaz, 2017. "Estimating Global Bank Network Connectedness," NBER Working Papers 23140, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mert Demirer & Francis X. Diebold & Laura Liu & Kamil Yilmaz, 2015. "Estimating Global Bank Network Connectedness," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1512, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- John Spray & Sebastian Wolf, 2017. "Industries without smokestacks in Uganda and Rwanda," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2017-12, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Debnath, Ramit & Bardhan, Ronita & Reiner, David M. & Miller, J.R., 2021. "Political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental dimensions of electric vehicle adoption in the United States: A social-media interaction analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 152(C).
- Blumenstock, Joshua & Callen, Michael & Ghani, Tarek, 2016. "Mobile-izing Savings with Automatic Contributions: Experimental Evidence on Present Bias and Default Effects in Afghanistan," CEPR Discussion Papers 11400, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Baccini, Federica & Barabesi, Lucio & Baccini, Alberto & Khelfaoui, Mahdi & Gingras, Yves, 2022. "Similarity network fusion for scholarly journals," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1).
- Gomez-Gonzalez, Jose Eduardo & Hirs-Garzon, Jorge & Uribe, Jorge M., 2020. "Spillovers beyond the variance: exploring the natural gas and oil higher order risk linkages with the global financial markets," Working papers 46, Red Investigadores de Economía.
- Chen, Yanhua & Li, Youwei & Pantelous, Athanasios A. & Stanley, H. Eugene, 2022.
"Short-run disequilibrium adjustment and long-run equilibrium in the international stock markets: A network-based approach,"
International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 79(C).
- Chen, Yanhua & Li, Youwei & Pantelous, Athanasios & Stanley, Eugene, 2020. "Short-run disequilibrium adjustment and long-run equilibrium in the international stock markets: A network-based approach," MPRA Paper 101700, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francis X. Diebold & Kamil Yilmaz, 2022. "On the Past, Present, and Future of the Diebold-Yilmaz Approach to Dynamic Network Connectedness," Papers 2211.04184, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2023.
- Koch, Philipp & Schwarzbauer, Wolfgang, 2021. "Yet another space: Why the Industry Space adds value to the understanding of structural change and economic development," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 198-213.
- Bostanci, Gorkem & Yilmaz, Kamil, 2020.
"How connected is the global sovereign credit risk network?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 113(C).
- Gorkem Bostanci & Kamil Yilmaz, 2015. "How Connected is the Global Sovereign Credit Risk Network?," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1515, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Colavizza, Giovanni & Franssen, Thomas & van Leeuwen, Thed, 2019. "An empirical investigation of the tribes and their territories: Are research specialisms rural and urban?," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 105-117.
More about this item
Keywordssocial network analysis; social network sites; V K; data reliability; friendship networks; academic achievement; school;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nos:voprob:2016:i:4:p:106-122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://vo.hse.ru/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Marta Morozova (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://vo.hse.ru/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.