Australian Banking Efficiency and Its Relation to Stock Returns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Joshua Kirkwood & Daehoon Nahm, 2005. "Australian Banking Efficiency and its Relation to Stock Returns," Research Papers 0508, Macquarie University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fadzlan Sufian & Muhamed Zulkhibri Abdul Majid, 2009.
"Bank efficiency and share prices in China: empirical evidence from a three-stage banking model,"
International Journal of Computational Economics and Econometrics,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 23-47.
- Abdul Majid, Muhamed Zulkhibri & Sufian, Fadzlan, 2008. "Bank Efficiency and Share Prices in China: Empirical Evidence from a Three-Stage Banking Model," MPRA Paper 12120, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Apr 2008.
- Avkiran, Necmi K. & Morita, Hiroshi, 2010. "Predicting Japanese bank stock performance with a composite relative efficiency metric: A new investment tool," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 254-271, June.
- Saadet Kasman & Adnan Kasman, 2011. "Efficiency, Productivity and Stock Performance: Evidence from the Turkish Banking Sector," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 58(3), pages 355-372, September.
- repec:eco:journ1:2017-03-87 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fu, Xiaoqing (Maggie) & Lin, Yongjia (Rebecca) & Molyneux, Philip, 2014. "Bank efficiency and shareholder value in Asia Pacific," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 200-222.
- Amir Moradi-Motlagh & Ali Salman Saleh, 2014. "Re-Examining the Technical Efficiency of Australian Banks: A Bootstrap DEA Approach," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1-2), pages 112-128, June.
- Werner, Karl & Moormann, Jürgen, 2009. "Efficiency and profitability of European banks: how important is operational efficiency?," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 111, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:253:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-016-2294-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:23:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11294-017-9654-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liadaki, Aggeliki & Gaganis, Chrysovalantis, 2010. "Efficiency and stock performance of EU banks: Is there a relationship?," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 254-259, October.
- Abul Shamsuddin & Dong Xiang, 2012. "Does bank efficiency matter? Market value relevance of bank efficiency in Australia," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(27), pages 3563-3572, September.
- Varelas, Erotokritos, 2014. "Bank Industry Structure and Public Debt," MPRA Paper 58437, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Avkiran, Necmi K. & Morita, Hiroshi, 2010. "Benchmarking firm performance from a multiple-stakeholder perspective with an application to Chinese banking," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 501-508, December.
- Sufian, Fadzlan & Abdul Majid, Muhamed Zulkhibri, 2008. "The Relationship between Risk-Return Trade-Off and Productive Efficiency: Evidence from Malaysia Banking Sector," MPRA Paper 61817, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Salim, Ruhul & Arjomandi, Amir & Seufert, Juergen Heinz, 2016. "Does corporate governance affect Australian banks' performance?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 113-125.
- Roger Carrington & Tim Coelli & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2011. "Australian Private Health Insurance Productivity Growth: Is there Scope to Limit Premium Increases?," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 87(276), pages 125-139, March.
- Fethi, Meryem Duygun & Pasiouras, Fotios, 2010. "Assessing bank efficiency and performance with operational research and artificial intelligence techniques: A survey," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 204(2), pages 189-198, July.
- Moradi-Motlagh, Amir & Babacan, Alperhan, 2015. "The impact of the global financial crisis on the efficiency of Australian banks," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 397-406.
- Erotokritos Varelas, 2015. "Number of Banks, Public Debt, and Workable Competition," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 5, pages 41-51, February.
- Sturm, Jan-Egbert & Williams, Barry, 2008. "Characteristics determining the efficiency of foreign banks in Australia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 2346-2360, November.
More about this item
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ecorec:v:82:y:2006:i:258:p:253-267. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esausea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.