Inefficiency in Japanese water utility firms: a stochastic frontier approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Belen Iraizoz & Isabel Bardaji & Manuel Rapun, 2005. "The Spanish beef sector in the 1990s: impact of the BSE crisis on efficiency and profitability," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(4), pages 473-484.
- Fumitoshi Mizutani & Takuya Urakami, 2001. "articles: Identifying network density and scale economies for Japanese water supply organizations," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 80(2), pages 211-230.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, J, 1977. "Technical Efficiency and Dimension of the Firm: Some Results on the Use of Frontier Production Functions," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 109-122.
- Xueqin Zhu & Giannis Karagiannis & Alfons Oude Lansink, 2011. "The Impact of Direct Income Transfers of CAP on Greek Olive Farms’ Performance: Using a Non‐Monotonic Inefficiency Effects Model," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(3), pages 630-638, September.
- Berger, Allen N. & Humphrey, David B., 1997.
"Efficiency of financial institutions: International survey and directions for future research,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 175-212, April.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of financial institutions: international survey and directions for future research," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of Financial Institutions: International Survey and Directions for Future Research," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-05, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Hung-jen Wang & Peter Schmidt, 2002.
"One-Step and Two-Step Estimation of the Effects of Exogenous Variables on Technical Efficiency Levels,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 129-144, September.
- Wang, Hung-jen & Schmidt, Peter, 2001. "One-step and two-step estimation of the effects of exogenous variables on technical efficiency levels," MPRA Paper 31075, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Mar 2002.
- Rezitis, Anthony N. & Tsiboukas, Kostas & Tsoukalas, Stauros, 2003.
"Investigation of Factors Influencing the Technical Efficiency of Agricultural Producers Participating in Farm Credit Programs: The Case of Greece,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 35(03), December.
- Rezitis, Anthony N. & Tsiboukas, Kostas & Tsoukalas, Stauros, 2003. "Investigation of Factors Influencing the Technical Efficiency of Agricultural Producers Participating in Farm Credit Programs: The Case of Greece," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(03), pages 529-541, December.
- Baumert, Jennifer & Bloodgood, Laura, 2004. "Private Sector Participation in the Water and Wastewater Services Industry," Working Paper ID Series 15876, United States International Trade Commission, Office of Industries.
- Oliver E. Williamson, 1976. "Franchise Bidding for Natural Monopolies -- in General and with Respect to CATV," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 7(1), pages 73-104, Spring.
- Maria Corton, 2011. "Sector fragmentation and aggregation of service provision in the water industry," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 159-169, April.
- Scotti, Davide & Malighetti, Paolo & Martini, Gianmaria & Volta, Nicola, 2012.
"The impact of airport competition on technical efficiency: A stochastic frontier analysis applied to Italian airport,"
Journal of Air Transport Management,
Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 9-15.
- Davide Scotti & Paolo Malighetti & Gianmaria Martini & Nicola Volta, 2010. "The impact of airport competition on technical efficiency: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis applied to Italian airports," Working Papers 1004, Department of Economics and Technology Management, University of Bergamo.
- Malighetti, Paolo & Martini, Gianmaria & Scotti, Davide & Volta, Nicola, 2010. "The impact of airport competition on technical efficiency: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis applied to Italian airports," MPRA Paper 24648, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pitt, Mark M. & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1981. "The measurement and sources of technical inefficiency in the Indonesian weaving industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-64, August.
- Shinji Yane & Sanford Berg, 2013.
"Sensitivity analysis of efficiency rankings to distributional assumptions: applications to Japanese water utilities,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(17), pages 2337-2348, June.
- Yane, Shinji & Berg, Sanford, 2011. "Sensitivity analysis of efficiency rankings to distributional assumptions: applications to Japanese water utilities," MPRA Paper 32892, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Newhouse, Joseph P., 1994. "Frontier estimation: How useful a tool for health economics?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 317-322, October.
- Aida, Kazuo & Cooper, William W. & Pastor, Jésus T. & Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki, 1998. "Evaluating Water Supply Services in Japan with RAM: a Range-adjusted Measure of Inefficiency," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 207-232, April.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Takuya Urakami & David Parker, 2011. "The Effects of Consolidation amongst Japanese Water Utilities," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 48(13), pages 2805-2825, October.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:69:y:2018:i:c:p:325-334 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Fan & Phillips, Michelle, 2016. "The Influence Of Regulation And The Operational Environment On Chinese Urban Water Utilities," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235160, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Fan Li & Michelle Andrea Phillips, 2017. "The Influence of the Regulatory Environment on Chinese Urban Water Utilities," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 31(1), pages 205-218, January.
More about this item
KeywordsWater utility regulation; Japan water utilities; Stochastic frontier analysis; L51; L95;
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L95 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Gas Utilities; Pipelines; Water Utilities
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:regeco:v:44:y:2013:i:2:p:197-214. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.