On Storage Behavior Under Imperfect Competition, with Application to the American Cheese Market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716.
- Newbery, David M, 1984. "Commodity Price Stabilization in Imperfect or Cartelized Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 563-578, May.
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-1054, July.
- Saloner, Garth, 1986. "The role of obsolescence and inventory costs in providing commitment," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 333-345, September.
- Dmitry V. Vedenov & Mario J. Miranda, 2001. "Numerical solution of dynamic oligopoly games with capital investment," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 18(1), pages 237-261.
- Nicholas M. Kiefer & Timothy J. Vogelsang, 2002.
"Heteroskedasticity-Autocorrelation Robust Standard Errors Using The Bartlett Kernel Without Truncation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(5), pages 2093-2095, September.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M., 2001. "Heteroskedasticity-Autocorrelation Robust Standard Errors Using the Bartlett Kernel without Truncation," Working Papers 01-13, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul, 2006. "On Storage Behavior Under Imperfect Competition," Working Papers 201527, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Food System Research Group.
- Kirman, Alan P & Sobel, Matthew J, 1974. "Dynamic Oligopoly with Inventories," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(2), pages 279-287, March.
- Williams,Jeffrey C. & Wright,Brian D., 2005. "Storage and Commodity Markets," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521023399, December.
- Rigoberto Lopez & Azzeddine Azzam & Carmen Lirón-España, 2002. "Market Power and/or Efficiency: A Structural Approach," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 20(2), pages 115-126, March.
- Willard Mueller & Bruce Marion, 2000. "Market Power in the Cheese Industry: Further Evidence," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 17(2), pages 177-191, September.
- Brian W. Gould & Huei Chin Lin, 1994. "The demand for cheese in the United States: The role of household composition," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(1), pages 43-59.
- Sebastien Mitraille, 2004. "Storage Behaviour Of Cournot Duopolists Over The Business Cycle," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2004 55, Royal Economic Society.
- repec:exe:wpaper:00/17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pagoulatos, Emilio & Sorensen, Robert, 1986. "What determines the elasticity of industry demand?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 237-250, September.
- Mollgaard, H.P. & Poddar, S. & Sasaki, D., 2000. "Strategic Inventories in Two-period Oligopoly," Discussion Papers 0017, University of Exeter, Department of Economics.
- Huang, Kuo S., 1985.
"U.S. Demand for Food: A Complete System of Price and Income Effects,"
157014, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Huang, Kuo S., 1985. "U.S Demand for Food: A Complete System of Price and Icome Effects," Technical Bulletins 206507, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Julio J. Rotemberg & Garth Saloner, 1989. "The Cyclical Behavior of Strategic Inventories," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(1), pages 73-97.
- John McLaren, 1999. "Speculation on Primary Commodities: The Effects of Restricted Entry," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(4), pages 853-871.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kornher, Lukas & Kalkuhl, Matthias, 2013.
"Food Price Volatility in Developing Countries and its Determinants,"
Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture,
Humboldt-Universitaat zu Berlin, vol. 52(4), pages 1-32, November.
- Kornher, Lukas & Kalkuhl, Matthias, 2013. "Food price volatility in developing countries and its determinants," 53rd Annual Conference, Berlin, Germany, September 25-27, 2013 156132, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
More about this item
KeywordsStorage; Dynamics; Imperfect competition; D4; L1; Q11;
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- Q11 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis; Prices
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:33:y:2008:i:4:p:325-339. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.