Monetary Policy and Banking Structure
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stacey L. Schreft & Bruce D. Smith, 1998.
"The Effects of Open Market Operations in a Model of Intermediation and Growth,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 65(3), pages 519-550.
- Stacey L. Schreft & Bruce D. Smith, 1994. "The effects of open market operations in a model of intermediation and growth," Working Paper 94-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Stacey L. Schreft & Bruce D. Smith, 1997. "The effects of open market operations in a model of intermediation and growth," Research Working Paper 97-03, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Stacey L. Schreft & Bruce D. Smith, 1995. "The effects of open market operations in a model of intermediation and growth," Working Papers 562, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- de la Grandville,Olivier, 2009. "Economic Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521725200, December.
- Bruce D. Smith & Beatrix Paal & Ke Wang, 2005. "Monopoly versus Competition in Banking: Some Implications for Growth and Welfare," 2005 Meeting Papers 435, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 2000. "Financial structure and bank profitability," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2430, The World Bank.
- de la Grandville,Olivier, 2009. "Economic Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521898010, December.
- Demirguc, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1999.
"Determinants of Commercial Bank Interest Margins and Profitability: Some International Evidence,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 379-408, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1998. "Determinants of commercial bank interest margins and profitability : some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1900, The World Bank.
- Schreft, Stacey L. & Smith, Bruce D., 1997. "Money, Banking, and Capital Formation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 157-182, March.
- Bhattacharya, Joydeep & Haslag, Joseph & Martin, Antoine, 2009. "Optimal monetary policy and economic growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 210-221, February.
- Townsend, Robert M, 1987. "Economic Organization with Limited Communication," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 954-971, December.
- Gomis-Porqueras, Pere & Smith, Bruce D., 2003. "Seasonality And Monetary Policy," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(4), pages 477-502, September.
- Bruce Champ & Bruce D. Smith & Stephen D. Williamson, 1996.
"Currency Elasticity and Banking Panics: Theory and Evidence,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(4), pages 828-864, November.
- Champ, B. & Snith, B.D. & Williamson, D.S., 1991. "Currency Elasticity and Banking Panics: Theory and Evidence," RCER Working Papers 292, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Champ, B. & Smith, B.D., 1991. "Currency Elasticity and Banking Panics: theory and Evidence," University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations Working Papers 9109, University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations.
- Mark G. Guzman, 2000.
"Bank structure, capital accumulation and growth: a simple macroeconomic model,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 16(2), pages 421-455.
- Guzman, Mark G., 1999. "Bank structure, capital accumulation and growth: a simple macroeconomic model," Working Papers 9907, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, revised 01 Mar 2000.
- Edgar A. Ghossoub & Thanarak Laosuthi & Robert R. Reed, 2012.
"The role of financial sector competition for monetary policy,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 45(1), pages 270-287, February.
- Edgar A. Ghossoub & Robert Reed & Thanarak Laosuthi, 2008. "The Role of Financial Sector Competition for Monetary Policy," Working Papers 0069, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eisei Ohtaki, 2013. "Asymmetric Liquidity Shocks and Optimality of the Freidman Rule," Working Papers e58, Tokyo Center for Economic Research.
- Varelas, Erotokritos, 2014. "Bank Industry Structure and Public Debt," MPRA Paper 58437, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Soldatos, Gerasimos T. & Varelas, Erotokritos, 2014. "The Chicago Tradition and Commercial Bank Seigniorage," MPRA Paper 57721, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:joecth:v:67:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1007_s00199-017-1086-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Franz Seitz & Markus A. Schmidt, 2014.
"Money In Modern Macro Models: A Review of the Arguments,"
Journal of Reviews on Global Economics,
Lifescience Global, vol. 3, pages 156-174.
- Seitz, Franz & Schmidt, Markus A., 2014. "Money in modern macro models: A review of the arguments," Weidener Diskussionspapiere 37, University of Applied Sciences Amberg-Weiden (OTH).
- Erotokritos Varelas, 2015. "Number of Banks, Public Debt, and Workable Competition," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 5, pages 41-51, February.
- Ghossoub, Edgar A. & Reed, Robert R., 2015. "The size distribution of the banking sector and the effects of monetary policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 156-176.
- Eisei Ohtaki, 2016. "Optimality of the Friedman rule under ambiguity," Working Papers e103, Tokyo Center for Economic Research.
- Tetsuo Ono, 2018. "Fiscal Rules in a Monetary Economy: Implications for Growth and Welfare," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 18-27, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics.
- Edgar A. Ghossoub, 2013. "Banking Competition: Implications for Welfare and Monetary Policy," Working Papers 0182eco, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcb:jmoncb:v:43:y:2011:i:6:p:1109-1129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.