Diaspora Marketing Revisited: The nexus of entrepreneurs and consumers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ibrahim Sirkeci, 2013. "Transnational Marketing and Transnational Consumers," SpringerBriefs in Business, Springer, edition 127, number 978-3-642-36775-5, December.
- Ibrahim Sirkeci, 2016. "Transnational Döner Kebab taking over the UK," Transnational Marketing Journal, Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 4(2), pages 143-158, October.
- Kate Gillespie & Liesl Riddle & Edward Sayre & David Sturges, 1999. "Diaspora Interest in Homeland Investment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(3), pages 623-634, September.
- Hatzigeorgiou Andreas, 2010. "Migration as Trade Facilitation: Assessing the Links between International Trade and Migration," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-35, March.
- Peter Nijkamp & Masood Gheasi & Piet Rietveld, 2011.
"Migrants and International Economic Linkages: A Meta-Overview,"
Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(4), pages 359-376, July.
- Masood Gheasi & Peter Nijkamp & Piet Rietveld, 2011. "Migrants and International Economic Linkages: A Meta-Overview," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-147/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Ibrahim Sirkeci & Andrej Přívara, 2017. "Cost of Sending Remittances from the UK in the Aftermath of the Financial Crisis," Remittances Review, Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 2(1), pages 47-56, May.
- Hoang, Ha & Antoncic, Bostjan, 2003. "Network-based research in entrepreneurship: A critical review," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 165-187, March.
- Sonderegger, Petra & Täube, Florian, 2010. "Cluster life cycle and diaspora effects: Evidence from the Indian IT cluster in Bangalore," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 383-397, December.
- Hung, Kam & Xiao, Honggen & Yang, Xiaotao, 2013. "Why immigrants travel to their home places: Social capital and acculturation perspective," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 304-313.
- Masud Chand, 2012. "Diasporas, migration, and trade: the Indian diaspora in North America," Journal of Enterprising Communities: People and Places in the Global Economy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(4), pages 383-396, October.
- Klaus F. Zimmermann, 1995. "Tackling the European Migration Problems," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 45-62, Spring.
- Riddle, Liesl & Hrivnak, George A. & Nielsen, Tjai M., 2010. "Transnational diaspora entrepreneurship in emerging markets: Bridging institutional divides," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 398-411, December.
- Seema Sangita, 2013. "The Effect of Diasporic Business Networks on International Trade Flows," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(2), pages 266-280, May.
- Maria Elo, 2016. "Typology of diaspora entrepreneurship: Case studies in Uzbekistan," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 121-155, March.
- Jonathan Levie, 2007. "Immigration, In-Migration, Ethnicity and Entrepreneurship in the United Kingdom," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 143-169, March.
- Davidsson, Per & Honig, Benson, 2003. "The role of social and human capital among nascent entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 301-331, May.
- Pinar Yazgan & Deniz Eroglu Utku & Ibrahim Sirkeci, 2015. "Syrian Crisis and Migration," Migration Letters, Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 12(3), pages 181-192, September.
- Xiaohua Lin & Shaw Tao, 2012. "Transnational entrepreneurs: Characteristics, drivers, and success factors," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 50-69, March.
- Tiia Vissak & Xiaotian Zhang, 2014. "Chinese immigrant entrepreneurs’ involvement in internationalization and innovation: Three Canadian cases," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 183-201, June.
- S. Ram Vemuri, 2014. "Formation of Diaspora Entrepreneurs," ZenTra Working Papers in Transnational Studies 41 / 2014, ZenTra - Center for Transnational Studies.
- Nir Kshetri, 2013. "The Diaspora As A Change Agent In Entrepreneurship-Related Institutions In Sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship (JDE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 18(03), pages 1-27.
- JÃ¸rgen Carling, 2017. "Visualizing the transnational connections of Chinaâ€™s most African neighbourhood," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 49(6), pages 1209-1213, June.
- Wim Naudé & Melissa Siegel & Katrin Marchand, 2017. "Migration, entrepreneurship and development: critical questions," IZA Journal of Migration and Development, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 6(1), pages 1-16, December.
- Sirkeci, Ibrahim & Cohen, Jeffrey H., 2016. "Cultures of Migration and Conflict in Contemporary Human Mobility in Turkey," European Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(3), pages 381-396, July.
- Petra Sonderegger & Florian Taübe, 2010. "Cluster life cycle and diaspora effects: Evidence from the Indian IT cluster in Bangalore," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/206767, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Daniel Z Levin & Helena Barnard, 2013. "Connections to distant knowledge: Interpersonal ties between more- and less-developed countries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 44(7), pages 676-698, September.
More about this item
KeywordsDiaspora marketing; diaspora entrepreneurship; social capital; national identities; nostalgia consumption;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mig:tmjrnl:v:6:y:2018:i:2:p:139-157. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (TPLondon). General contact details of provider: https://www.tplondon.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.