The Competitive Advantage of Incumbents: Evidence from Newly Liberalized Banking Industries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Demirguc, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1999.
"Determinants of Commercial Bank Interest Margins and Profitability: Some International Evidence,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 379-408, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1998. "Determinants of commercial bank interest margins and profitability : some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1900, The World Bank.
- Bonin, John P. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel, Paul, 2005.
"Bank performance, efficiency and ownership in transition countries,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 31-53, January.
- Bonin, John P. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel, Paul, 2004. "Bank performance, efficiency and ownership in transition countries," BOFIT Discussion Papers 7/2004, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Hans Degryse & Steven Ongena, 2005.
"Distance, Lending Relationships, and Competition,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 60(1), pages 231-266, February.
- Hans Degryse & Steven Ongena, 2002. "Distance, Lending Relationships, and Competition," CSEF Working Papers 80, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Degryse, H.A. & Ongena, S., 2003. "Distance, Lending Relationships, and Competition," Discussion Paper 2003-123, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Degryse, H.A. & Ongena, S., 2002. "Distance, Lending Relationships and Competition," Discussion Paper 2002-16, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Viral V. Acharya & Iftekhar Hasan & Anthony Saunders, 2002. "Should banks be diversified? evidence from individual bank portfolios," Proceedings 836, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Ben Craig & Valeriya Dinger, 2009.
"Bank Mergers and the Dynamics of Deposit Interest Rates,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 36(2), pages 111-133, December.
- Ben R. Craig & Valeriya Dinger, 2008. "Bank mergers and the dynamics of deposit interest rates," Working Papers (Old Series) 0806, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 01 Feb 2009.
- Ben R. Craig & Valeriya Dinger, 2008. "Bank mergers and the dynamics of deposit interest rates," Proceedings 1093, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Craig, Ben R. & Dinger, Valeriya, 2008. "Bank mergers and the dynamics of deposit interest rates," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2008,02, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Tim S. Campbell, 1987. "The valuation cost approach to the theory of financial intermediation," Proceedings 169, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Dittus, Peter & Prowse, Stephen, 1995. "Corporate control in Central Europe and Russia : should banks own shares?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1481, The World Bank.
- Gara Afonso & Anna Kovner & Antoinette Schoar, 2011.
"Stressed, Not Frozen: The Federal Funds Market in the Financial Crisis,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 66(4), pages 1109-1139, August.
- Gara M. Afonso & Anna Kovner & Antoinette Schoar, 2010. "Stressed, not frozen: the Federal Funds market in the financial crisis," Staff Reports 437, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Viral V. Acharya & Iftekhar Hasan & Anthony Saunders, 2006.
"Should Banks Be Diversified? Evidence from Individual Bank Loan Portfolios,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(3), pages 1355-1412, May.
- Iftekhar Hasan & Anthony Saunders & Viral V. Acharya, 2002. "Should banks be diversified? Evidence from individual bank loan portfolios," BIS Working Papers 118, Bank for International Settlements.
- Anderson, Ronald W. & Kegels, Chantal, 1998. "Transition Banking: Financial Development of Central and Eastern Europe," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198290131.
- Coccorese, Paolo, 2005. "Competition in markets with dominant firms: A note on the evidence from the Italian banking industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1083-1093, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lars Norden & Martin Weber, 2010. "Funding Modes of German Banks: Structural Changes and their Implications," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 38(2), pages 69-93, December.
- Valeriya Dinger & Jürgen Von Hagen, 2009.
"Does Interbank Borrowing Reduce Bank Risk?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(2-3), pages 491-506, March.
- Dinger, Valeriya & Hagen, Jürgen von, 2007. "Does Interbank Borrowing Reduce Bank Risk?," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 223, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Dinger, Valeriya & von Hagen, Jürgen, 2008. "Does Interbank Borrowing Reduce Bank Risk?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6635, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paolo Coccorese & Giovanni Ferri, 2017. "Is Competition Among Cooperative Banks a Negative Sum Game?," CERBE Working Papers wpC19, CERBE Center for Relationship Banking and Economics.
More about this item
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mhr:jinste:urn:sici:0932-4569(201112)167:4_578:tcaoie_2.0.tx_2-k. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Wolpert). General contact details of provider: https://www.mohrsiebeck.com/jite .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.