Estimating Residential Electricity Demand Responses in Pakistan’s Punjab
In this paper, we aim to understand residential electricity demand responses to changes in income, in order to assist policymakers in managing demand for electricity and evaluating tariff increases associated with proposed projects for increasing supply, while minimizing the impact on poverty.
Volume (Year): 15 (2010)
Issue (Month): Special Edition (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (92-42) 6560939
Web page: http://www.lahoreschoolofeconomics.edu.pk/EconomicsJournal/LJEIntro.aspx
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heckman, James J, 1979.
"Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-61, January.
- Theresa Chaudhry & Azam Chaudhry, 2008. "The Effects of Rising Food and Fuel Costs on Poverty in Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 13(Special E), pages 117-138, September.
- Hanemann, W Michael, 1984. "Discrete-Continuous Models of Consumer Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 541-61, May.
- Rehana Siddiqui, 2004. "Energy and Economic Growth in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 43(2), pages 175-200.
- Nadeem A. Burney & Naeem Akhtar, 1990. "Fuel Demand Elasticities in Pakistan: An Analysis of Households' Expenditure on Fuels using Micro Data," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 29(2), pages 155-174.
- Ransom, Michael R, 1987. "An Empirical Model of Discrete and Continuous Choice in Family Labor Supply," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(3), pages 465-72, August.
- Maddock, Rodney & Castano, Elkin & Vella, Frank, 1992. "Estimating Electricity Demand: The Cost of Linearising the Budget Constraint," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(2), pages 350-54, May.
- Hausman, Jerry A., 1979. "The econometrics of labor supply on convex budget sets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 171-174.
- Massimo Filippini & Shonali Pachauri, 2002.
"Elasticities of Electricity Demand in Urban Indian Households,"
CEPE Working paper series
02-16, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Filippini, Massimo & Pachauri, Shonali, 2004. "Elasticities of electricity demand in urban Indian households," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 429-436, February.
- Shaun McRae, 2009. "Infrastructure Quality and the Subsidy Trap," Discussion Papers 09-017, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research, revised Nov 2009.
- Rehana Siddiqui, 1999. "Demand for Energy and the Revenue Impact of Changes in Energy Prices," PIDE-Working Papers 1999:174, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Muhammad Nasir & Muhammad Salman Tariq & Ankasha Arif, 2008. "Residential Demand for Electricity in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 47(4), pages 457-467.
- Muhammad Arshad Khan & Usman Ahmad, 2008.
"Energy Demand in Pakistan: A Disaggregate Analysis,"
The Pakistan Development Review,
Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 47(4), pages 437-455.
- Arshad Khan, Muhammad & Ahmed, Usman, 2009. "Energy Demand in Pakistan: A Disaggregate Analysis," MPRA Paper 15056, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Khan, Muhammad Arshad & Ahmed, Usman, 2009. "Energy Demand in Pakistan: A Disaggregate Analysis," MPRA Paper 15369, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Olmstead, Sheila M., 2009. "Reduced-Form Versus Structural Models of Water Demand Under Nonlinear Prices," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 27, pages 84-94.
- Hausman, Jerry A, 1985. "The Econometrics of Nonlinear Budget Sets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1255-82, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lje:journl:v:15:y:2010:i:sp:p:107-138. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shahid Salahuddin)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.