Patterns of ethnic self-employment in time and space: evidence from British Census microdata
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blanchflower, David G. & Shadforth, Chris, 2007.
"Entrepreneurship in the UK,"
Foundations and Trends(R) in Entrepreneurship,
now publishers, vol. 3(4), pages 257-364, July.
- Clark, Ken & Drinkwater, Stephen, 2006. "Changing Patterns of Ethnic Minority Self-Employment in Britain: Evidence from Census Microdata," IZA Discussion Papers 2495, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kenneth Clark & Stephen Drinkwater, 2002. "Enclaves, neighbourhood effects and employment outcomes: Ethnic minorities in England and Wales," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 5-29.
- Mark B. Stewart, 2004.
"Semi-nonparametric estimation of extended ordered probit models,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 4(1), pages 27-39, March.
- Mark Stewart, 2002. "Semi-nonparametric estimation of extended ordered probit models," United Kingdom Stata Users' Group Meetings 2003 04, Stata Users Group.
- Y Georgellis & J G Sessions & N Tsitsianis, 2005. "Self-Employment Longitudinal Dynamics: A Review of the Literature," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 10(2), pages 51-84, September.
- Amelie Constant & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2004.
"Self-Employment Dynamics across the Business Cycle: Migrants versus Natives,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
455, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Constant, Amelie F. & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2004. "Self-Employment Dynamics Across the Business Cycle: Migrants Versus Natives," IZA Discussion Papers 1386, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Borooah, Vani K & Hart, Mark, 1999. " Factors Affecting Self-Employment among Indian and Black Caribbean Men in Britain," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 111-29, September.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521828130 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert W. Fairlie, 2004.
"Recent Trends in Ethnic and Racial Business Ownership,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 203-218, October.
- Fairlie, Robert, 2014. "Recent Trends in Ethnic and Racial Business Ownership," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt1b44c0mk, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- William E. Even & David A. Macpherson, 1993. "The Decline of Private-Sector Unionism and the Gender Wage Gap," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(2), pages 279-296.
- Burke, Andrew E & FitzRoy, Felix R & Nolan, Michael A, 2000. " When Less Is More: Distinguishing between Entrepreneurial Choice and Performance," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 62(5), pages 565-87, December.
- Wellington, Alison J., 2006. "Self-employment: the new solution for balancing family and career?," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 357-386, June.
- David G. Blanchflower, 2004. "Self-Employment: More may not be better," NBER Working Papers 10286, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clark, Kenneth & Drinkwater, Stephen, 2000. "Pushed out or pulled in? Self-employment among ethnic minorities in England and Wales," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 603-628, September.
- Gallant, A Ronald & Nychka, Douglas W, 1987. "Semi-nonparametric Maximum Likelihood Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 363-90, March.
- Smith, James P & Welch, Finis R, 1989. "Black Economic Progress after Myrdal," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 27(2), pages 519-64, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:sbusec:v:34:y:2010:i:3:p:323-338. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.