Australian Banking Efficiency and its Relation to Stock Returns
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Joshua Kirkwood & Daehoon Nahm, 2006. "Australian Banking Efficiency and Its Relation to Stock Returns," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(258), pages 253-267, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Saadet Kasman & Adnan Kasman, 2011. "Efficiency, Productivity and Stock Performance: Evidence from the Turkish Banking Sector," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 58(3), pages 355-372, September.
- Varelas, Erotokritos, 2014. "Bank Industry Structure and Public Debt," MPRA Paper 58437, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Liadaki, Aggeliki & Gaganis, Chrysovalantis, 2010. "Efficiency and stock performance of EU banks: Is there a relationship?," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 254-259, October.
- Avkiran, Necmi K. & Morita, Hiroshi, 2010. "Benchmarking firm performance from a multiple-stakeholder perspective with an application to Chinese banking," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 501-508, December.
- Fethi, Meryem Duygun & Pasiouras, Fotios, 2010. "Assessing bank efficiency and performance with operational research and artificial intelligence techniques: A survey," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 204(2), pages 189-198, July.
- Fu, Xiaoqing (Maggie) & Lin, Yongjia (Rebecca) & Molyneux, Philip, 2014. "Bank efficiency and shareholder value in Asia Pacific," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 200-222.
- Werner, Karl & Moormann, Jürgen, 2009. "Efficiency and profitability of European banks: how important is operational efficiency?," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 111, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Abul Shamsuddin & Dong Xiang, 2012. "Does bank efficiency matter? Market value relevance of bank efficiency in Australia," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(27), pages 3563-3572, September.
- Fadzlan Sufian & Muhamed Zulkhibri Abdul Majid, 2009.
"Bank efficiency and share prices in China: empirical evidence from a three-stage banking model,"
International Journal of Computational Economics and Econometrics,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 23-47.
- Abdul Majid, Muhamed Zulkhibri & Sufian, Fadzlan, 2008. "Bank Efficiency and Share Prices in China: Empirical Evidence from a Three-Stage Banking Model," MPRA Paper 12120, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Apr 2008.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:253:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-016-2294-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Salim, Ruhul & Arjomandi, Amir & Seufert, Juergen Heinz, 2016. "Does corporate governance affect Australian banks' performance?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 113-125.
- Moradi-Motlagh, Amir & Babacan, Alperhan, 2015. "The impact of the global financial crisis on the efficiency of Australian banks," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 397-406.
- Erotokritos Varelas, 2015. "Number of Banks, Public Debt, and Workable Competition," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 5, pages 41-51, February.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:23:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11294-017-9654-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Amir Moradi-Motlagh & Ali Salman Saleh, 2014. "Re-Examining the Technical Efficiency of Australian Banks: A Bootstrap DEA Approach," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1-2), pages 112-128, June.
- Roger Carrington & Tim Coelli & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2011. "Australian Private Health Insurance Productivity Growth: Is there Scope to Limit Premium Increases?," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 87(276), pages 125-139, March.
- Sturm, Jan-Egbert & Williams, Barry, 2008. "Characteristics determining the efficiency of foreign banks in Australia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 2346-2360, November.
- Sufian, Fadzlan & Abdul Majid, Muhamed Zulkhibri, 2008. "The Relationship between Risk-Return Trade-Off and Productive Efficiency: Evidence from Malaysia Banking Sector," MPRA Paper 61817, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Avkiran, Necmi K. & Morita, Hiroshi, 2010. "Predicting Japanese bank stock performance with a composite relative efficiency metric: A new investment tool," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 254-271, June.
- repec:eco:journ1:2017-03-87 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsDEA; Banks; Profit Efficiency; Cost Efficiency;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-03-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2006-03-05 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-FIN-2006-03-05 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2006-03-05 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mac:wpaper:0508. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helen Boneham). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edmqqau.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .