Immigration, In-Migration, Ethnicity and Entrepreneurship in the United Kingdom
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mesch, Gustavo S. & Czamanski, Daniel, 1997. "Occupational closure and immigrant entrepreneurship: Russian Jews in Israel," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 597-610.
- Wagner, Joachim, 2004. "Nascent Entrepreneurs," IZA Discussion Papers 1293, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Büchel, Felix & Frick, Joachim R., 2000. "The Income Portfolio of Immigrants in Germany - Effects of Ethnic Origin and Assimilation Or: Who Gains from Income Re-Distribution?," IZA Discussion Papers 125, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1979. "Job Matching and the Theory of Turnover," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 972-990, October.
- King, Gary & Zeng, Langche, 2001. "Explaining Rare Events in International Relations," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 55(03), pages 693-715, June.
- Paul D. Reynolds & Nancy M. Carter & William B. Gartner & Patricia G. Greene, 2004. "The Prevalence of Nascent Entrepreneurs in the United States: Evidence from the Panel Study of Entrepreneurial Dynamics," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 263-284, November.
- Paul Frijters & Michael A. Shields & Stephen Wheatley Price, 2005. "Job Search Methods and Their Success: A Comparison of Immigrants and Natives in the UK," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(507), pages 359-376, November.
- Glover, Stephen & Gott, Ceri & Loizillon, Anaïs & Portes, Jonathan & Price, Richard & Spencer, Sarah & Srinivasan, Vasanthi & Willis, Carole, 2001. "Migration: an economic and social analysis," MPRA Paper 75900, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Geroski, P. A., 1995. "What do we know about entry?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 421-440, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Stuetzer & Martin Obschonka & Udo Brixy & Rolf Sternberg & Uwe Cantner, 2014.
"Regional characteristics, opportunity perception and entrepreneurial activities,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 221-244, February.
- Stuetzer, Michael & Obschonka, Martin & Brixy, Udo & Sternberg, Rolf & Cantner, Uwe, 2013. "Regional characteristics, opportunity perception and entrepreneurial activities," MPRA Paper 48277, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nathan, Max, 2013.
"The Wider Economic Impacts of High-Skilled Migrants: A Survey of the Literature,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7653, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dr Max Nathan, 2013. "The wider economic impacts of high-skilled migrants: a survey of the literature," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 413, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Vandor, Peter & Franke, Nikolaus, 2016. "See Paris and… found a business? The impact of cross-cultural experience on opportunity recognition capabilities," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 388-407.
- Theodore Lianos & Anastasia Pseiridis, 2009. "On the occupational choices of return migrants," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 155-181, March.
- Nadia Simoes & Nuno Crespo & Sandrina B. Moreira, 2016.
"Individual Determinants Of Self-Employment Entry: What Do We Really Know?,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 783-806, September.
- Simoes, Nadia & Moreira, Sandrina B. & Crespo, Nuno, 2013. "Individual Determinants of Self-Employment Entry – What Do We Really Know?," MPRA Paper 48403, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:gem:wpaper:1201 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huggins Robert & Thompson Piers, 2012. "Entrepreneurship and Community Culture: A Place-Based Study of Their Interdependency," Entrepreneurship Research Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-36, January.
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:48:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11187-016-9796-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sierdjan Koster & Charlie Karlsson, 2010.
"New Firm Formation and Economic Development in a Globalizing Economy,"
Chapters,in: Entrepreneurship and Regional Development, chapter 3
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Koster, Sierdjan & Karlsson, Charlie, 2009. "New Firm Formation and Economic Development in a Globalizing Economy," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 167, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Bruder, Jana & Neuberger, Doris & Räthke-Döppner, Solvig, 2008. "Financial constraints of ethnic entrepreneurship: Evidence from Germany," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 84, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Clark, Ken & Drinkwater, Stephen & Robinson, Catherine, 2015.
"Self?Employment amongst Migrant Groups in England and Wales: New Evidence from Census Microdata,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9539, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ken Clark & Stephen Drinkwater & Catherine Robinson, 2016. "Self-Employment Amongst Migrant Groups in England and Wales: New Evidence from Census Microdata," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1605, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Mediha Sahin & Alina Todiras & Peter Nijkamp & Enno Masurel, 2012. "Economic performance of migrant entrepreneurs in the high-tech sector: design and application of the GALAXY model," Chapters,in: Migration Impact Assessment, chapter 7, pages 227-260 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dimitratos, Pavlos & Buck, Trevor & Fletcher, Margaret & Li, Nicolas, 2016. "The motivation of international entrepreneurship: The case of Chinese transnational entrepreneurs," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 1103-1113.
- Muhammad Naveed Anwar & Elizabeth M. Daniel, 2017. "Ethnic entrepreneurs and online home-based businesses: an exploratory study," Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research, Springer;UNESCO Chair in Entrepreneurship, vol. 7(1), pages 1-21, December.
- Chantal Hartog & Brigitte Hoogendoorn & Sophie Bacq & Jan Lepoutre, 2011. "Social and commercial entrepreneurship: Exploring individual and organizational characteristics," Scales Research Reports H201110, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Obschonka, Martin & Stuetzer, Michael & Gosling, Samuel D. & Rentfrow, Peter J. & Lamb, Michael E. & Potter, Jeff & Audretsch, David B., 2015.
"Entrepreneurial Regions: do macro-psychological Cultural Characteristics of Regions help solve the “Knowledge Paradox” of Economics?,"
65202, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Obschonka, Martin & Stuetzer, Michael & Gosling, Samuel D. & Rentfrow, Peter J. & Lamb, Michael E. & Potter, Jeff & Audretsch, David B., 2015. "Entrepreneurial Regions: Do Macro-psychological Cultural Characteristics of Regions help solve the “Knowledge Paradox” of Economics?," MPRA Paper 65323, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ilhan-Nas, Tulay & Sahin, Kader & Cilingir, Zuhal, 2011. "International ethnic entrepreneurship: Antecedents, outcomes and environmental context," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 614-626.
- Ken Clark & Stephen Drinkwater & Catherine Robinson, 2017. "Self-employment amongst migrant groups: new evidence from England and Wales," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 1047-1069, April.
- Isidoro Romero & Zhikun Yu, 2015. "Analyzing the influence of social capital on self-employment: a study of Chinese immigrants," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 54(3), pages 877-899, May.
- Kim, Younghwan & Kim, Wonjoon & Yang, Taeyong, 2012. "The effect of the triple helix system and habitat on regional entrepreneurship: Empirical evidence from the U.S," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 154-166.
- Claudia Álvarez & David Urbano & José Amorós, 2014. "GEM research: achievements and challenges," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 445-465, March.
More about this item
Keywordsentrepreneurship; migration; ethnicity; immigration; F22; J15; M13; O18; O52; L26.;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- O52 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:sbusec:v:28:y:2007:i:2:p:143-169. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .