Bank Industry Structure and Public Debt
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Xiaolan Zheng & Sadok El Ghoul & Omrane Guedhami & Chuck C Y Kwok, 2013. "Collectivism and corruption in bank lending," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 44(4), pages 363-390, May.
- Robert G. King & Ross Levine, 1993. "Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-737.
- Besanko, David & Kanatas, George, 1993. "Credit Market Equilibrium with Bank Monitoring and Moral Hazard," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(1), pages 213-232.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Jean Tirole, 1998.
"Private and Public Supply of Liquidity,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(1), pages 1-40, February.
- Holmstrom, B & Tirole, J, 1996. "Private and Public Supply of Liquidity," Working papers 96-21, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Jean Tirole, 1996. "Private and Public Supply of Liquidity," NBER Working Papers 5817, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1997. "Liquidity, Banks, and Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(5), pages 928-956, October.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Joshua Kirkwood & Daehoon Nahm, 2006.
"Australian Banking Efficiency and Its Relation to Stock Returns,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(258), pages 253-267, September.
- Joshua Kirkwood & Daehoon Nahm, 2005. "Australian Banking Efficiency and its Relation to Stock Returns," Research Papers 0508, Macquarie University, Department of Economics.
- Thakor, Anjan V., 1996. "The design of financial systems: An overview," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 917-948, June.
- Xavier Freixas & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2008. "Microeconomics of Banking, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 0262062704, January.
- Dean A. Worcester & Jr., 1957. "Why "Dominant Firms" Decline," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 338-338.
- Paolo Coccorese, 2002. "Competition Among Dominant Firms in Concentrated Markets: Evidence from the Italian Banking Industry," CSEF Working Papers 89, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Gautam Gowrisankaran & Thomas J. Holmes, 2004. "Mergers and the Evolution of Industry Concentration: Results from the Dominant-Firm Model," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 35(3), pages 561-582, Autumn.
- Tarishi Matsuoka, 2011. "Monetary Policy and Banking Structure," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 43(6), pages 1109-1129, September.
- Bruce C. Cohen, 1970. "Deposit Demand and the Pricing of Demand Deposits," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 523-529.
- White, L.J., 1996. "The Rise and Fall of Dominant Firms in the U.S. Automobile Industry: A Twice Told Tale," Working Papers 96-12, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsOptimum number of banks; Public debt accumulation; Perfect vs. workable competition; Commercial bank seigniorage;
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-11-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2014-11-17 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2014-11-17 (Central Banking)
- NEP-COM-2014-11-17 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MAC-2014-11-17 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:58437. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .