The Role of Financial Sector Competition for Monetary Policy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Edgar A. Ghossoub & Thanarak Laosuthi & Robert R. Reed, 2012. "The role of financial sector competition for monetary policy," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 45(1), pages 270-287, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruce D. Smith & Beatrix Paal & Ke Wang, 2005. "Monopoly versus Competition in Banking: Some Implications for Growth and Welfare," 2005 Meeting Papers 435, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Townsend, Robert M, 1987. "Economic Organization with Limited Communication," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 954-971, December.
- Mark G. Guzman, 2000.
"Bank structure, capital accumulation and growth: a simple macroeconomic model,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 16(2), pages 421-455.
- Guzman, Mark G., 1999. "Bank structure, capital accumulation and growth: a simple macroeconomic model," Working Papers 9907, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, revised 01 Mar 2000.
- Bruce Champ & Bruce D. Smith & Stephen D. Williamson, 1996.
"Currency Elasticity and Banking Panics: Theory and Evidence,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(4), pages 828-864, November.
- Champ, B. & Snith, B.D. & Williamson, D.S., 1991. "Currency Elasticity and Banking Panics: Theory and Evidence," RCER Working Papers 292, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Champ, B. & Smith, B.D., 1991. "Currency Elasticity and Banking Panics: theory and Evidence," University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations Working Papers 9109, University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations.
- Hannan, Timothy H & Berger, Allen N, 1991. "The Rigidity of Prices: Evidence from the Banking Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 938-945, September.
- Gert Peersman, 2004. "The Transmission of Monetary Policy in the Euro Area: Are the Effects Different Across Countries?," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 66(3), pages 285-308, July.
- Antinolfi, Gaetano & Kawamura, Enrique, 2008. "Banks and markets in a monetary economy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 321-334, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ghossoub, Edgar A., 2012. "Liquidity risk and financial competition: Implications for asset prices and monetary policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 155-173.
- Tarishi Matsuoka, 2011. "Monetary Policy and Banking Structure," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 43(6), pages 1109-1129, September.
- Ghossoub, Edgar A. & Reed, Robert R., 2015. "The size distribution of the banking sector and the effects of monetary policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 156-176.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary Policy; Financial Sector Concentration; Price Competition;
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tsa:wpaper:0069. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Frost). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cbutsus.html .