Optimal choice of monetary policy instruments in an economy with real and liquidity shocks
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruce Champ & Bruce D. Smith & Stephen D. Williamson, 1996.
"Currency Elasticity and Banking Panics: Theory and Evidence,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(4), pages 828-864, November.
- Champ, B. & Snith, B.D. & Williamson, D.S., 1991. "Currency Elasticity and Banking Panics: Theory and Evidence," RCER Working Papers 292, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Champ, B. & Smith, B.D., 1991. "Currency Elasticity and Banking Panics: theory and Evidence," University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations Working Papers 9109, University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations.
- Joseph H. Haslag & Antoine Martin, 2003.
"Optimality of the Friedman rule in overlapping generations model with spatial separation,"
Research Working Paper
RWP 03-03, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Joe Haslag & Antoine Martin, 2003. "Optimality of the Friedman Rule in Overlapping Generations Model with Spatial Separation," Working Papers 0306, Department of Economics, University of Missouri.
- Bhattacharya, Joydeep & Singh, Rajesh, 2006. "On the Usefulness of the Constrained Planning Problem in a Model of Money," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12660, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Antinolfi, Gaetano & Keister, Todd, 2006.
"Discount Window Policy, Banking Crises, And Indeterminacy Of Equilibrium,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(01), pages 1-19, February.
- Gaetano Antinolfi & Todd Keister, 2003. "Discount Window Policy, Banking Crises, and Indeterminacy of Equilibrium," Working Papers 0305, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Bhattacharya, Joydeep & Haslag, Joseph & Russell, Steven, 2005.
"The role of money in two alternative models: When is the Friedman rule optimal, and why?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(8), pages 1401-1433, November.
- Bhattacharya, Joydeep & Haslag, Joseph & Russell, Steven, 2004. "The Role of Money in Two Alternative Models: When is the Friedman Rule Optimal, and Why?," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11950, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Schreft, Stacey L. & Smith, Bruce D., 1997. "Money, Banking, and Capital Formation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 157-182, March.
- Bruce D. Smith, 2002. "Monetary Policy, Banking Crises, and the Friedman Rule," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 128-134, May.
- Townsend, Robert M, 1987. "Economic Organization with Limited Communication," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 954-971, December.
- Stacey Schreft & Bruce Smith, 2008. "The social value of risk-free government debt," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 131-155, March.
- Gomis-Porqueras, Pere & Smith, Bruce D., 2003. "Seasonality And Monetary Policy," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(04), pages 477-502, September.
- William Poole, 1970. "Optimal Choice of Monetary Policy Instruments in a Simple Stochastic Macro Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(2), pages 197-216.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jordi Caballé & Jana Hromcová, 2011.
"The Role of Central Bank Operating Procedures in an Economy with Productive Government Spending,"
Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 37(1), pages 39-65, January.
- Jordi Caballe & Jana Hromcova, 2001. "The Role of Central Bank Operating Procedures in an Economy with Productive Government Spending," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 504.01, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Bénassy, Jean-Pascal, 2012. "Destabilizing optimal policies in the business cycle," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 1364-1371.
- Matsuoka, Tarishi, 2012.
"Imperfect interbank markets and the lender of last resort,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 1673-1687.
- Tarishi Matsuoka, 2010. "Imperfect Interbank Markets and the Lender of Last Resort," KIER Working Papers 731, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Bhattacharya, Joydeep & Singh, Rajesh, 2010. "Optimal monetary rules under persistent shocks," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1277-1294, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:dyncon:v:32:y:2008:i:4:p:1273-1311. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.